Page 4 of 587 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    *Head explodes at how broken videogame words are*

Not your fault, it's just pre-order is already redundant (what's wrong with 'order'? ) so pre-order in advance amused me...
    Hah, I didn't even notice. Yes, that's really embarrassing. Sorry, English language, I have disgraced thee.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Steam daily - Hacker Evolution: Untold. 66% off to 3.74. Has demo. Will game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Ooh, I quite enjoyed the demo - a bit like Uplink but with an actual story. But not as good.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 08-06-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Uplink had a story, quite a good one too.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Not your fault, it's just pre-order is already redundant (what's wrong with 'order'? ) so pre-order in advance amused me...
    I always figured pre-order was short for pre-release order.

Quote Originally Posted by mlaskus View Post
    Uplink had a story, quite a good one too.
    Only if you went looking for it - the first time I played Uplink I just amassed a huge fortune and bought all the shiny gear. I meant that the story in Hacker Evolution was the driving force for the player from the start, while in Uplink if you never got round to following the breadcrumb trail the game laid for you you could still have a perfectly enjoyable experience. (I never did get to the end of the story in Uplink, maybe I'll go back and finish it one of these days.)

Edit: while we're on the subject of hacking games, anyone interested in that kind of thing should try Telehack - it's free (you don't get much more of a bargain than that), and it's a mine of interesting stuff from ye olde days of the internet.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 08-06-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Oh you should definitely do that! The ending is incredibly frantic, I loved it.

Banned
    If you're after hacking games, then you've got the whole internet to play with.

Good Old Games has Rise of the Triad for $3. Not sure what that is in real money. It's pretty much nothing, I guess. Game looks as ugly as my Uncle Billy. Well, he's a triad boss, so maybe there's some connection there.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rise_...riad__dark_war

Steam daily - Civilisation 4, 75% off - 2.49. This also includes the 'Complete Edition' on the same page as C4 which includes "Warlords", "Beyond the Sword" and "Colonisation" for 3.74.

I take it, based on what I've heard about this game, that this is a shoe-in?

Weekend - The following 50% off; DC Universe Online to 15, Dead Rising 2 to 15 and Resident Evil 5 to 10.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 09-06-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added in weekend deal

Also Steam weekend deal - Resident Evil 5 for a tenner. Should I? I haven't played a Resi since the PlayStation days. Or Dead Rising 2 for 15? Are either worth my pennies?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Also Steam weekend deal - Resident Evil 5 for a tenner. Should I? I haven't played a Resi since the PlayStation days. Or Dead Rising 2 for 15? Are either worth my pennies?
    No. You can get Dead Rising 2 cheaper than that (unless you really, really want it on Steam). Possibly likewise for Resident Evil 5; at least, the prices I found (not on special) were not much more than 10.

Although where I saw Dead Rising 2 cheaper, it wasn't much cheaper... and I can't actually remember where that was.
    Last edited by thegooseking; 10-06-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thegooseking View Post
    No. You can get Dead Rising 2 cheaper than that (unless you really, really want it on Steam). Possibly likewise for Resident Evil 5; at least, the prices I found (not on special) were not much more than 10.

Although where I saw Dead Rising 2 cheaper, it wasn't much cheaper... and I can't actually remember where that was.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dead Rising 2 a Steamworks game anyway? That is, it's going to end up on Steam no matter what you do (and indeed whether you want it to or not) so you might as well buy the cheaper retail copy.

I meant are the games worth playing? I'd rather have them on Steam, if I'm honest, and a quick goggle reveals they're not that much cheaper elsewhere.

Edit: and Dead Rising 2 isn't on the list of games that activate on Steam.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 10-06-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I meant are the games worth playing? I'd rather have them on Steam, if I'm honest, and a quick goggle reveals they're not that much cheaper elsewhere.

Edit: and Dead Rising 2 isn't on the list of games that activate on Steam.
    Ah, on further inspection it's a GfWL game. My bad, I knew it was locked to something annoying but I misremembered which one.

Steam daily - Zuma's Revenge, 50% off - 3.50. Go and get revenge on a related note to Zuma.

By the way, regarding that bee.com 20% E3 games discount, I used it for BF3. I don't see any reason to doubt it, so if you're not aware, while E3 is on, if you pre-order any game shown at E3 and use the discount code PREORDER20, you get 20% off.

@ColOfNature

I enjoyed Resident Evil 5. The series has got a bit more action-oriented since the early games but that's no drawback. Capcom did a sterling job with the PC version too: it looks great, and controls perfectly with mouse and keyboard.

Bad points include a few crappy quicktime events and the (completely stupid) fact that your character can't move while shooting. It also has GFWL, as mentioned (if that's the kind of thing that would put you off a purchase).

It's Resident Evil, so don't go in expecting Deus Ex. It's got big guns, hammy acting, huge boss monsters and a few scares. Apparently it excels when played in coop mode, I only played it single player though. If the price seems reasonable to you then I'd say go for it.

Network Hub
    GOG Strategy First games sale- 50% off.

Ghost Master's the only one I've played and it's decent, but from what I hear Jagged Aliance 2 seems the star pick.

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/strategy..._games_06_2011

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My CoD 4 disc got scratched, cod4 on www.direct2drive.co.uk for 9.99 certainly has my attention, but do i care about it enough to buy it again, on the bright side still having my cd key would mean I could lan it with the copies.

Isn't cod 4 one of the games you can activate on steam with the cd-key?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Isn't cod 4 one of the games you can activate on steam with the cd-key?
    Unfortunately that didn't start until MW2, in fact the Steam CD-key list explicitly says: "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam" (in bold, no less)

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7480-WUSF-3601