Page 430 of 579 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,600 of 11574

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad is onsale at gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RO2HS/r...-of-stalingrad

If you buy RO2 you get RS(Rising Storm, pacific theater) with it, with the limitation that you can only play bolt-action rifleman on the pacific maps.

If you buy RS(Rising Storm) you get the whole of RO2 with it. Something to keep in mind.

Steam still has RS on sale(not much though), gamersgate doesnt. The Steam RO2 edition on sale is the GOTY.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    We often get games cheaper than Americans, when we lose I go to amazon, so I win anyway.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    DARK SOULS (10 on GMG or 8 via savvy - http://savygamer.co.uk/2013/06/05/da...-edition-pc-8/)

DARK SOULS
    Dark souls?

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Dark souls?
    Dark Souls!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    We often get games cheaper than Americans, when we lose I go to amazon, so I win anyway.
    Oh yay! We tend to get the short end of the regional pricing stick, so I tend to be cautious when it comes to these things. Thanks!

How about this?

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1213-total-war-rome-ii

Rome 2 (including the Greek States pre-order bonus) for about 24. I've bought some games through Nuuvem before, but never pre-ordered anything there. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I saw in the Steam news that Substance Designer is on discount, which I hadn't heard of. What's that? Alas not the basement pharmaceutical sim I hoped for.
    Last edited by Colonel J; 06-06-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Apparently, GMG has changed the currency for us Swedes. While we used to pay in USD, we now pay in GBP. It's quite odd, seeing that the Euro would be a more obvious alternative. Anyway, I turn to you, my British brethren with a question: Have you noticed a difference in pricing between GBP and USD on GMG, or is it a straight conversion?
    Huh. They pulled off something similar in the past. Initially, German customers were charged in GBP with prices being about 20 - 30 % cheaper than the RRP in EUR. I even remember a statement of a representative, saying somthing along the lines of "we do this as a special service to German customers, because we're able to offer you games much cheaper that way".

They then changed the currency to EUR out of sudden, conveniently raising the price of nearly every game on offer by those 20 - 30 %. When people inquired about this move in the forum, the reaction was pretty much "well, the Euro is Germany's currency, so what's your problem?".

I'm still quite a bit suspicious about these guys because of that, although I have bought from them again (because, uhm, prices).

So not a deal, but...

Rome Total War 2 originally came on Steam about a month ago for 45 but was still popular enough to make the top ten.

It's now selling for 30

And it doesn't come out for another three months.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    So not a deal, but...

Rome Total War 2 originally came on Steam about a month ago for 45 but was still popular enough to make the top ten.

It's now selling for 30

And it doesn't come out for another three months.
    Still showing 55 EUR for me?

Also, Swedish developers weekend over at gamersgate. Get your paradox fix!
    Last edited by mrki; 07-06-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added the swedes

Okay, this is an odd one. A game beyond my usual "push it on others limit" of 7.50 that I desperately want to push onto others.

Dominions 3 is 9.03 from Gamersgate with the code elder-geek.com

Its a "risk like" strategy game with psudeo real time battles (you preload orders and they play out in turns and battles are hands free). Things happen quickly right from the word go, but the actual pace depends on the player base, often you are talking 1 turn every 3 days, which might seem absurd to the uninitiated but consider a game like Civ4 where the AI holds up and the mechanics are rich enough to allow dozens of paths to victory. Well, its not AI, its other people, with back-stabs secret super weapons and arcane rituals that change the very rules of war.

Very much an advised purchase. If you get it the latest in a series of RPS multiplayer games is due to start shortly after the sale closes http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ltiplayer-game

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Still showing 55 EUR for me?
    Only the UK who got this huge discount as far as I can see. I got it on Steam Trades for €25.

The Russians got it too, and before the UK if memory serves, so I guess there's still a slim chance there'll be a reduction in EU.

GOG is doing a Codemaster promotion.

For the Arcen fans out there, the current Royale has every Arcen game ever released except of course the new Skyward Collapse.

http://www.indieroyale.com
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    Civilization V is free to play and 75% reduced (including all DLC as far as I can see) this weekend on Steam.
    Marc Bloch Reviews Historical Games A website about the intersections between history and games

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    For the Arcen fans out there, the current Royale has every Arcen game ever released except of course the new Skyward Collapse.

With Indieroyale (which I've never used before), if I pay more than the minimum where does the extra dosh go? I'm more than happy to toss Arcen some extra support, so long as I know it's actually getting to them.

It's worth noting, by the way, that while Skyward Collapse isn't in there the bundle does include the brand new AI War expansion, Vengeance of the Machine, which only went on sale today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar

Do the games have separate keys/download links? I already own most of them, might buy it if I can give some away.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    With Indieroyale (which I've never used before), if I pay more than the minimum where does the extra dosh go? I'm more than happy to toss Arcen some extra support, so long as I know it's actually getting to them.
    I don't think the exact details have ever been discussed in public, so I can't really give a reply there. For any bundle that does not allow the customer to decide the split, it's a common assumption the devs get a fixed percentage of the net payment, as they would get with any DD service. Thus, a higher payment should net them more both because you pay more and because payment processor fees should weigh proportionally less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Do the games have separate keys/download links? I already own most of them, might buy it if I can give some away.
    Definitely, Royale was the first bundle to introduce individual keys.

Just be aware that the Desura key is the same for all the games and is actually the same as the bundle itself - for that reason I usually recommend against giving that one away. That doesn't affect Steam keys.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    That's usually the case with IR, unless they've changed things recently.

Edit: Eh, ninja'd by the King o' Bundles himself!

Just be aware that the Desura key is the same for all the games and is actually the same as the bundle itself - for that reason I usually recommend against giving that one away. That doesn't affect Steam keys.

Also, your desura key is the same as the url link for the download page of the bundle. So be careful giving that away unless you activate all the steam key that you need.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem