Page 434 of 571 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 11412

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    This matches most of my experience. You get the odd person spouting crap in the chat, but it is very rare. Awesomenauts is a very casual MOBA, so it probably doesn't attract the same kind of obsessive competitive people as other DOTA-a-likes.

Personally, I found it very fun, but it was a bit of a gateway drug for me moving into the real deal and giving DOTA 2 a go. I found it significantly less engaging once I had played a fair amount of DOTA.

Well for what it is worth I just tried my first round in a proper moba (infinite crisis). ....... I think I will stick to Awesomenaughts lol
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice-Fyre View Post
    Do you need to be able to read well for the witcher 2? Or is it a case of follow marker on your map, kill, pick something up, talk to npc? Just wondering because my father in law aint too good at reading but likes games like guild wars etc. Don't think he cares too much about stories in games tbh just as long as its fun.

Strange question about an rpg I know lol
    I would be very careful with Witcher 2 if youre FIL isnt going to care about the story. The storytelling is wonderful, the combat is some of the most tedious, un-fun BS I've ever dealt with. Be prepared to roll a lot+hope you are at the right distance for the attack you want to be the one that appears.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    It used to start in the last week of June, except for last year where it took off in mid-July. The precise date has (accidentally?) leaked beforehand in the last two years, so I wonder if Valve will be more secretive this time around?
    It started out at least incorporating the 4th of July, but that hasn't always been the case as you point out.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Origin have a big sale on currently

The Secret World £12.49 http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea...ctID.245138900
    Fifa 13 £10.49 http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea...ctID.245520700

Greenmandgaming have Battlefield 3 for £7.49 http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/e...battlefield-3/

I am tempted by TSW as I enjoyed the beta somewhat, but the sub put me off.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    TSW. I'm waiting for the Steam summer sale or another sale with credits to buy an extra issue or two.

Do you play the game currenly? I was wondering if it is populated sufficiently.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I have recently got back into it and the main servers are fairly busy enough - never had a problem finding people for dungeons etc - I am on arcadia for exaple, dont go on one of the smaller ones as they will be quiet, it has also smoothed out hugely since beta and for what its worth I am hugely enjoying it (also a double XP weekend this weekend).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    You can supposedly unlock BF3's Close Quarters for free by doing this on Origin:

According to Game Informer, you can unlock the DLC free by launching the Origin client, and via the "Redeem Product Code" menu enter the code 'BF3E3'.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    You can supposedly unlock BF3's Close Quarters for free by doing this on Origin:
    Just tried this and can confirm it works.

Works even if you don't yet own the base game :)

The WarZ £2.74 http://store.steampowered.com/app/226700/

lol still not interested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    As long as they are paying me. I might not bite under £10 though, I don't want to clutter up my game list.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

The horror is it is the best selling thing on Steam atm.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    I am tempted by TSW as I enjoyed the beta somewhat, but the sub put me off.
    No more sub BTW in case you didn't know.

Obscure Node
    Total War: Rome II is 79 R$ (= Ä 28) on Nuuvem. The site mentions steam but does anyone know if the stuff on Nuuvem is region locked or similar shenanigans (as I'm not living in Brasil ;-) )?

Quote Originally Posted by FFabian View Post
    Total War: Rome II is 79 R$ (= € 28) on Nuuvem. The site mentions steam but does anyone know if the stuff on Nuuvem is region locked or similar shenanigans (as I'm not living in Brasil ;-) )?
    I've bought games from them without any problems. I've never preordered from there before, though.

Obscure Node
    We'll see. I just preordered ... it's half the price when compared to the steam store.

Ooh, Antichamber's the daily deal on Steam, 50% off. It's an amazing puzzle game, I highly recommend it.

And for those who were not aware, Super Hexagon is still 66% discounted, bringing it down to $1/€1/£0.60. It's basically the anti-Antichamber.

King's bounty is on sale at Gamersgate for 0.63$ which a little more than free.

I think it's a case of their infamous double discount bug though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Here's a hypothetical question.

If I were to use no-script to access the US Origin store from the UK and bought the NFS:MW (2012) Super Cars Wot Go Well Fast DLC for $4.99 instead of £7.99, would I get 'the EA treatment' (i.e. banned and spat on) or would I be ok? I'm guessing they're a little more sensitive to this sort of carry-on than Amazon US or possibly Steam, though I know Steam mentions how banned you'll get if you're caught doing that I've never heard of it happen.