Page 398 of 541 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 10817

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Fuel had the basics of an post-apoc exploration racer but it had issues in terms of game balance, handling and some other issues.

The mod fixes EVERY SINGLE ONE of the problems - it improves EVERY SINGLE BIT of the game.

I'd say the only issue with the modded game is that it still requires GFWL but the gamer who doesn't have that installed these days is a strange fruit indeed.
    Is post-apoc exploration racer a new genre that Iv'e missed? What the fuck does one of those look like?

Arkham City basically is 5 now whenever I see it so I'd say there's no rush at all

Looking for 3 people to buy a Monaco 4-pack to save a few bucks. PM me if interested.

Edit: Yay! We just need two more people!
    Last edited by SirDavies; 31-03-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Is post-apoc exploration racer a new genre that Iv'e missed? What the fuck does one of those look like?
    Consider, for a moment, the wisdom of coming in all Mr Hostile when all you're doing is saying "duh wut?"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Not been significantly cheaper, but it'll be the same price again, have no doubt.
    Worth nothing that Steam no long seem to offer the DLC for people who own the vanilla game - so the only path to the DLC on Steam is to buy the GOTY version (cheaper overall this w/e but not otherwise!)

Arkham City basically is 5 now whenever I see it so I'd say there's no rush at all
    Arkham City is fantastic bang for buck. get the goty, if only for the alternate batman skins. harvey's revenge is pointless, but you play robin. I don't like the challenges, didn't play them, no idea which is included in the base game. I had a look around the Batcave, but I liked the cave in Arkham Asylum much better.

Concerning post-apocalyptic racers: They are all everyone's ever wished for since watching Mad Max, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Concerning post-apocalyptic racers: They are all everyone's ever wished for since watching Mad Max, surely.
    I wish people could see beyond...thunderdome.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Some cheap bundles on Gamefly:

Bioshock, Bioshock 2 - 2.99
    Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness II - 3.33

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga...&sort=NewPrice
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Some cheap bundles on Gamefly:

Bioshock, Bioshock 2 - 2.99
    Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness II - 3.33

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga...&sort=NewPrice
    They look a great deal - the code GFDAPR20UK will drop it down by 20% on uk - GFDAPR20 for US
    Last edited by Kiril; 01-04-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Consider, for a moment, the wisdom of coming in all Mr Hostile when all you're doing is saying "duh wut?"
    Was being profane and confused, not hostile. You're right in that all I was doing was asking a question though. Because that's what I was doing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was being profane and confused, not hostile. You're right in that all I was doing was asking a question though. Because that's what I was doing.
    Post apoc(alyptic) - Mad Max setting
    Exploration - not all racing, you can just drive around and discover stuff too
    Racer - self-explanatory I guess

Clearer? :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I believe the thrust of what Comrade sonson was asking is something like: are there actually so many post-apocalyptic racers that they constitute a genre, such that the form might be said to have "basics"? Rather than being unable to conceive of what such a thing might be.

I might echo his supposed question.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    I believe the thrust of what Comrade sonson was asking is something like: are there actually so many post-apocalyptic racers that they constitute a genre, such that the form might be said to have "basics"? Rather than being unable to conceive of what such a thing might be.

I might echo his supposed question.
    That's the one

Apologies for attempting to ask the question in the manner of a violent and pissed vagrant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    As we're walking into a blind alley looking for a cat which isn't there - I'll bite.

There is probably a genre called "zombie prostitute smear test score rush" out there somewhere - and even if there's just one game which attempts to take that serious topic on, it would have some sort of basics which you'd look for, wouldn't it?

I'm not an expert on the topic, but I'd imagine the presence of zombies who have looser than normal moral fibre when it comes to who they sleep with and the presence of some sort of lasso would be amongst them. You'd probably also have a co-op team of players which looked at bit like the Doctors on Embarrassing Bodies and a city which had testing clinics dotted around the place.

I think what I'm saying is that by using 4 words to describe a game, I didn't imply that there was a pantheon of content on the topic already - necessarily - although off-the-top-of-my-head there's P.A.M., Wasteland Angel, Death Rally, Carmageddon, RAGE, Twisted Metal and about 200 Flash games ;)

Network Hub
    Far Cry 3 is at 15 or 17.50 for the deluxe edition for Europe only on GreenManGaming. You can probably add a 20% off code they might still have as well, so that puts it at a nice price.

It still registers on UPlay, so you might as well get it here since no matter what there's a client to go through, two if you decided to wait for a Steam sale, yay for needless hoops to jump!
    Last edited by Firewhisper; 02-04-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post
    Far Cry 3 is at 15 or 17.50 for the deluxe edition for Europe only on GreenManGaming. You can probably add a 20% off code they might still have as well, so that puts it at a nice price.

It still register on UPlay, so you might as well get it here since no matter what there's a client to go through, two if you decided to wait for a Steam sale, yay for needless hoops to jump!
    Thanks for the heads up, just bought it, I think this is the cheapest it's been. Yes GMG code GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD gets you another 20% off, so 12 / 14 deluxe.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle (Steam key) is $8 on GMG with GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD. I think it was recently $12.49 on Steam.
    Last edited by internetonsetadd; 02-04-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post

It still registers on UPlay, so you might as well get it here since no matter what there's a client to go through, two if you decided to wait for a Steam sale, yay for needless hoops to jump!

Confused. So this can't be activated on Steam?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Confused. So this can't be activated on Steam?
    No, but there's no need, if you buy it on Steam and launch then it just launches UPlay which launches Far Cry 3. What I'm saying is just buy it if you're willing to pay, just extra DRM otherwise.

Ah right, god I hate UPlay. What about the actual Steam version, does that need UPlay?

Edit: sorry you answered that in your post. But Steam won't track this version I'm guessing.
    Last edited by JohnD; 03-04-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I think it needs UPlay wherever you buy it. But that does mean it unlocks a copy on UPlay so only ever has the 1 form of DRM attached, ie. no need to launch Steam to play.