Page 412 of 602 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 12033

Thread: PC Bargains

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    It'll be a missprice - cheapest UK price on that is over 100 - I'm suspecting no-one will get one of those...
    You're probably right...Giving it a try anyway though. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Davkaus View Post
    You're probably right...Giving it a try anyway though. :D
    Insight are always doing this! They must employ some right muppets. Our work uses them for some reason, so I find out about the mistakes. Sadly you won't get anything, they have the standard "we can get out of this right up to the point we take payment" clause in their T&Cs.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    They're currently sold out, but are attempting to get more keys before the sale expires.
    It's back!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    For the full price of Free, you can get:

Rockstar Classics - GTA, GTA2, Wild Metal (which are 'optimised for modern PCs'). You'll have to sign-up for the mailing list.

The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall (both playable through a DOS emulator).

(I don't know how recently both of these were made available, but I just noticed it now on Reddit and thought it was worth sharing.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    There's 50 % off Cyanide stuff at Gamersgate-Blood Bowls, Game of Thrones RPG, Orcs and Men. I'm tempted to give GOT a go one day, just not anytime soon cos I got other shit to do. I can overlook stitled combat for a good story, given that's basically every RPG ever except one or two.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    The Mafia II Complete Pack is on sale for 8.57/6.50/$11.65 (and possibly even less with the 20 % voucher: GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA) on Green Man Gaming.

I don't think I've ever seen it on sale with all the DLC bundled (Steam doesn't even sell a 'Complete Pack') and considering the fact that the game itself as well as the individual DLCs are quite pricy, this seems a rather good deal.

Do the DLCs add anything of value or should I just go for the base game when it hits the (inevitable) 5 mark?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    The Mafia II Complete Pack is on sale for 8.57/6.50/$11.65 (and possibly even less with the 20 % voucher: GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA) on Green Man Gaming.

I don't think I've ever seen it on sale with all the DLC bundled (Steam doesn't even sell a 'Complete Pack') and considering the fact that the game itself as well as the individual DLCs are quite pricy, this seems a rather good deal.

Do the DLCs add anything of value or should I just go for the base game when it hits the (inevitable) 5 mark?
    Mafia II is excellent and well worth that, I would have been happy had I paid full price. It's not GTA though, it's sandbox element is just there to add narrative context and plausibility to a tightly controlled and very well written plot, nothing more. It works very well to that end but poorly as a sandbox, which is just how it should be. The mechanics are great-you wont find better cover shooting in any game, although its limited in terms of how much you get to do- and when all the pieces are humming together, which is fairly often, it is incredibly impressive.

The DLC makes the sandbox a bit bigger so is really not playing to the games strengths but its fun if you want an excuse to do abit more in the city. The production values are superb and so parousing the city for a bit listening to the soundtrack is plenty engaging.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Addendum: The voucher is indeed applicable to this offer which brings the actual price down to 6.86/5.20/$9.32 (the lowest the base game has been on Steam is 7.49/4.99/$7.49).

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

Rockstar Classics - GTA, GTA2, Wild Metal (which are 'optimised for modern PCs'). You'll have to sign-up for the mailing list.

The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall (both playable through a DOS emulator).

(I don't know how recently both of these were made available, but I just noticed it now on Reddit and thought it was worth sharing.
    It's been a little while. In fact, for the Elder Scrolls games you can get near GOG-ified versions at http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/..._ArenaSetup_EN and http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/...erfallSetup_EN

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

That's kind of creepy, I'm sure these have all been available for quite some time but it was just yesterday that I thought to check them out (for Wild Metal, as I already own both GTAs). Are you watching me? Or maybe I'm watching you?

Might be worth pointing out that if you can get your hands on GTA London 1969 you can make it work with GTA for Windows 7, and the 1961 mod is still around on Rockstar's own site. Granted, they're not exactly amazing or even as good as the original GTA, but they're still available. The process is a little convoluted too but it doesn't take long to work out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    That's kind of creepy, I'm sure these have all been available for quite some time but it was just yesterday that I thought to check them out (for Wild Metal, as I already own both GTAs). Are you watching me? Or maybe I'm watching you?
    Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    It's been a little while. In fact, for the Elder Scrolls games you can get near GOG-ified versions at http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/..._ArenaSetup_EN and http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/...erfallSetup_EN
    Ah well. Like I said, just noticed and thought it was worth sharing, but cool that they're available and in a good state too.