Page 440 of 584 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 11673

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Pip pip and all that. Its a very good game imo. It was slightly cheaper on gamefly a few weeks ago, but only by about 1. I can not see it being this cheap on steam in the sales for euro folk so you should buy it now, if you like decent games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Pip pip and all that. Its a very good game imo. It was slightly cheaper on gamefly a few weeks ago, but only by about 1. I can not see it being this cheap on steam in the sales for euro folk so you should buy it now, if you like decent games.
    Mandatory warning - TR is a decent game but it's simply not a Tomb Raider game. It's a third-person shooter which is quite enjoyable (you get a decent bow - bows are cool) if a bit basic and sometimes frustrating.

Actual Tomb Raiding is limited, most of it is optional and what there is is not in ANY way challenging or difficult (most is 'shoot this, press that, jump" stuff) - if you want to raid actual Tombs, Anniversary is your goto guy here.

The story/exposition is also absolute stark-staring utter fucking cobblers and they'd have been better-off not even trying - what there is, is illogical and even comedic.

Saying you were a 'writer for Tomb Raider' is like saying you did character development for a Gllette ad...

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Wasn't it like 12 pounds or something on GF? Anyway, I concur that it's a fair price for a rather decent game; and despite what John Walker wants to make you think, it leaves enough room for exploration and stuff (although I'd wished for more demanding platforming and more challenging puzzles). PC port is also very solid (if you do the sensible thing and ignore that hair simulation non-sense).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Mandatory warning - TR is a decent game but it's simply not a Tomb Raider game. It's a third-person shooter which is quite enjoyable (you get a decent bow - bows are cool) if a bit basic and sometimes frustrating.

Actual Tomb Raiding is limited, most of it is optional and what there is is not in ANY way challenging or difficult (most is 'shoot this, press that, jump" stuff) - if you want to raid actual Tombs, Anniversary is your goto guy here.

The story/exposition is also absolute stark-staring utter fucking cobblers and they'd have been better-off not even trying - what there is, is illogical and even comedic.

Saying you were a 'writer for Tomb Raider' is like saying you did character development for a Gllette ad...
    Mr Gilette Ad Man has loads of personality!!

I found Tomb Raider to be a very good game, as someone who didn't really like the old tomb raider games.

But Anniversary is also on sale over on gamersgate - http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-TRA/t...er-anniversary - 2.38 / €3.06 on the .com site

All the tomb raider games are there in a sale - http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?pr...=raidermidweek

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Wasn't it like 12 pounds or something on GF? Anyway, I concur that it's a fair price for a rather decent game; and despite what John Walker wants to make you think, it leaves enough room for exploration and stuff (although I'd wished for more demanding platforming and more challenging puzzles). PC port is also very solid (if you do the sensible thing and ignore that hair simulation non-sense).
    It was 9.50 or so

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Let's all just be honest, Tomb Raider games have always been rubbish. The developers realised that and made something different, which incidentally was rubbish too.

No need for us to act all surprised.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

And don't forge to use code "elder-geek.com" for those extra 5% off.

Tomorrow afternoon just before 1 (GMT) is the end of a lot of the GOG offers, depending on publisher. A lot of classics are there, but the only one I can personally vouch for and encourage people to buy is Startopia. It's a great building and management game done by a lot of ex-Bullfrog people, with a very Bullfrog sense of humour and a large wink in the direction of Douglas Adams. Minor drawbacks: the combat isn't a lot of fun, the multiplayer no longer works, and adjusting your view can be a bit fiddly.

If you're not going to buy the game, watch the intro sequence anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK79tBd6EZw.

The full list of games that won't be on sale much longer is here: http://www.gog.com/news/last_chance_...rm_summer_sale
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Defenders Quest is 67% off this week on steam, which puts it at $5. It's basically a cross between an RPG and tower defense. It's good, you should all buy it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Defenders Quest is 67% off this week on steam, which puts it at $5. It's basically a cross between an RPG and tower defense. It's good, you should all buy it.
    Straight from the developer's site $5 - via Humble Store - gets DRM free and Steam Key

http://www.defendersquest.com/buy.html

It is what the original Tomb Raider would have been like if they had the tech back then to make it.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I found Anniversary way too long. They should have just chopped at least a third of the game and nothing would be lost. Both Legend and Underworld are more balanced in that regard, particularly Legend. Underworld has some of the best gaming moments with Thor's hammer. I would post some screenshots, but then I already posted them all over the place. Fuck it, here you go.

EDIT: I just noticed, the hair looks really good, and I don't have a AMD card. Hmmm.
    Last edited by somini; 25-06-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    It is what the original Tomb Raider would have been like if they had the tech back then to make it.
    This is possible the stupidest thing I've ever read on a gaming forum - it's so wrong that words have not yet been invented to explain how wrong it is.

He's suggesting that instead of 'Tombs' and puzzles and stuff to solve which even vaguely makes sense for an archaeologist/explorer to be doing - they'd have made a murdering simulator.

If they HAD made that - I don't think we'd have seen a Tomb Raider 2 ;)

This is possible the stupidest thing I've ever read on a gaming forum - it's so wrong that words have not yet been invented to explain how wrong it is.

He's suggesting that instead of 'Tombs' and puzzles and stuff to solve which even vaguely makes sense for an archaeologist/explorer to be doing - they'd have made a murdering simulator.

If they HAD made that - I don't think we'd have seen a Tomb Raider 2 ;)
    Fuck off you retard.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Fuck off you retard.
    Well that escalated quickly!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The Rules

/10char
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    Gamersgate also has massive discounts on Crusader Kings and Victoria. Just make sure to pretend to be british since the discounts are better that way and do remember that the CK2 DLC only works with the gamersgate version of the game.

A handy tip for CK2 and V2 is that you can play multiplayer without having all the DLC. If the host has the DLC you get access to it and can play with all the features of the DLC free of cost.

I guess you can call this a bargain since its free. And I cant be arsed to create a thread for it anyway.

Projekt W phase-2 is free in desura. Its a turn based strategy game where your goal is world domination. I havent tried it yet but it looks promising.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"