Page 404 of 542 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 10838

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    NS2 is actually 7.60 using code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA over at Greenmangaming

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...-selection-ii/
    y

Anyone not too sure about it, but would like to try it get's my full recommendation, and there's an RPS community to play it with if you are looking to play with people!
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    NS2 is actually 7.60 using code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA over at Greenmangaming

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...-selection-ii/
    y

Anyone not too sure about it, but would like to try it get's my full recommendation, and there's an RPS community to play it with if you are looking to play with people!
    To provide a counter-statement:

Unless you are willing to put in time to find a good group/server to play on, avoid this game. If you are willing to put in the time, it is apparently quite good.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

You can have plenty of fun by yourself, but the loveliness of the game really shows itself during teamwork. That's why we meet up every Thursday and Sunday for a session, everyone should check it out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Its just like Natural Selection 1*, but tragically pretty and with gorge belly sliding (think a obese dog meets Tony Hawk).

*Its tense, shortform and team based, no levelling up, no unlocks, no headshots, the asymmetrical really makes strategy lord over skill and it can switch from momentarily terrifying to hilarious.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-04-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I dunno. My experience (and that of a few friends who have also tried it since release) is mostly that it runs into the same problem any team-oriented game does: People are assholes. So whichever team has a group of people who work together will steamroll the other team while the losing team will spend the entire time complaining. Combine that with the "standard FPS" commentary involving bigotry and racism (and, more specifically, nobody except for me on the servers I tried actually seeming to be annoyed by said hatespeech) and I just got turned off of it. I am sure it is a fun game, but there are lots of games out there so I might as well play one that requires less time invested with a bunch of assholes before finding the fun in it.

Ironically, not wanting to invest time with assholes is also why I generally don't like Final Fantasy games. :p
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Codemasters racing games cheap at GMG this weekend - which again leads me into wondering whether they improved on the risible F1 2010 at any point.

Ooh - there's a demo for 2012, I'll try that.

*30 minutes of being patronised, forced to watch videos and not actually allowed to DRIVE A CAR later*

Nope...

Seriously - whoever put that demo together should be shot with shit - why assume everyone trying your demo is

a - clueless about F1
    b - not keen to drive a car
    c - fond of watching intro videos EVERY time they restart

Also - the 360 controller default settings are laughably shit - so much so that they CANNOT have tried to play with one. The steering makes it impossible to drive in a straight line, let alone a corner!!

Tosh

Regarding NS2, to be honest the community at the moment is quite settled and so I don't think we've encountered any nasty people in quite a long time. In fact because the game IS so team oriented it's fostered quite a nice attitude where people who aren't very pleasant just don't join in because they can't contribute like they would in any other game where organisation isn't so required. We have quite a few members who jump into random games all through the week and I've certainly not heard any complaints. I would be surprised if you ran into anyone who is bad anymore, the community has been 99% lovely for us, one of the better ones out there.

So yes, anyone who is slightly interested in the game, I cannot recommend enough getting it. It's very nice to, as Helio said, not have unlocks etc etc. Just a straight up MP game that requires a bit of thinking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    GMG has a Dead Island: Riptide preorder offer. You get a shitty DLC, a Steam key for Risen (the good one) and 13 dollars in GMG credit or 10 dollars back. The game costs 40 dollars.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Regarding NS2, to be honest the community at the moment is quite settled and so I don't think we've encountered any nasty people in quite a long time. In fact because the game IS so team oriented it's fostered quite a nice attitude where people who aren't very pleasant just don't join in because they can't contribute like they would in any other game where organisation isn't so required. We have quite a few members who jump into random games all through the week and I've certainly not heard any complaints. I would be surprised if you ran into anyone who is bad anymore, the community has been 99% lovely for us, one of the better ones out there.

So yes, anyone who is slightly interested in the game, I cannot recommend enough getting it. It's very nice to, as Helio said, not have unlocks etc etc. Just a straight up MP game that requires a bit of thinking.
    Just two quick questions. Is there only one applicable coupon; and are there any Asian servers?

Banned
    fuck - scheduled maintenance on internet banking for one my credit card, which means i can't setup some stupid authentication thing. Hope the deal lasts until tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Just two quick questions. Is there only one applicable coupon; and are there any Asian servers?
    If you mean the coupon only works once, then I believe so. As for Asian servers, I haven't played on any myself, though I've heard there are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Bought Fuel, not really sure why, don't know what to do, installed the patch and there's like 50 modes or something.

But it was less than 4 tins of Heinz Baked Beans.

Network Hub
    I wish the vast open world of Fuel had been used for a procedurally generated survival FPS thing rather than a sub par racing game. That said I still aim to do the RPS thing of driving from one side of the world to the other at some point.

A very creative person could make an interesting post-apocalypse machinima with just fuel footage and a well written voiceover.

Anyway:

BF3 for 10 on GG

What do?

I really wanted it when it was new but I fear I'm too far behind to catch up in terms of skill and that it will soon be abandoned for the shamefully soon to be released BF4

What are people's opinions of it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Anyway:

BF3 for 10 on GG

What do?

I really wanted it when it was new but I fear I'm too far behind to catch up in terms of skill and that it will soon be abandoned for the shamefully soon to be released BF4

What are people's opinions of it?
    "Oh, I got killed by some piece of shit speck of dust I couldn't discern from the hillside. Again."

Kind of what I was scared of .___.

Surely I could be one of those specs though? D:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I got it for 5 off amazon around Christmas, it's good but to me they broke its BF2/2142 formula in too many ways.

-No player ran servers, no bots, characters automatically swear pointlessly, everything is grind, essential equipment (flares and on aircraft, landmines, vehicle alt fire) is locked behind grind. Lots of the maps are pretty crap (pretty though).

It's not a crap game despite all that.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I got it for 5 off amazon around Christmas, it's good but to me they broke its BF2/2142 formula in too many ways.

-No player ran servers, no bots, characters automatically swear pointlessly, everything is grind, essential equipment (flares and on aircraft, landmines, vehicle alt fire) is locked behind grind. Lots of the maps are pretty crap (pretty though).

It's not a crap game despite all that.
    If by player run servers you mean no dedicated hardware boxes without going through a third party...then yes there are none of those. On the other hand, almost all PC servers are rented, set up, adminned, and managed by players or clans as they have always been.

No bots, but there is a full fledged singleplayer (granted it is linear, but I thought it was fun) and a quite fun set of Co-Op missions.

As to the grind, I found it to be less of a grind than unlocking weapons in BF2 or 2142. You are right that you have to unlock more important equipment than Bf2, but 2142 had all that stuff locked behind unlocking mechanisms too.

For those interested and miss zigfrak, theres an indiefort bundle in GG: $7.99

http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle

AI War: Fleet Command - Steamworks
    Sanctum - Other DRM
    Zigfrak - DRM Free
    Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader - DRM Free
    Underrail (Alpha) - DRM Free

EDIT: nevermind the above post. Alms already posted it in bundle thread.

I'll just say that Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 is 80%($0.99) off in steam right now.
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 15-04-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Kind of what I was scared of .___.

Surely I could be one of those specs though? D:
    It isn't that bad if you are smart about what servers you play on.

Anything in one of the Close Quarters maps is basically CoD up to 11 (actually more like SWAT 3 without hostages, but I assume you are a young whippersnapper :p).

Most of the original maps are good about making it hard to really torture the other team as a sniper. Between glints on the scopes and killcams, you should be able to handle snipers (hint: RPGs work wonders).

Funny enough, this was why I didn't like Back 2 Karkand since the BF2-style maps really favored sniping and campign.

Also: If you play Rush and have a halfway competent team you are safe. Because the assholes who are camping will just hinder their team while you flank and blow the MCOMs.