Page 419 of 585 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 11699

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Same, but I remember people as recently as last weekend claiming otherwise.
    This is Internet. When you ask a question which is firmly based on hard reality and where there can possibly exist only one answer, you will get at least three different answers which all rule each other out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Same, but I remember people as recently as last weekend claiming otherwise.
    It is my experience that both are now required. I used to have a workaround with one click purchase settings that allowed me to use both a UK credit card AND address, that no longer works and neither does my US billing address either.

Activated Node
    I just made a purchase there (Amazon.com) with no real problem. At first it denied me saying "US customers only, foo" or words to that effect, but the site had auto-entered my real, Irish address. I just click-changed it to my Alaskan summer residence, ahem... and bingo!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    No problems for me. I had to enter my credit card info again, but everything worked just fine. Bought Lego LotR, Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed (who came up with that title?) and Dark Souls for a grand total of $22.50. Yay me!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've run into issues on Amazon US in the past - sometimes you just need to reselect your address, other times it just won't let you buy certain games.

It wouldn't, for example, let me get Dark Souls but I've bought other games since - so I'm guessing the answer is 'depends' and 'tinker with it quite a bit'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    No problems for me. I had to enter my credit card info again, but everything worked just fine. Bought Lego LotR, Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed (who came up with that title?) and Dark Souls for a grand total of $22.50. Yay me!
    Good choice on Lego LOTR. I bought that for about a tenner before from Amazon just after I finished TaleTells TWD and was in dire need of something that wasn't soulcrushing.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Activated Node
    Add me to the list of people who bought games from Amazon. I Even bought games that are not available in the local Steam store. On a similar subject, did anyone ever have problems with giving keys bought on Amazon?

http://www.16bitarena.com/buy.html

Free on all portals until the 31st.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'd just like to say I bought Dark Souls from Amazon US this evening so it definitely still works from the UK. And of the four things I've bought from there (WRC 3, AssRev, Scribblenauts and now Dark Souls) I've not once had a problem with Amazon or their keys.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    On a similar subject, did anyone ever have problems with giving keys bought on Amazon?
    ???

I recently gave away a steam key for h:a and there were no issues. Not that I tried to download the game from amazon and install it. Is this what you mean?
    Last edited by baby snot; 17-05-2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: redacted

Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    http://www.16bitarena.com/buy.html

Free on all portals until the 31st.
    But what is it?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    I recently gave away a steam key for h:a and there were no issues. Not that I tried to download the game from amazon and install it. Is this what you mean?
    Yes, that's what I mean. But by "problems", I mean removing games from Steam accounts, or blocking access to the Amazon account (I know that Amazon blocked, and later removed the block, access to e-books bought from a different country).
    Specifically, I bought a pack, used some give, and want to give the others.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've smuggled games from Amazon US to people before and they've never had any problems and I've never had any problems.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Yes, that's what I mean. But by "problems", I mean removing games from Steam accounts, or blocking access to the Amazon account (I know that Amazon blocked, and later removed the block, access to e-books bought from a different country).
    Specifically, I bought a pack, used some give, and want to give the others.
    Hypothetically removing those games from your Amazon account is possible and doable, regardless of shit stirred. After all, it's their own store. But un-redeeming Steam keys would be qualitatively a whole other level of clusterfuckery that I just don't think is possible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    GOG is having a pretty massive Ubisoft sale (sans DRM, as always). Of particular note are Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and 5 (the two best in the series, IMO), Far Cry 2, both Imperialism titles, the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, and Settlers 2 10th anniversary (just for you Helio) all for 50% off. There are plenty of other titles in that list, too.

http://www.gog.com/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_170513

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    On a similar subject, did anyone ever have problems with giving keys bought on Amazon?
    No.
    Always do a bit of research before buying because some keys (like Inversion) are US-only.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    No.
    Always do a bit of research before buying because some keys (like Inversion) are US-only.
    Be cautious of Origin titles in particular - they seem to have a few region-locks

Dead Island is also region-locked IIRC?

Activated Node
    Just to chime in on Amazon US difficulties: I bought Dark Souls from there a bit ago and the key wouldn't register on Steam due to it being the wrong region. I live in Japan and it's not available in the local Steam store so I'm guessing that's relevant.

Luckily enough I had a trip planned to the US a few weeks later and it registered fine then :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Yeah the Japan Steam store is... finicky.
    A lot of the time companies get in touch with Steam to release a Japanese game on their service, the publishing company does NOT have the rights to publish within Japan, which ironically makes the game unavailable on it's country of origin.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    GOG is having a pretty massive Ubisoft sale [...] Settlers 2 10th Anniversary (just for you Helio)
    http://www.gog.com/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_170513
    Eff yeah. It's a better strategy remake than Starcraft 2 without any hyperbole.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/