Page 432 of 569 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,640 of 11373

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well there was one in the US this year, so I'm not sure they are all over.

The EU servers are still up too. I actually have both versions. If anyone from the EU doesn't have it yet, I recommend the US version anyway.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    If I buy more than one copy of a game, I'm buying them for whomever I please. If a dev doesn't want me to own more than one copy of their game, they shouldn't sell me more than one copy of their game.
    TO be clear - someone was saying that they bought a bundle which came with Steam AND Desura keys - so they used the Steam key themselves and were thinking of giving away the Desura key.

That - to me - is splitting ONE copy of a game for TWO people...

The issue of what you do with 'extra' copies is different - tho I would argue that splitting the games which are delivered from a single purchase between multiple people is something I'm sure the bundle creators/developers would rather you didn't do either.

What's illegal about it - I don't even want to start that argument - but I think there's a spirit to this stuff and it goes

"You buy a bundle for ONE person - yourself or someone else - you do not subdivide it"

Although there's now a website where that exact thing happens - I can't remember it's name and I don't really want to publicise it anyway cos I think it's a dumb idea but the theory is that people who want diff. bits of a bundle split the cost.

Yes, they found a way to make bundles - often already available for 1c-$1 - even cheaper - the barrel can be scraped more than we ever thought possible.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-RAGE/rage rage 4.99.
    Is it worth it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Is it worth it ?
    I have seen it cheaper on other offers, but would say even for a fiver yeah. Not the best game ever but certainly worth that.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    I have seen it cheaper on other offers, but would say even for a fiver yeah. Not the best game ever but certainly worth that.
    This. Not perfect but game enough for 5. The shooting is really meaty but don't try to play it as anything other than a shooter. It's not an RPG, it's not an open world thing, it's definitely not anything but a corridor shooter with a bit of road between the corridors. Also the ending suuuuucks. But I really enjoyed it up until that bit. I'm pretty sure they were going to do a traditional expansion pack-style thing if it had taken off, but, well, it didn't.

Re: Rage. It's a weird hybrid of corridor and open world where they lost the best parts of each (no really spectacular CoD/Bulletstorm-style corridor set-pieces, no real open-world exploring or discovery--you just get the next mission and directly drive there). But it's quite fun if you just want to shoot stuff with fun weapons. Worth $5-$10 in my opinion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yea, Rage is a weird thing. I has FPS bits, RPG bits (crafting and talking to people etc.) and it has open world driving bits and none of them are remotely like a polished game.

Bring them all together and there's some fun to be had but it really comes-off as a half-arsed effort in the gameplay dept (and in PC graphical terms unless you hack it around a fair bit).

If you like the idea of a super-simple Fallout game tho - it's your goto guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Is it worth it ?
    Yes, it is. I got 25h fun out of it. Just don't expect it to be like Fallout or something.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Maybe everyone was already aware of this, but Shadow Warrior's free on steam. No one told me, anyway:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238070/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DBGNTLC

$9.99

1. Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition

2. Galaxy on Fire 2 HD

3. Mars: War Logs

4. Strike Suit Zero

5. Triple Town
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Far Cry 3 retail PC DVD is $20 on Amazon.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DBGNTLC

$9.99

1. Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition

2. Galaxy on Fire 2 HD

3. Mars: War Logs

4. Strike Suit Zero

5. Triple Town
    Great looking bundle, each game has iffy reviews but the 5 of them for $10 is great. Just bought it and all keys are steam keys
    Last edited by Kiril; 13-06-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Great looking bundle, each game has iffy reviews but the 5 of them for $10 is great. Just bought it and all keys are steam keys
    The reviewer who hates Triple Town has no soul IMO.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    The reviewer who hates Triple Town has no soul IMO.
    It's hard to imagine where you'd have a problem with it - it's a super-smart puzzle made all the better by having the cynical F2P shit removed in the PC version.

The only possible gripe is that it's "not a PC game" but I think the PC is AWASH with puzzles and it's simply one of the best there is.

Also - Steam Trading Cards ;)

Network Hub
    Do you need to be able to read well for the witcher 2? Or is it a case of follow marker on your map, kill, pick something up, talk to npc? Just wondering because my father in law aint too good at reading but likes games like guild wars etc. Don't think he cares too much about stories in games tbh just as long as its fun.

Strange question about an rpg I know lol

From what I remember it was markers and go here and find this/kill this/ talk to this. It is pretty much all voice acted too so if he can listen to them he should be fine.

but my personal preference for an RPG would be Risen or Gothic 3.

Hum... By the way, is the story enjoyable without having played through The Witcher 1? I tried it a while ago and didn't really enjoy the gameplay, and as I've heard much better things about The Witcher 2... I guess I could play the first one, but I'll jump right into the second game if I'm not missing much of a thing.

I never played through The Witcher 1 and I enjoyed the story of 2 immensely. it may help a little knowing the first but by no means is it necessary.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah it's pretty much a separate story. There's some offhand references to events of the first, but no more than that.