Page 409 of 585 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 11694

Thread: PC Bargains

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga...cid=esuk042313

Gamefly has all Elder Scrolls games 50% off, including the Skyrim DLC (I'm sure base game, Oblivion and Morrowind have been cheaper before though)
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not sure if this counts as a 'bargain' but if you use Raptr and you play Rift (even the free version) you could score a free copy of the game+expansion and a month's subs (that's over 40 even at sale prices!?)

If you already have over 13 hours clocked in Rift via Raptr, you can cash in immediately

Note: you must have had Raptr running when playing Rift OR played Rift from Steam (as it picks-up played time from that) - it does NOT pickup ingame hours any other way...

I qualified for this earlier today - it's just a game code so you can share it if you like but I used mine because - well - I'm kinda enjoying it! ;)
    Last edited by trjp; 24-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I'm not sure if this counts as a 'bargain' but if you use Raptr and you play Rift (even the free version) you could score a free copy of the game+expansion and a month's subs (that's over 40 even at sale prices!?)

If you already have over 13 hours clocked in Rift via Raptr, you can cash in immediately

Note: you must have had Raptr running when playing Rift OR played Rift from Steam (as it picks-up played time from that) - it does NOT pickup ingame hours any other way...

I qualified for this earlier today - it's just a game code so you can share it if you like but I used mine because - well - I'm kinda enjoying it! ;)
    You don't have to be actually playing Rift for it to count, the game just has to be running, so if you have to go out for food, leave yourself logged in, you'll be kick for AFK, but it will track the time until you come back and exit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    You don't have to be actually playing Rift for it to count, the game just has to be running, so if you have to go out for food, leave yourself logged in, you'll be kick for AFK, but it will track the time until you come back and exit.
    I would NEVER have done that - I wouldn't know that it's not enough just to run the launcher and that you have to be on the character select screen (even if you're disconnected by a timeout) - I'd never consider doing that all night

Not me no - disgusting idea.

Still 2500 left - it's about 13 hours of play to get it ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Anyone interested in grabbing a monaco 4 pack in the last minute? 10$ per person, deal ends in ~1h
    http://www.pocketwatchgames.com/Monaco/

Edit: and it's gone!
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 24-04-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Can anyone clarify what the rules are on the "elder geek" coupons on Gamersgate? Is it single use only, forever, or is it a certain number of uses per quarter, or what? I'm probably going to pick up a couple of things in the sale, but they're not *that* expensive, so if it's a big deal I'll save it for a large-ish purchase sometime.

Cheers!
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Can anyone clarify what the rules are on the "elder geek" coupons on Gamersgate? Is it single use only, forever, or is it a certain number of uses per quarter, or what? I'm probably going to pick up a couple of things in the sale, but they're not *that* expensive, so if it's a big deal I'll save it for a large-ish purchase sometime.

Cheers!
    It only applies to the cheapest article in your basket. That's it.

OK, thank you.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Anyone interested in grabbing a monaco 4 pack in the last minute? 10$ per person, deal ends in ~1h
    http://www.pocketwatchgames.com/Monaco/

Edit: and it's gone!
    Awww fudge. I wanted one of those and then forgot about it. But nice to see/read you again, Wolfenswan.

Two Worlds 2 Complete is on sale at GOG for $10, so no more of their nonsense "ask a forum moderator for activation revocation" DRM.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/two_worlds_2_epic_edition

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Two Worlds 2 Complete is on sale at GOG for $10, so no more of their nonsense "ask a forum moderator for activation revocation" DRM.

Yup, it's worth $10 just to get rid of that god-awful DRM/registration monstrosity, sad as that is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post

Haha! Holding out all this time has paid off. In your face Steam and GG sales!

I would NEVER have done that - I wouldn't know that it's not enough just to run the launcher and that you have to be on the character select screen (even if you're disconnected by a timeout) - I'd never consider doing that all night

Not me no - disgusting idea.

Still 2500 left - it's about 13 hours of play to get it ;)
    As of now it's around 1900 keys left, so I'd advise anyone interested to avoid procrastinating too much. It'll probably run out of keys Saturday if not earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I actually got burnt twice on this game. First was buying it in a Steam sale before researching the DRM ($7 to learn that lesson). Then, just this past weekend I imported the Velvet PS3 version, damned thing hasn't even arrived yet. Oh we'll, I'll just play that and be done with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    In fairness I got the Velvet Edition for 4 and having to enter 1 serial code and a fake name/address/disposable email address wasn't exactly a massive challenge.

Worst part was that it picks-up the XBOX controller and makes you use that to navigate the form - which is bonkers - but I'd not pay money to avoid having to do that...

Now - the Kohan games are cheap on Steam this week (3.74 for the lot) - talk to me about them...

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar

Now - the Kohan games are cheap on Steam this week (3.74 for the lot) - talk to me about them...
    Proto-Relic RTS awesomeness with a unique fantasy flavor. Highly recommended for a different twist on the standard RTS formula and/or if you enjoy CoH/DoW-style RTS.

Also listen to the Three Moves Ahead podcast for more general gushing on Kohan.
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    As of now it's around 1900 keys left, so I'd advise anyone interested to avoid procrastinating too much. It'll probably run out of keys Saturday if not earlier.
    PSA #1: apparently more keys were added, now it's around 3700.

PSA #2: the site says "The 30-days of complimentary game time is only applicable to new RIFT subscribers", but that's not true - I applied the code to get the expansion on my original account and I received the 30 days as well.

PSA #3: you can get a special accessory that gives bonus experience in the game by accepting an invitation from an existing player. This works even after you've created your free account. This is my invitation link, if you feel so inclined.

Network Hub
    Worst part was that it picks-up the XBOX controller and makes you use that to navigate the form - which is bonkers - but I'd not pay money to avoid having to do that...

There is an ini. setting that means you only have to use the controller right at the start to select preferred control scheme, I'm afraid I can't remember exactly what it was but it's in there somewhere.
    Last edited by goatmonkey; 26-04-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Unity of Command pack on GG at 75 % off (or 80 if you have the compensation discount). That's 51 SEK/5 for me. It says "Other DRM", which bothers me a bit, but I'll bite anyway.

http://se.gamersgate.com/DD-UNITYPAC...nd-pack-bundle

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Unity of Command pack on GG at 75 % off
    According to the comments by Bhazor here
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...cent-proposal/
    It may be removed from Steam and Gamersgate, so this may be the cheapest the game is for a very long time.