Page 423 of 544 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523 ... LastLast
Results 8,441 to 8,460 of 10869

Thread: PC Bargains

This looks cool : http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Two PC games to choose in a list for 8€.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Most ardent sale followers probably have most of get loaded go but be sure to check if you are missing any, all are steam.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 24-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Is there anything good to be said about Binary Domain these days? I remember it seemed pretty terrible on day one. I'm thinking that and either The Cave (though I already have it on my PS3), that Worms game there (if it's any good? I'm guessing it's probably not) or Duke Nukem 3D. I already have everything else I'm interested in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Is there anything good to be said about Binary Domain these days? I remember it seemed pretty terrible on day one. I'm thinking that and either The Cave (though I already have it on my PS3), that Worms game there (if it's any good? I'm guessing it's probably not) or Duke Nukem 3D. I already have everything else I'm interested in.
    I am currently playing through it and it's pretty good! Fairly standard TPS but plonking off different parts of the robots is very much a good time and the bosses are actually pretty fun.

I didn't like Binary Domain at all. The TPS mechanics didn't feel good (then again, I never liked TPS's), the characters were horrible, and that one boss battle with a gigantic spider-robot was the most unintentionally hilarious set-piece in a computer game ever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    I didn't like Binary Domain at all. The TPS mechanics didn't feel good (then again, I never liked TPS's), the characters were horrible, and that one boss battle with a gigantic spider-robot was the most unintentionally hilarious set-piece in a computer game ever.
    Also, the much-vaunted voice control simply doesn't work. It's pretty much a top-to-bottom disappointment, which is a pity since it had a lot of potential.

Activated Node
    Is Dungeon Siege 3 worth playing through on easy for the story/writing (I am generally a fan of Obsidian's work)?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by applecup View Post
    Is Dungeon Siege 3 worth playing through on easy for the story/writing (I am generally a fan of Obsidian's work)?
    It's not really the usual quality of Obsidian storytelling. It isn't bad by any means and is better than the other DS games, but don't expect a KOTOR2 or MotB. The gameplay is really good though and it's a very solid game, so I do highly recommend it.

I found DS3 pretty special in co-op. Except the very end of the game. Fuck that.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I played Binary Domain last year and really enjoyed it. I knew nothing of it when I started playing it so had no preconceptions but it was one of the years biggest surprises for me. It takes some obvious cues from Mass Effect and has a few flaws but overrall I'd say it's easily worth the few quid it'll cost you.

Disable the voice recognition thing though. It doesn't really work at all.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Sword of the Stars complete collection is currently $5 on GG (same as SotS 2). I imagine it will eventually be corrected (?) to $6.24 like last time.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by applecup View Post
    It's a very bland game. Boring as hell, but good quality otherwise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    It's a very bland game. Boring as hell, but good quality otherwise.
    I bought it supercheap thinkings "it's an ARPG - I like ARPGs - what can go wrong"

The story is fine - the game around it, however, is super basic and dumbed down with minimal customisation and some nasty difficulty spikes.

It's by no means a bad game - it's just not DS1 or DS2 or even in the Top 50 ARPGs ever made.

PC players particularly seem to dislike the console friendly/clunky menus, for example (see also Skyrim perhaps)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I bought it supercheap thinkings "it's an ARPG - I like ARPGs - what can go wrong"

The story is fine - the game around it, however, is super basic and dumbed down with minimal customisation and some nasty difficulty spikes.
    The game is decent enough, but god those spikes come out of nowhere sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Now I'm looking at this: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-GOF2H...fire-2-full-hd. Looks like a quick fix for my space-flying ship-blasting needs, despite the tacky FULL HD in the title. Any opinions?
    It's an iPad game and whilst I'm not one to knock mobile gaming - it's an iPad game...
    While I agree with trjp about it being a mobile game (gameplay/content wise), I actually found it controls better on the PC. That may be just that I'm crap at virtual sticks on touch devices. All up I found it an interesting distraction, but it is definitely repetitive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I might look up some gameplay and decide on BD later.

Velko: have you looked into ZigFrak? Pay what you want on IndieGameStand, have a look.

Activated Node
    Sounds like DS3 is one to skip, then. Thanks anyway guys :)

Activated Node
    PC players particularly seem to dislike the console friendly/clunky menus, for example (see also Skyrim perhaps)
    Agreed, DS3 was clearly designed to be played on a controller. However, unlike Skyrim (which, as a first-person game, is pretty clunky with a controller), it plays really well with an xbox gamepad. Personally, I much preferred it to most ARPGs, as I find using the mouse for both movement and attacks really annoying, whereas being able to move with the left stick feels much more natural to me.

For anyone who hasn't gone for another Footy Manager 2013 offer, it's only 8.99 on Get Games

http://getgamesgo.com/product/footba...Manager%202013
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Network Hub
    I currently have a laptop without a dedicated graphic card (I only have the Intel 3000 chipset), cant it run FBM2013 or is it going to be too stressful for my hardware ?