Page 433 of 602 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,660 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Great! I'm going to buy the second one right now, then. Thanks!

One of my few criticisms of Witcher 2 is how little the choices in the first game mattered. They hyped it up like Bioware does that you could import your save-file and it would totally change the game but it only affected a couple of dialog options and I think one NPC was there if you had sided with The Order in Witcher 1 (I hate them so he wasn't in my game but I've heard that).

I hope they will make your saved game choices matter more in Witcher 3. But yeah, there's not reason to play W1 first. It's a totally separate story.

Just so happens Steam just put The Witcher 2 on sale http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/ how is that for timing ? :)
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Just so happens Steam just put The Witcher 2 on sale http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/ how is that for timing ? :)
    Everyone buy it! That's a great price, and it isn't even 75 % off. Has it dropped unusually quickly or am I just imagining things? €20 RRP is sick for that game. Do they still hand out free GOG versions for people who've bought it elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Has it dropped unusually quickly or am I just imagining things?
    Not sure what you mean, it appears to be the lowest recorded price, but the drop is like 70 cents from the previous low.

http://www.steamgamesales.com/BP3s2/...hanced-edition

Anyway, the summer sale shouldn't be that far away now, not that that means the price will necessarily be better, let's say, just a thought?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Not sure what you mean, it appears to be the lowest recorded price, but the drop is like 70 cents from the previous low.
    Oh, I meant the RRP. I wrote that in the sentence after, which is weird, but I'm mentally exhausted. The base price is lower than I had expected it to be.

So Steam's Summer Wallet Throwing Exercise is right around the corner, right? Any ideas on timing; last week of June or something?

Network Hub
    Yeah RRP of Witcher 2 went down a few months ago, definitely worth it now. It might go down a bit more in the summer sale but wouldn't be much as it's cheaper enough already.

As for the Steam sale, I'm guessing around the 11th or possibly 18th July, similar to last year. I'd lean more to 18th because I doubt they want it to affect the new Civ V expansion and the 18th onwards doesn't have any big releases.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Witcher 2 is one of the best games I've ever played, it's worth considerably more than it's RRP, anything less is a bargain let alone pocket change.

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    So Steam's Summer Wallet Throwing Exercise is right around the corner, right? Any ideas on timing; last week of June or something?
    I don't think anyone has a precise idea except Steam people... off the top of my head, I believe it's always been in July so... 2 weeks at the very least, more likely 3 or 4? Depends on your definition of round the corner, I guess.

As a general rule, I'd say: if something is on sale and you want to play it NOW, by all means get it. If you're looking at weeks/months before you get to it, or you can wait anyway, it'll probably pay to do just that.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They run the Summer Sale in 'Summer Camp' season US - that's usually the last 2 full weeks in July I think?

Awesomenaughts 1.75 http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-AWESOME/awesomenauts Love the game.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    They run the Summer Sale in 'Summer Camp' season US - that's usually the last 2 full weeks in July I think?
    It used to start in the last week of June, except for last year where it took off in mid-July. The precise date has (accidentally?) leaked beforehand in the last two years, so I wonder if Valve will be more secretive this time around?

Assassins Creed 3 Special Edition 12 http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...l-Edition.html

Have to say, I loved Brotherhood and ACII, never finished Revelations cause it bored me silly. But I am tempted by this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Awesomenaughts 1.75 http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-AWESOME/awesomenauts Love the game.
    It's 2Dota isn't it? Reliant on the same concept of having a team of mates and putting-up with ragequitters?

Pretty much, but the bot's are quite capable that if your team quits you can still stand a chance. Apart from being in the Infinite Crisis beta this is the only Moba I have ever played.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Pretty much, but the bot's are quite capable that if your team quits you can still stand a chance. Apart from being in the Infinite Crisis beta this is the only Moba I have ever played.
    I played the 360 demo and quite liked it - I liked S&S too - but I fear engaging with 'the community' quite frankly - I fear games where there is a 'way to play' and where anything else will be deemed 'lame' and anything smart will be deemed 'hax'.

I may have been burned one-time-too-many tho :)

tbh I very rarely see anyone actually type in chat. it is very tame compared to what I hear the others are like. You may get a GG at the end o the game if you are lucky.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    tbh I very rarely see anyone actually type in chat. it is very tame compared to what I hear the others are like. You may get a GG at the end o the game if you are lucky.
    This matches most of my experience. You get the odd person spouting crap in the chat, but it is very rare. Awesomenauts is a very casual MOBA, so it probably doesn't attract the same kind of obsessive competitive people as other DOTA-a-likes.

Personally, I found it very fun, but it was a bit of a gateway drug for me moving into the real deal and giving DOTA 2 a go. I found it significantly less engaging once I had played a fair amount of DOTA.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I found it significantly less engaging once I had played a fair amount of DOTA.
    This. Friend of mine gifted it to me after I had been playing Dota2 for quite a while, and just couldn't get into it; too simple by comparison, it really is kind of "baby's first Dota".