Page 412 of 602 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 12033

Thread: PC Bargains

  1. #8221
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It'll be a missprice - cheapest UK price on that is over 100 - I'm suspecting no-one will get one of those...
    You're probably right...Giving it a try anyway though. :D

  2. #8222
    Network Hub Blackice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Eastleigh, UK
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Davkaus View Post
    You're probably right...Giving it a try anyway though. :D
    Insight are always doing this! They must employ some right muppets. Our work uses them for some reason, so I find out about the mistakes. Sadly you won't get anything, they have the standard "we can get out of this right up to the point we take payment" clause in their T&Cs.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

  3. #8223
    Network Hub JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    They're currently sold out, but are attempting to get more keys before the sale expires.
    It's back!

  4. #8224
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,552
    For the full price of Free, you can get:

    Rockstar Classics - GTA, GTA2, Wild Metal (which are 'optimised for modern PCs'). You'll have to sign-up for the mailing list.

    The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall (both playable through a DOS emulator).

    (I don't know how recently both of these were made available, but I just noticed it now on Reddit and thought it was worth sharing.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  5. #8225
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,418
    There's 50 % off Cyanide stuff at Gamersgate-Blood Bowls, Game of Thrones RPG, Orcs and Men. I'm tempted to give GOT a go one day, just not anytime soon cos I got other shit to do. I can overlook stitled combat for a good story, given that's basically every RPG ever except one or two.

  6. #8226
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    550
    The Mafia II Complete Pack is on sale for 8.57/6.50/$11.65 (and possibly even less with the 20 % voucher: GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA) on Green Man Gaming.

    I don't think I've ever seen it on sale with all the DLC bundled (Steam doesn't even sell a 'Complete Pack') and considering the fact that the game itself as well as the individual DLCs are quite pricy, this seems a rather good deal.

    Do the DLCs add anything of value or should I just go for the base game when it hits the (inevitable) 5 mark?

  7. #8227
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    The Mafia II Complete Pack is on sale for 8.57/6.50/$11.65 (and possibly even less with the 20 % voucher: GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA) on Green Man Gaming.

    I don't think I've ever seen it on sale with all the DLC bundled (Steam doesn't even sell a 'Complete Pack') and considering the fact that the game itself as well as the individual DLCs are quite pricy, this seems a rather good deal.

    Do the DLCs add anything of value or should I just go for the base game when it hits the (inevitable) 5 mark?
    Mafia II is excellent and well worth that, I would have been happy had I paid full price. It's not GTA though, it's sandbox element is just there to add narrative context and plausibility to a tightly controlled and very well written plot, nothing more. It works very well to that end but poorly as a sandbox, which is just how it should be. The mechanics are great-you wont find better cover shooting in any game, although its limited in terms of how much you get to do- and when all the pieces are humming together, which is fairly often, it is incredibly impressive.

    The DLC makes the sandbox a bit bigger so is really not playing to the games strengths but its fun if you want an excuse to do abit more in the city. The production values are superb and so parousing the city for a bit listening to the soundtrack is plenty engaging.

  8. #8228
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    The Mafia II Complete Pack is on sale for 8.57/6.50/$11.65 (and possibly even less with the 20 % voucher: GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA) on Green Man Gaming.
    Addendum: The voucher is indeed applicable to this offer which brings the actual price down to 6.86/5.20/$9.32 (the lowest the base game has been on Steam is 7.49/4.99/$7.49).

  9. #8229
    Lesser Hivemind Node Kodeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    For the full price of Free, you can get:

    Rockstar Classics - GTA, GTA2, Wild Metal (which are 'optimised for modern PCs'). You'll have to sign-up for the mailing list.

    The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall (both playable through a DOS emulator).

    (I don't know how recently both of these were made available, but I just noticed it now on Reddit and thought it was worth sharing.
    It's been a little while. In fact, for the Elder Scrolls games you can get near GOG-ified versions at http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/..._ArenaSetup_EN and http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/...erfallSetup_EN

  10. #8230
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    For the full price of Free, you can get:

    Rockstar Classics - GTA, GTA2, Wild Metal (which are 'optimised for modern PCs'). You'll have to sign-up for the mailing list.
    That's kind of creepy, I'm sure these have all been available for quite some time but it was just yesterday that I thought to check them out (for Wild Metal, as I already own both GTAs). Are you watching me? Or maybe I'm watching you?

    Might be worth pointing out that if you can get your hands on GTA London 1969 you can make it work with GTA for Windows 7, and the 1961 mod is still around on Rockstar's own site. Granted, they're not exactly amazing or even as good as the original GTA, but they're still available. The process is a little convoluted too but it doesn't take long to work out.

  11. #8231
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    That's kind of creepy, I'm sure these have all been available for quite some time but it was just yesterday that I thought to check them out (for Wild Metal, as I already own both GTAs). Are you watching me? Or maybe I'm watching you?
    Yes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    It's been a little while. In fact, for the Elder Scrolls games you can get near GOG-ified versions at http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/..._ArenaSetup_EN and http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/...erfallSetup_EN
    Ah well. Like I said, just noticed and thought it was worth sharing, but cool that they're available and in a good state too.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

  12. #8232
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,393
    Thanks for sharing that about GTA and GTA2. It's annoyed me for ages that you can't get them on steam without buying a bundle, a bundle of which I already owned everything bloody else.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

    Steam ID

  13. #8233
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Mafia II is excellent [...]
    Thanks, sonson, bought it!

  14. #8234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,543
    Dead Rising 2 and DR2: OTR (and SSFIV) are 75% off at gamefly (UK at least)

    http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga...3#.UX7QIrWsh8E

    BUT

    I doesn't say Steam and so may be their own DRM - and after the issues I (and others) had with former D2D games, I'm not sure I want to recommend that

    I'd probably wait for a similar sale either sans-client or Steam or whatever - but YMMV

    p.s. confirmed that they require the Gamefly client and they're all GFWL so need that too
    Last edited by trjp; 29-04-2013 at 08:59 PM.

  15. #8235
    Hum... Is Vikings - Battle for Asgard worth 3.24€? It's Steam's daily deal.

  16. #8236
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Mafia II is excellent and well worth that, I would have been happy had I paid full price. It's not GTA though, it's sandbox element is just there to add narrative context and plausibility to a tightly controlled and very well written plot, nothing more. It works very well to that end but poorly as a sandbox, which is just how it should be. The mechanics are great-you wont find better cover shooting in any game, although its limited in terms of how much you get to do- and when all the pieces are humming together, which is fairly often, it is incredibly impressive.

    The DLC makes the sandbox a bit bigger so is really not playing to the games strengths but its fun if you want an excuse to do abit more in the city. The production values are superb and so parousing the city for a bit listening to the soundtrack is plenty engaging.
    I got it with Far Cry 3 but never managed to play it after the point where you go back to city after the war. It keeps crashing on me while you re riding the car with your friend who picked you up and is explaining what's going on with the Mafia in the city. Anyone know of any possible solution??

  17. #8237
    There are suddenly a lot of things on sale for 50%-75% off on Steam, with no obvious connection. Cave Story, Stealth Bastard, Snapshot, Kohan, Sol Survivor, Section 8... and quite a few more.

  18. #8238
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,365
    Sol Survivor is catatonically dull, and I like tower defenses..

  19. #8239
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    There are suddenly a lot of things on sale for 50%-75% off on Steam, with no obvious connection. Cave Story, Stealth Bastard, Snapshot, Kohan, Sol Survivor, Section 8... and quite a few more.
    Most of 'em are part of Steam's Week Long Deals, apparently.

  20. #8240
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,649
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Most of 'em are part of Steam's Week Long Deals, apparently.
    I just realised there's a connection between that Nikopol game and the weirdest shit ever made.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •