Page 405 of 577 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 11523

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
    2142 had all that stuff locked behind unlocking mechanisms too.
    Yeah, unlocking grenades and a dozen other core item is why I never breached 50 hours in 2142, so silly as when I popped on an everything unlocked server it was a fun time (despite the hackers are PB didn't work on those servers at the time).
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    I'm really tempted by that Indie bundle on GG but I just know the pile of never played will get even higher.

Dishonored is now on sale at GMG for $24.99 (58% off). The two DLC don't appear to be on sale however, being $4.99 and $9.99 respectively.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/e...on/dishonored/

Best FPS since Half Life 2.
    Sometimes I write things

Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    Dishonored is now on sale at GMG for $24.99 (58% off). The two DLC don't appear to be on sale however, being $4.99 and $9.99 respectively.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/e...on/dishonored/
    Still more expensive than it was on Steam a few days ago or in GAME now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Still more expensive than it was on Steam a few days ago or in GAME now.
    keep in mind not everyone has the good fortune to live in a country that doesn't get price gouged by steam. The GMG deal was cheaper for some of us.
    So thanks for the heads up on that Thermal Ions.

Steam has given me two 50% off coupons for Duke Nukem 3D. I wonder why that is?

Oh, and Steam also has Antichamber for 50% off. Get iiiiiiittttttt.
    Last edited by LTK; 17-04-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Oh, and Steam also has Antichamber for 50% off. Get iiiiiiittttttt.
    Seconded, it's pretty great. Sure, it made my brain cry, but who even needs that anyway? Right

D&D anthology for 6.78$ on Gamersgate looks like a nice package for someone who is interested in those titles.

It includes: Both Baldure gates, both Icewind dales, Planescape: Torment and temple of elemental evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    D&D anthology for 6.78$ on Gamersgate looks like a nice package for someone who is interested in those titles.

It includes: Both Baldure gates, both Icewind dales, Planescape: Torment and temple of elemental evil.
    A small warning, this bundle downloads in a single ~7GB zip file. They will run on modern windows but you'll want mods to get the best out of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Assasin’s Creed stuff is on sale here, as well as some other things. AssCreed 75% off over weekend, the Thrid 50% off today (I think)

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/newslett...951?aff=ggnews

I’ve never played any of the AssCreed series. Anyone want to convince me to? For all that I recognise the brand I have to admit I don’t really know what you do in them. Assassinate people and jump around I’m guessing? Is it a sandbox approach, or a linear campaign, bit of both?

Now that the Monaco 4-pack is also discounted I'm looking for some folks who are interested in buying a 4-pack. That would be a little over $10 each.
    Also, if anyone has a copy left, I have a gift code of the Starbound 4-pack left, which I could swap for one of Monaco.

Edit:
    Starbound's gone and I joined a group buy on steam for Monaco ($9)

Cheers Michael
    Last edited by Kuschelwampe; 21-04-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A small warning, this bundle downloads in a single ~7GB zip file. They will run on modern windows but you'll want mods to get the best out of them.
    Also a warning that the exchange rate is a bit lumpy - $6.78 is not 5.08 unless currency markets just collapsed?

It's hard to complain tho - there are so many games in that bundle that they must be screaming to get out!

Do I know recall that GG sells GOG's versions of these games anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Also a warning that the exchange rate is a bit lumpy - $6.78 is not 5.08 unless currency markets just collapsed?

It's hard to complain tho - there are so many games in that bundle that they must be screaming to get out!

Do I know recall that GG sells GOG's versions of these games anyway?
    I bought icewind dale 2 from GG and it was the GOG version (uses GOG downloader), but I can't say for the other games in the bundle.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I’ve never played any of the AssCreed series. Anyone want to convince me to? For all that I recognise the brand I have to admit I don’t really know what you do in them. Assassinate people and jump around I’m guessing? Is it a sandbox approach, or a linear campaign, bit of both?
    Assassin's Creed is basically Prince of Persia meets GTA. The first game is still pretty rough with a lot of repetition in both missions in combat. While you do assassinate people, it's no Hitman. Most of your kills are deliberately in the open and not very subtle. There's also lots of stuff to colelct like flags and templar guys but they provide zero in-game benefit so don't bother with that.
    The sequel improves on just about every aspect and is probably the best example as to how a video game sequel should be done.
    They are all fairly long games so it's great value for money.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Assassin's Creed is basically Prince of Persia meets GTA.
    That is a horrific sentence that means about 45 different things.

Honestly? This is painful to say, but skip the first game... I said it, just get Assassins Creed 2(2.99 in the sale) and play it with a 360 pad too. Its a fun game where you run about killing and stealing in various ways, it has some benal things and some moments of genius. But honestly, Ass 2, AssBro and AssRev are all essentially the same game. Just fancy ass expansion packs and for a sale price that's just fine.

Assassins Creed 1 is majestic at times, but you need the patience of a saint when it pulls the Metro-vainia crap and takes away all your equipment only to drip feed it to you later. The later games all steal your equip at one point but never does the equipment come back so slowly as in Ass1, in AssRev it literally is 1 mission before you get all kinds of stuff back including my precious poison darts.

You can freeclimb and murder hobos. It's Prince of Persia meets GTA.
    to wound the autumnal city.

I've never understood the kb+m hate directed towards the AssCreeds. Yes the (unimportant) QTEs are boggled badly, but I always want the camera precision offered by a mouse in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I've never understood the kb+m hate directed towards the AssCreeds. Yes the (unimportant) QTEs are boggled badly, but I always want the camera precision offered by a mouse in these games.
    I could never remember which key did what action, and having a controller's face buttons correspond visually to the UI icons' layout (upper right) helped me out a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Good luck not accidentally jumping off buildings you are climbing.