Page 426 of 589 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 11772

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    The delightful Waking Mars is currently 75% off on Steam. It might be one of those weekly deals, since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
    Other Steam sales:

Flatout Complete Pack €10 [-75%] (FlatOut, FlatOut 2, FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction, FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage). Individual games also discounted, and the pack allows for the gifting of additional copies should you already own one or more titles.

Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Deluxe Edition €5,43 [-66%] (Worms Ultimate Mayhem with the DLC packs: Customization Pack, Multiplayer Pack, Singleplayer Pack)

The Guild II Collection €5 [-75%] (The Guild II, The Guild II - Pirates of the European Seas, The Guild II Renaissance)
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 28-05-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    At GG they're having a Codemaster sale.

I'm interested in some Dirt game, which one do you recommend?

Dirt Showdown, Dirt 2 or Dirt 3?

I'll probably also take Fuel

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    DiRT Showdown seems more of a mini-game than anything resembling earlier games in the series, but perhaps I'm wrong - there was a little too much arena and destruction derby racing in the trailers for me to really look into it.

DiRT 2 is a fine arcade, off-road racing game. There's a nice variety of cars and races there, and it actually has some pretty decent rally stages that are longer than common in this genre, though of course they're still fairly short when compared to proper rally games.

I recall the reaction to DiRT 3 being fairly unenthusiastic. Whether that is because it's a lot like DiRT 2 and people were expecting more, or because it changed a little too much I can't say as I have no experience with the title.

FUEL is a nice open world racer, definitely worth getting - as is GRID. It's a pretty good circuit racer with some nice features like team management. There's a ton of drifting though, as was common at the time. Luckily these are seperate events and don't really interfere with the rest of the game too much.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 28-05-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Yep, i've enjoyed GRID, except for the drift races.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The Tourge (sp?) races were a revelation.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I must've been the only human that enjoyed the drift races in GRID. Oh well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    At GG they're having a Codemaster sale.

I'm interested in some Dirt game, which one do you recommend?

Dirt Showdown, Dirt 2 or Dirt 3?

I'll probably also take Fuel
    I would avoid showdown, it's a waste of money if you want to race. Races are short and not interesting. I regretted buying it. Between 2 and 3, I would take 2. 3 has annoying events while 2 has more racing and longer tracks if I remember correctly.

Fuel is amazing to just take a car or motorcycle and drive around. I never did play the races...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I must've been the only human that enjoyed the drift races in GRID. Oh well.
    The track drift races were a pleasure with changes in elevation creating changes in torque and giving some nice views, the "urban" drifts with two dozen 90 corners, perma smog and an excited but impossible to comprehend announcer.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Adventures of Shuggy is 1.24 euro (75% off) on Steam until 3 June. It's a really good puzzle platformer from the same guy who made Gateways (this came out first). There's a generous demo available from his site, http://www.smudgedcat.com/shuggy.htm.

It's been in a couple of bundles, so it's effectively been cheaper, but it's a great game and good value even when at full price.

Edit: Oh, and another recommendation for Waking Mars. I haven't struggled through to the "good" ending, but it only gets grindy at the very end.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 28-05-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Tritagonist: you didn't mention Dirt so I assume that's off the table, which is a shame because physics aside, it's probably the third best rally game on PC (Richard Burns Rally being the best, WRC 3 being second - in my opinion, of course).

Dirt 2 is I think better than 3, the latter being an absolute DLC fest (you can't completely finish the game without the DLC, which is purchased using MS points on GFWL - no discounts to be found there, of course) with motorway-wide stages. I did actually buy the Monte Carlo DLC and it, shockingly, is the best collection of stages in the game. There's a lot of variety in the vehicles but there's no Big Rig or Rally Raid stuff like there was in Dirt, no Pikes Peak like there was in Dirt and I'd say it's generally less fun than Dirt 2, but the DLC thing killed my enthusiasm for it, you may not care, I don't know. It's not terrible as an actual game but there are better ways to spend your time, unless you really want to drive the most detailed replica of Rod Millen's Pikes Peak Tacoma, which is a shitting beast.

Edit: I forgot the Gymkhana events. Fuck those things. You could probably sum it up by saying Dirt was anoraks and rain style rallying, Dirt 3 is X-Games style rallying and Dirt 2 leans heavily towards 3 but isn't quite that much.

As for Fuel, make sure you get the Refueled mod from ModDB. And I'd advise you pass on Showdown as well.
    Last edited by neema_t; 29-05-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Oh, just one thing I thought of while downloading the DLC:

We bashed Assassin's Creed 3 a lot for screwing things up, but the combat (even the on foot) is actually really good and arguably the best yet. It is an especially good feeling to unload four shots from my pistols, disarm a redcoat to take his rifle, impale another one, then fire off a shot to take out the guy behind him.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    In AC3 does parry still win fights 100% of the time and do the bad guys all line up for their turn to be shanked?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    In AC3 does parry still win fights 100% of the time and do the bad guys all line up for their turn to be shanked?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    What Avish posted is true, but they have improved the combat. Counterkills usually only works on weaker enemies. Occasionally it works on tougher ones as well (I'm not sure if it's randomized), which I like. This can slow combat down a bit and make infinite killing streaks harder, but it's still not much of a challenge. They've also added enemies outside of the melee firing at you, prompting the use of human shields, as well as douche bags throwing grenades.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What neema_t said about the Dirt games is my usual take on them too

Dirt is Colin McRae rally with a BIT of 'X Games' added for flair - Dirt 2 is the 'yo brah' dirt racing game of choice (and a bloody good one at that) and Dirt 3 is for people who've rinsed Dirt 2 to death and want something more (the DLC thing being a real pisser)

Dirt also has a rep for being moody on W7-64 - I got it working without a hitch but others haven't had that luck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Dirt also has a rep for being moody on W7-64 - I got it working without a hitch but others haven't had that luck.
    As did I, and I think that's why it's rarely spoken of and/or in cut price deals, which is a real shame because it is actually rather good fun. Not perfect by any stretch but a better actual stage rally game than either of the sequels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes! It's glorious. Now you can also parry multiple foes for dramatic instakills of two guys at once!

Listen. Assassin's Creed is pure spectacle. It's not about "challenge" or "gameplay." It's about talking history's coolest places and letting you run like a crazed, murderous superman through them. And it's awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I dunno. Between the combat and the tutorials that never ended I got bored in AssCreed 2.

The combat almost ruins the spectacle on me just because it's a series of dudes lining up to die. At least in Batman, they'll all run around and try get shots in on you and you flow from bad guy to bad guy knocking lumps out of them.

I might one day get back to AC2 and just try play it for the story. And hopefully I get to kill that one annoying english tosser.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    FUEL is a nice open world racer, definitely worth getting
    Thanks for mentioning - not only was this on my wishlist after the lengthy feature on RPS from years ago, I also noticed I have a yet unused key for Fallout: New Vegas in my GG library.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I dunno. Between the combat and the tutorials that never ended I got bored in AssCreed 2.

The combat almost ruins the spectacle on me just because it's a series of dudes lining up to die. At least in Batman, they'll all run around and try get shots in on you and you flow from bad guy to bad guy knocking lumps out of them.
    Something tells me you haven't seen the video of the guy winning fights in B:AA while mashing buttons wearing a blindfold.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR