Page 439 of 602 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    I don't really mind the Gog bundle system and I especially like that if you own some games of the bundle, you're not forced to buy them again. You'll still get the discount for other games minus the games you already own.
    I'm quite sure you're forced to buy everything on Steam, even if you own some of the games, right? I haven't experienced it myself but will the games you already own be given as gifts on Steam?
    Yes, you have to pay full bundle price on Steam (with very rare exceptions) and you generally don't get duplicates. But people get mad at GoG because 75% off an 8 dollar game is a much smaller discount than 75% off a 20 dollar game. In essence, GoG bones themselves by generally having low prices to begin with :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    New day, new steam deals.

This time around its the crazy Magicka boys - €8.74 for everything
    The Showdown Effect - €2.49
    Dungeonland -€4.24 for the Collection
    Game of Dwarves - €2.49
    Warlock - Master of the Arcane - €4.99

All 75% off

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/paradoxweekend2013

Warlock is a fun Civ-lite game, with spells and different planes. It is not as deep as Civ, but it scratches an itch.
    Magicka is great, if it works.
    Game of Dwarves is flawed. Good ideas, not a bad presentation, but just lacking in something. I have been meaning to spend more time with it, to see if when you get used to it its good.

Now questions, have they fixed Dungeonland? When I played it close to release in the beta it was a mess. Also is there any one playing Showdown? Great fun in the demo, but without players its useless.

I've had my eye on Warlock for a long time now. At 3.74 I think I'll bite.

Anyone know if the DLC is worth it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Note that Warlock's multiplayer is completely awful (i.e. unplayable), on the off chance that matters to you.
    Last edited by vinraith; 22-06-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I've had my eye on Warlock for a long time now. At 3.74 I think I'll bite.

Anyone know if the DLC is worth it?
    The Elf DLC is high quality and definitely good value at 49p. The Serpent and Lords DLCs are acceptable quality, their standard prices are too high, with the 75% saving they're probably just about OK. Master of artifacts seems good to me and the price is reasonable. I haven't got round to playing with Armageddon but I have heard good things about it and it is certainly something different.

For 4.23 (with the Elf DLC) this game is definitely excellent value. An important thing to bear in mind when playing is that although it looks very much like Civ and Master of Magic it also has deep roots in Panzer/Fantasy General, so it's not a "pure" 4X game.
    Last edited by NathanH; 22-06-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    New Get Loaded bundle featuring Steam keys for Bethesda games.
    I've never used Get Loaded Go--are they reputable?

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    It looks like they are a part of GetGamesGo. Not my favorite site, but I've used them in the past and had no complaints.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Yeah, as Gundato says, they are a part of GetGamesGo. I have bought from Get Loaded Go, usually comes with an email for a steam key.

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    I can't believe many people spend like $20 on games they don't really want in order to save a couple of bucks on a game they do want.
    I can't believe it either - in fact I've noticed the people who are enthusiastic about GOG bundles don't own more than 1 game, 2 tops, it makes a lot more sense that way - but I'm not overly enthuasiastic about those bundles myself.

Can't say I hate the way they handle their seasonal sales, or anything else: I simply think you can find better prices elsewhere most of the time so, whatever the case, just bring your business elsewhere.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Yes, you have to pay full bundle price on Steam (with very rare exceptions) and you generally don't get duplicates. But people get mad at GoG because 75% off an 8 dollar game is a much smaller discount than 75% off a 20 dollar game. In essence, GoG bones themselves by generally having low prices to begin with :p
    But Steam usually doesn't try top pressure you in to buying a bundle just to get the sale price. Don't get me wrong. I like GOG and buy a lot of stuff there but there prices aren't really all that cheap. Do you really think they could get away with charging $20-30 for 15 year old games?

But Steam usually doesn't try top pressure you in to buying a bundle just to get the sale price. Don't get me wrong. I like GOG and buy a lot of stuff there but there prices aren't really all that cheap. Do you really think they could get away with charging $20-30 for 15 year old games?

Have you been to any of the Steam sales? They always advertise the bundle and you have to go out of your way (click the individual title) to see what the individual price is. I know this because I have had to check to see if it was cheaper to buy a bundle or individual DLCs on more than one occasion.

And 20 bucks for a 15 year old game? Nobody would EVER do that :p. Except for Blizzard...

Also: GoG generally doesn't do that (I think the only >$10 games they even sell are at most five or six years old). They generally are good about the 8 and 10 dollar price points. And 8 bucks for a copy of The Bard's Tale (Cary Elwes edition) that doesn't have stupid DRM was a pretty good deal in my eyes.

Network Hub
    They always advertise the bundle and you have to go out of your way (click the individual title) to see what the individual price is.
    No it's not like you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    No it's not like you're saying.
    Congratulations, you clicked
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/paradoxweekend2013

or, if you would prefer
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

But you are right. if you go out of your way you can make them look different. So good job.
    Last edited by gundato; 23-06-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Have you been to any of the Steam sales? They always advertise the bundle and you have to go out of your way (click the individual title) to see what the individual price is. I know this because I have had to check to see if it was cheaper to buy a bundle or individual DLCs on more than one occasion.

And 20 bucks for a 15 year old game? Nobody would EVER do that :p. Except for Blizzard...

Also: GoG generally doesn't do that (I think the only >$10 games they even sell are at most five or six years old). They generally are good about the 8 and 10 dollar price points. And 8 bucks for a copy of The Bard's Tale (Cary Elwes edition) that doesn't have stupid DRM was a pretty good deal in my eyes.

The point is they usually give you the option to buy the games individually still on sale. Maybe you have to click once or twice extra or type a game title in search but that isn't really so difficult is it?

And I know GOG doesn't charge $20 for games. My point was that they couldn't really do that. They charge $10 because that's as much as most people (Blizzard fanboys aside) are willing to pay for games that old.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Note that Warlock's multiplayer is completely awful (i.e. unplayable), on the off chance that matters to you.
    I rarely if ever play mutliplayer strategy games because although I enjoy them, I'm bloody awful at them.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    The Elf DLC is high quality and definitely good value at 49p. The Serpent and Lords DLCs are acceptable quality, their standard prices are too high, with the 75% saving they're probably just about OK. Master of artifacts seems good to me and the price is reasonable. I haven't got round to playing with Armageddon but I have heard good things about it and it is certainly something different.

For 4.23 (with the Elf DLC) this game is definitely excellent value. An important thing to bear in mind when playing is that although it looks very much like Civ and Master of Magic it also has deep roots in Panzer/Fantasy General, so it's not a "pure" 4X game.
    Thanks for the info. For that much I may as well get the lot. I actually didn't notice the DLC was quite that cheap!
    Last edited by PeteC; 23-06-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GOGs pricing is always a bit random, some games/bundles are extremely cheap and some are relatively pricey for what you get, so it's not really a surprise that the sale deals work the same way! The only annoying thing about GOG deals is that typically I'll have half the bundle from somewhere else. Their bundles are usually well-chosen in the sense that if you're interested in some of the games you'll be interested in most of them. Things like the Heroes of Might and Magic bundle was extremely good value, but most people will be like me and have some of the games from other vendors.

Bundles like that would be really good for newer gamers---imagine getting the Heroes bundle without having played a Heroes game before! But I don't think GOG really gets many views from such gamers. This is quite sad.

The point is they usually give you the option to buy the games individually still on sale. Maybe you have to click once or twice extra or type a game title in search but that isn't really so difficult is it?
    And so does GoG. Usually it is 75% off if you buy the whole bundle, 50% off if you buy individually, some lesser% off if it is a summer sale. There is really no difference from Steam except that GoG won't charge you again if you already own something.

Also: Having to wait for the incredibly hammered Steam servers to load up a single CK2 DLC (or multiple CK2 DLCs if I need to add them to my cart) is a LOT more annoying than unchecking a few boxes on the GoG servers. Just saying :p

And I know GOG doesn't charge $20 for games. My point was that they couldn't really do that. They charge $10 because that's as much as most people (Blizzard fanboys aside) are willing to pay for games that old.
    Okay. What is your point?

GOGs pricing is always a bit random, some games/bundles are extremely cheap and some are relatively pricey for what you get, so it's not really a surprise that the sale deals work the same way! The only annoying thing about GOG deals is that typically I'll have half the bundle from somewhere else. Their bundles are usually well-chosen in the sense that if you're interested in some of the games you'll be interested in most of them. Things like the Heroes of Might and Magic bundle was extremely good value, but most people will be like me and have some of the games from other vendors..
    This I agree on. I know that I have a hard time grabbing the various indie bundles from them as said games are also on Steam and that means achievements (they can be fun) and, these days, steam cards (they can be money :p).

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    I really urge everyone to buy King of Dragon Pass for $3 on GoG.
    It's one of the best games of all time and an impressive showcase of procedural narration where you get immersed in incredibly well-written stories of betrayal, love, friendship I've yet to experience in another game... all that in a solid and uncomplicated management game.

It's all 2D static art with walls of text so it aged pretty well, the UI is a pleasure to use, and it's a masterpiece everyone interested in videogames should play in his life.
    I'd only heard of this game a few weeks ago when looking at 7 Grand Steps. That, and your ebullient post made me grab it. I love it, thank you! After a bit of head-scratching and random clicking in the tutorial, I got a grasp of what I was supposed to do and embarked with my Clovenhoof clan into raiding failures, slaughtering of cattle and meeting bizarre 'foreign' clans (Duck Clan, hell yeah!).
    Last edited by Gerbick; 23-06-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Things like the Heroes of Might and Magic bundle was extremely good value
    This is a disgraceful sentence and I apologise to the world for inflicting it upon you all.

Tomb Raider: The Rebooting is only €16.98 on Gamersgate right now.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -