Page 407 of 587 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 11721

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    There's something going-on with Origin
    How silly are we talking? If Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 come up for under £10 I might have to bite. I wonder if this is related to Origin for Mac? Also, since when do EA have any Mac games? Oh right, it's just The Sims and third party releases. That would explain why I've never, ever heard of an EA game for Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Speaking of Mass Effect, 2 and 3 are on Gamefly for £3.75. Kinda bad timing on 2, but it's the cheapest I've seen 3, I think.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga...e#.UXD1gLWSJ8E

EDIT: Oh, and Dragon Ages, Grid 2 and Binfinite.
    Just got ME3 here. Thanks a lot. ^^

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    What practice, exactly, is making you so skeptical?

A company (called Indie Gala) is offering a bundle (called Mass Effect Bundle) which contains a game called Mass Effect.

Your problem is that their company name implies they offer only 'indie' games - but they're actually selling "rat poison" somehow - WHAT!?

Valve don't sell Valves, Electronic Arts don't produce Art (by most people's definition, anyway) and Spicy Horse wouldn't offer me any Findus Lasagne - I'm OUTRAGED.
    Look, nobody said: "Boooh, this is bad, don't buy that shit." Personally, I neither have a problem with Indie Gala nor with the games on offer.

The reaction of most people was something along the lines of: "Huh, this is weird." Because, well, it is. It is the equivalent of a world shop suddenly selling Ferraris.

I'm going to stop now because I suck at analogies and this is going nowhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    How silly are we talking? If Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 come up for under £10 I might have to bite. I wonder if this is related to Origin for Mac? Also, since when do EA have any Mac games? Oh right, it's just The Sims and third party releases. That would explain why I've never, ever heard of an EA game for Mac.
    The specific deal the US got was NFS:HP, BF3 and MOH for $10 - some other countries have just had BF3 for $5 but it's clearly a trap as it's the DLC free basic version so they're just trying to bring in more Origin users? :)

Ah, bollocks to it then. I've already got the first two and if that's MOH Warfighter they can shove that right up their Origin. And I have MOH 2010 already.

Thanks though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    I want NFS:HP. Come to me, sale.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Just got ME3 here. Thanks a lot. ^^
    WTF, they've gone up to £4.99 now

Edit: oops wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPooh View Post
    WTF, they've gone up to £4.99 now
    At the time of writing, it's at £7.99 ... Oo

It's almost like we're talking GamersGate here. Makes me all the more glad I got it for £3.75, then. Thanks, Fanbuoy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Happy to be of service!

It is indeed a bit weird, but it doesn't reach GG levels of confusion. It could be some sort of "prices increase, so check in often" strategy, perhaps? I kind of like the idea of that sort of thing. A while ago, a (bed?) company here in Sweden had an anti-sale, urging people to buy their beds before they increase prices. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    A while ago, a (bed?) company here in Sweden had an anti-sale, urging people to buy their beds before they increase prices. Loved it!
    Did it work?

Also I'm sorry to say there was a discount code for Mass Effect 3, but it only lopped 75p off the price so it's no big deal I hope. I got it for £3, which I thought must've been a pricing error, glad I did now. Many thanks to Lewie P for that one.

I suppose now the price has gone up the discount code will be more useful: GFDAPR20UK. Worked this morning anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Radian Games did an anti-sale - buy now before the price rise and all that - and he wrote some interesting stuff about the effect of it but his updated site doesn't have the old articles, sadly.

I know that there's a "halo period" after most sales when people continue to buy items even tho they're back to full price - the effect of their friends buying them or just choosing to get them anyway keeps sales up a little longer so maybe they're tapping into that?

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    At the time of writing, it's at £7.99 ... Oo

It's almost like we're talking GamersGate here. Makes me all the more glad I got it for £3.75, then. Thanks, Fanbuoy!
    Hey be thankful. It's been listed as $49.99 all along here although given it's rather irrelevant as they won't sell it in my region anyway. It's crazy the number of times I've wanted to give money to Gamefly and they just don't want to take it.
    Last edited by Thermal Ions; 20-04-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I really don't understand what the hell is EA thinking. They offer BF3 as if it is a gift, yet it is without DLC. The complete package of BF3 still does not have any discount (just a normal price drop, which is just a process of depreciation, absolutely no discount). If they want to draw in more new players, why don't they offer something like starter kit (I would recommend Metro and Caspian Border, debugged version of course) for us to try out. I don't know how much USD5 from each player means to EA's profitability, yet the price tag create quite a negative image for EA. If you want to have the full-game, you still have to pay full.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Did it work?
    I'm not sure. I didn't have access to any marketing publications at the time, and it's unlikely that it would have been picked up by anyone else. IIRC, it was Hästens, which is pretty much the premier bed manufacturer in Sweden. I think a differential advantage of that calibre is probably necessary for the tactic to have a chance of success. If a company with a rather standard product tried it, people would probably just say "Okay, I'll just buy from generobrand X instead."

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I really don't understand what the hell is EA thinking. They offer BF3 as if it is a gift, yet it is without DLC. The complete package of BF3 still does not have any discount (just a normal price drop, which is just a process of depreciation, absolutely no discount).
    The Premium service as well as the Premium Edition were on sale for 50 % off on Origin about 4 weeks ago.

Picked up Assassin's Creed 2 from Gamersgate, so thanks to the folks who suggested it.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Far Cry 3 for 40% off as a flash sale on Steam. That was quick.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Far Cry 3 for 40% off as a flash sale on Steam. That was quick.
    I remember when most AA games released at £17.99 (on play.com et al's tax dodge)
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Funny you should say that. It's cheaper on play.com right now - €23 versus Steam's discounted €30. It's still a bargain in Steam's standards, though some additional research would have been in order.