Page 413 of 589 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 11772

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I just realised there's a connection between that Nikopol game and the weirdest shit ever made.
    Oh damn. A friend of mine tried to talk me into watching Immortel some time ago ... and now I want to! :X

Looks cool in a bad way. Or maybe it looks bad in a cool way. Has anyone played Nikopol?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I just realised there's a connection between that Nikopol game and the weirdest shit ever made.
    I watched this weird shit a few years ago, even liked it IIRC. Must take a look at this game now.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Has anyone played Nikopol?
    I've posted this comment about it:

Adventuregamers.com is almost spot on in highlighting all of its flaws. I'll add that navigating around the environment was a very confusing and frustrating affair - I only finished it just to see how the story went about and relying heavily on a strategy guide.
    As a game, it's a failure, and I remember reading on RPS the art style is (unexplicably?) different enough from that of the comics, but it's short: you could give it a spin and not feel like you totally wasted your time.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    As a game, it's a failure, and I remember reading on RPS the art style is (unexplicably?) different enough from that of the comics, but it's short: you could give it a spin and not feel like you totally wasted your time.
    Ah, that doesn't sound like it's for me, then. At all.

It looked very interesting, though, judging from the screenshots and a quick research on Bilal's other work. Oh well. But I'm definitely gonna try to get my hands on that movie.

Network Hub
    There's the Dirt's on sale on steam... anybody can recommend which one to buy (if any)?

FC3: Blood dragon is available at GMG for 10.20$ with voucher GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    There's the Dirt's on sale on steam... anybody can recommend which one to buy (if any)?
    Dirt 2 has *some* rally, showdown is free of gfwl (apparently). Didn't like what I played of 3.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Dirt 2 has *some* rally, showdown is free of gfwl (apparently). Didn't like what I played of 3.
    Dirt3 has GFWL, which is the only way to buy the DLC, which is overpriced and/or not available in all areas of the world. Dirt2 is a better rally game.

One advantage Dirt3 has is that you can actually ignore the gymkhana stuff (except the very first event) and still complete career mode. I seem to remember that wasn't the case on Dirt2.
    Last edited by Faldrath; 01-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    @Helio relly?

I found Dirt 3 to a better mix of rallying than 2 was.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    @Helio relly?

I found Dirt 3 to a better mix of rallying than 2 was.
    I only really put many hours into 2, and that I felt lived too deeply in GRID's shadow. In 3 the tracks felt often curiously narrow. Tbh, I'd love another company to offer some superior real-ish racing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Showdown is a Flatout-style game and a pretty dull one at that.

Dirt 2 is the king of off-road racers by far - the rallycross stuff is particularly brilliant with great courses. If you want trad. "kagoule and sarnies" rallying, you need Dirt 1.

Dirt 3 was Dirt 2 with DLC pissed all over it to spoil it - the Gymkhana is fun for a short burst but the DLC really does ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    FC3: Blood dragon is available at GMG for 10.20$ with voucher GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA.
    For those in Australia where Ubisoft are apparently emulating EA by not letting GMG sell to us, GetGames still has it for $12.74.

http://getgamesgo.com/product/far-cry-3-blood-dragon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There's a Steam daily on all things (Heroes of) Might and Magic - Heroes 6 isn't particularly cheap (£8 base, £12 Gold) but Clash of Heroes is just £2 (+50p if you want the DLC) and Heroes V is £3.74 with both it's DLCs

Those are record low prices for those games I think - certainly they're cheap!

Clash is WELL WELL WELL worth that price.
    Last edited by trjp; 02-05-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Obscure Node
    Does Heroes 6 still have the incredibly annoying DRM? Uplay account, constant internet connection required, etc. I gave it a miss when it first came out despite having owned and loved all the previous games, did they eventually see sense?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Retrovirus for £7.50; are the RPS thumbs of general consensus up, down or around?

Obscure Node
    Oh dear, never mind on HOMM 6. It seems the uhm talented and competent fellows at Ubisoft have had a little boo-boo. The patch they released yesterday accidentally stopped a newly purchased steam key being recognised on the Ubisoft servers and making the game impossible to activate. The thread in the steam forums of aggrieved users complaining is currently at 13 pages and growing fast.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    re: Heroes 6, there's apparently a massive issue with recent GPUs which this patch was promised to fix - you'd guess they'd HAVE to have fixed it in the new expandalone and this patch was to do the same with the original game.

When I say recent I mean any Radeon 7xxx or Geforce 6xx and several other models - see the list of supported cards for the game (it's quite detailed), if your card isn't on there, odds are the game will crash or behave badly (and yes, that includes a LOT of cards).

This has been going-on for months apparently - with no fix appearing and people getting very, very pissed-off.

See also Trials, which remains technically awful many weeks after it was released.

and don't start me on UBI's support - I have a ticket with them re: missing UPlay rewards which is 3 months old and they've still not fixed it but they have nagged me for repeated 'hardware scans' and other nonsense which is nothing to do with the problem.

I'd say the Ubi's utter contempt for their customers is better shown in this than it is in DRM and other distractions.

p.s. this thread suggests it's possible to play HOMM6 offline with some not-too-bad limitations

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...VI-DRM-Changed

But the UPlay servers are currently down and loads of people are saying they can't play at all so I've no idea.
    Last edited by trjp; 03-05-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Obscure Node
    Yeah it looks like waiting for the Gog games edition a few years from now is the hypothetical way to go on this one. Shame, like I

said i bought and loved all of them from Heroes 2 onwards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deptfordx View Post
    Yeah it looks like waiting for the Gog games edition a few years from now is the hypothetical way to go on this one. Shame, like I

said i bought and loved all of them from Heroes 2 onwards.
    I've a feeling that 'DRM free' versions of this gen Uni games will never happen - dismantling the UPlay nonsense will probably be more work than anyone cares to do for the likely reward.

Tis a shame - I'm just hoping all the work they're having to do will teach them a lesson.

Certainly, buying UPlay games through Steam isn't wise anyway - unless you want a launcher with a launcher - and HOMM6 was cheaper on Gamersgate yesterday anyway so it will be cheaper elsewhere another time.

I honestly advise everybody to not buy HoMM6. It's not a very good game. It has terrible DRM. It runs like shit. If you want a proper HoMM, go to GOG or wherever and get HoMM2-4.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.