Page 427 of 544 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 10862

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Something tells me you haven't seen the video of the guy winning fights in B:AA while mashing buttons wearing a blindfold.
    Hard to imagine, because the Arkham games actually penalize you for hitting the counter button too early (in a way that subsequent button presses would not even register). So mashing the counter button would get you absolutely nowhere. Maybe this guy memorized combat patterns or something?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I can't find the video now, but it was posted here on the forums somewhere. The player just hits the attack button over and over without directing Batman at all and he clobbers a large group of mooks until he stops hearing the sound of punches landing. For me that ranks up there with the CoD video where the guy doesn't fire a shot and yet completes the mission. Neither exactly make for compelling gameplay.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I don't think there are many fights in B:AA and B:AC that are doable without countering ... Maybe very early on? Would be interested if anyone can dig this up, a quick google search did not yield any useful results.

My point is, this is not representative of the combat mechanics in the Arkham series and the comparison to the AC games is somewhat lacking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    For me that ranks up there with the CoD video where the guy doesn't fire a shot and yet completes the mission.
    That was actually Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I'm all for bashing CoD, but let's be fair, that one was on EA's hands, not Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    That was actually Medal of Honor: Warfighter. I'm all for bashing CoD, but let's be fair, that one was on EA's hands, not Activision.
    Fair enough; I haven't played either so those games pretty much all look the same to me.

Fair enough; I haven't played either so those games pretty much all look the same to me.
    To be fair, they probably look the same to people who actually played them too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You can beat the first level of CODBlops without firing your gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY\

Also, RE: Batman, like a lot of score-based games, the point isn't can you win (which is easy) but how well can you win. That's where Batman's combat model shines.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post

Ha. Well that's one I didn't know about.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post

Also, RE: Batman, like a lot of score-based games, the point isn't can you win (which is easy) but how well can you win. That's where Batman's combat model shines.
    That's the way I feel, too. Batman is pretty flexible in terms of player skill, but it's all about finesse. Not to mention there are enemies in Batman starting midway that you cannot attack without first countering or stunning, or you simply can't hit them. I'm sure there are a few fights where you can just keep punching mooks, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Ha. Well that's one I didn't know about.
    To be fair, the BLOPS one isn't exactly fair, and actually makes sense for the most part. In fact, I suspect this would be true of many games.

If you see four enemies, and three of them are shooting at you, why would you shoot the fourth?

The thing that just makes that one so bad/hilarious is the turret sequence, which is just an issue of the AI not being set up specially for that.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Something something The Last Remnant on GamersGate for 2 something something actually really good something something not a typical JRPG something something give it a go although be warned it's complex something something much has been said about it before.

For $2.50 I decided to take a chance on this. If only because I've never actually played a JRPG before and have always kind of wondered what the fuss was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Something something The Last Remnant on GamersGate for 2 something something actually really good something something not a typical JRPG something something give it a go although be warned it's complex something something much has been said about it before.

I spent over 100 hours with The Last Remnant and I don't regret it. The only real problem is that it barely explains the more intricate parts of the very complex combat system. On the other hand, quadruple-wielding!
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    The thing that just makes that one so bad/hilarious is the turret sequence, which is just an issue of the AI not being set up specially for that.
    I encountered a similar situation in Far Cry 3. There was one mission for the guy on the boat; after you rescue him he pilots the boat down a river while you provide cover on the mounted machine gun. However, if you don't open fire the enemies won't engage you, including helos. I simply cruised down the river while the NPC was yelling about nonexistent incoming rifle and RPG fire, all to the tune of dramatic dubstep. I especially liked the part when the NPC had to stop the boat to repair the damage it didn't take before we could once again cruise peacefully by loads of enemies on the banks of the river.

The Batman combat system beats the hell out of AC's pretty lackluster combat (IMHO). I just enjoy the atmosphere and environment in AC, the combat is secondary. Although in Batman I LOOOOOOVE the combat, so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I got it using some Blue Coins I had lying around. I love GamersGate! (wish they still had the 'lifetime' 15% discount, although it really was too good to last)

[QUOTE=Oshada;309457]The Last Remnant on GamersGate for 2 QUOTE]

Tried the demo...the main character is unlikeable, some classic JRPG crybaby... the fighting system was interesting but I couldn't suffer this jerk...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    LA Noire Complete+Max Payne 3 for $10 over on Amazon. As always, it should be noted that Max Payne 3 has a monstrous install size of 27.3GB. Yeah.
    Last edited by sabrage; 30-05-2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: linky dink

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I spent over 100 hours with The Last Remnant and I don't regret it. The only real problem is that it barely explains the more intricate parts of the very complex combat system. On the other hand, quadruple-wielding!
    I have a similar time investment on Steam. Didn't find the story particularly exciting, but hunting the rares gave me endless entertainment. A few of them were really rewarding to finish; right up there with my attempts on Omega Weapon in FF8.

The battle system introduced some... interesting large group mechanics.

I don't suppose anyone's interested in splitting one of those? I already got Max Payne 3 but would love to get L.A. Noire Complete for cheap.