Page 406 of 544 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 10868

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I could never remember which key did what action, and having a controller's face buttons correspond visually to the UI icons' layout (upper right) helped me out a ton.
    Oh, okay, I can see that. I guess I'm just playing from muscle memory. Adjusting between games is hard, but once I learn, it's usually no problem. Except for QTEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Good luck not accidentally jumping off buildings you are climbing.
    Heard this a lot of times, but can't say I've had much problems with it. Maybe I'm just spectacularly good at AssCreed and also handsome, but the it happens seldom enough for me to value good camera control higher.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    AssCreed series
    The first one has some of the nicest backdrops of the series and it's also the best presentation-wise (the sequels always felt like a step backwards visually). However, the missions are a monotonous and repetitive affair so much so, that you go through the very same procedure, not only in every city, but in every single new district you get access to.

AC2 adds the much needed mission variety as well as some character and humour to the game.

AC:B felt to me like AC2.1 with the blandest setting so far and a lot more boring story-wise. The new features (basically a management mini-game with no strategic element whatsoever, a "hold-down-to-win-instantly" button plus a weird investment mini-game) didn't add much to the formula - well, except bloat.

As the gentlemen above stated, get AC2 or - if you really have a high tolerance for repetitive gameplay - consider the first one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Thanks for all the feedback folks. To use my patented economic food-computer game comparative index Assassin’s Creed 2 will cost me marginally more than a Fray Bentos Pie. A Fray Bentos’ Pie has a cooked life of about half an hour at most when I’m eating it, but it is a sumptuous and stodgy delight for that duration, so AssCreed 2 will need to entertain me solidly for at least as long in order to be fiscally justifiable. I will report back in due course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I've never understood the kb+m hate directed towards the AssCreeds. Yes the (unimportant) QTEs are boggled badly, but I always want the camera precision offered by a mouse in these games.
    >tfw you're sleeping at the wheel and miss the hug Leonardo QTE :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A small warning, this bundle downloads in a single ~7GB zip file. They will run on modern windows but you'll want mods to get the best out of them.
    It's 10Gb - just by way of an update - I'll update on what versions/DRMs are present once it's downloaded in about 90 mins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    This was already posted on the bundles thread, but Mass Effect 2 is BTA (6 USú as of now) on IndieGala. INDIEgala. Mass Effect 2.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    This was already posted on the bundles thread, but Mass Effect 2 is BTA (6 USú as of now) on IndieGala. INDIEgala. Mass Effect 2.
    It's FAR from the first publisher title to be sold in an 'Indie' Bundle - I've no idea why people are palpitating, they make it seem as if it's a bad thing

"Oh I love cheap games but they must be INDIE - I cannot stomach the idea that they were properly done by loads of people on a salary, it's far too untrendy"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Tomb Raider 19.99 and Dead Island GOTY 4.99 at Gamefly. Have played neither.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Tomb Raider 19.99 and Dead Island GOTY 4.99 at Gamefly. Have played neither.
    They're remarkably similar - land on an island and discover your only way off is to KILL EVERY SINGLE THING ON THE ISLAND, apart from your mates, who are picked-off anyway.

The latter game has more bikinis and less whining...

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It's FAR from the first publisher title to be sold in an 'Indie' Bundle - I've no idea why people are palpitating, they make it seem as if it's a bad thing

"Oh I love cheap games but they must be INDIE - I cannot stomach the idea that they were properly done by loads of people on a salary, it's far too untrendy"
    No idea, either. I wonder what people expect when visiting www.cheapgala.com ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    No idea, either. I wonder what people expect when visiting www.cheapgala.com ...
    The Indie part could refer to them and not the products they're selling - I mean they've included TONNES of non-indie stuff in their bundles before!?

or should they have changed their name to satisfy hard-to-please pedants?!?

I suppose Mothercare should have changed it's name to ParentCare before angry fathers demanded equality??

Let's be honest, no-one here can define "Indie" in a way that no-one else will argue with and so it's all kinda moot - I mean I've been demanding Steam provide me with high pressure heated water for eons but all it gives me is games - it's fucking disgusting...

Let's be honest, no-one here can define "Indie" in a way that no-one else will argue with and so it's all kinda moot
    ... but I'm pretty sure, no-one can come up with a definition of "Indie" that covers the Mass Effect franchise, Electronic Arts and BioWare ... ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ... but I'm pretty sure, no-one can come up with a definition of "Indie" that covers the Mass Effect franchise, Electronic Arts and BioWare ... ;)
    But I can come up with one which covers a company who make bundles - isn't that ironic?

Honestly, this is the bargain thread, can we eliminate pedantry from it please?

If someone offered you every game ever made in a bundle but called it the "Indie Super Bundle" would you

a - buy it
    b - moan about it
    c - both ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If someone offered you every game ever made in a bundle but called it the "Indie Super Bundle" would you

a - buy it
    b - moan about it
    c - both ;)
    I'd not buy it because I already had all the games in the bundle.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Honestly, this is the bargain thread, can we eliminate pedantry from it please?
    Maybe you could stop calling everyone a pedant who shows a bit of healthy skepticism towards such practices? How does that add value to the discussion?

a - buy it
    b - moan about it
    c - both ;)
    If someone offered you rat poison but called it "funny looking sweets" would you apply the same logic?

Yeah, okay, it's a stupid analogy. Mass Effect is no rat poison but you got to admit, those bundles do look funny.

I don't want to get into "the definition of the word Indie" territory so I'm gonna leave it at that.

Speaking of Mass Effect, 2 and 3 are on Gamefly for ú3.75. Kinda bad timing on 2, but it's the cheapest I've seen 3, I think.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga...e#.UXD1gLWSJ8E

EDIT: Oh, and Dragon Ages, Grid 2 and Binfinite.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Kinda bad timing on 2, but it's the cheapest I've seen 3, I think.
    I think you may be right ...

Just for clarification: Does GF give you an activation key right away or are you required to install their client?

Edit: It's the former.
    Last edited by TechnoJellyfish; 19-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Oh, Jesus. Battlefield 3 is HKD39 valid today. USD1=HKD7.8, so it's approximately USD5, almost a gift. Download only but all versions of PC port require Origin anyway.

But look at the deal carefully, this software is without any DLC. You can't fool me, EA.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Maybe you could stop calling everyone a pedant who shows a bit of healthy skepticism towards such practices? How does that add value to the discussion?
    What practice, exactly, is making you so skeptical?

A company (called Indie Gala) is offering a bundle (called Mass Effect Bundle) which contains a game called Mass Effect.

Your problem is that their company name implies they offer only 'indie' games - but they're actually selling "rat poison" somehow - WHAT!?

Valve don't sell Valves, Electronic Arts don't produce Art (by most people's definition, anyway) and Spicy Horse wouldn't offer me any Findus Lasagne - I'm OUTRAGED.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's something going-on with Origin on some countries and it's rumoured to be going everywhere later today - deals for muliple games (including BF3 in most cases) for silly money.

The US got it yesterday and then it disappeared - and reappeared - and it's been seen on some other Origin Stores too

If it appears for you it will be in the "Today's Deals" popup thing in the Origin client - you might want to keep an eye - you can re-show that from the menu if it doesn't pop-up.