Page 442 of 602 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8FUHFC/

Boarderlands GOTY Boarderlands 2+ Season Pass

$21.99 US dollars = 14.3444 British pounds sterling

Talk to me people, are these games worth bothering in single player.
    Do you like

A) Looting lots
    B) Hub based MMO style quests of kill X or collect Y
    C) Levelling up and getting new skills
    D) Mildly crude humour
    E) Comparing stats of weapons
    F) Having lots of dudes to kill

If you answered yes to 3 of these then maybe, if you answered more than 3 then almost certainly. It's actually a lot less grindy in SP because all they do in multiplayer to adjust is give everything more health and make more things spawn.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    It's actually a lot less grindy in SP because all they do in multiplayer to adjust is give everything more health and make more things spawn.
    Yet it felt so much better when playing with friends and I sticked with it for a lot more than when I tried the SP. (I'm talking only about BL1, never tried the 2nd one.)
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Borderlands is surprisingly fun in SP. It appears it's even better in Borderlands 2.

Most of my time in BL2 has been single player. I have enjoyed multiplayer, but with a young son and other obligations, I sometimes have to pause my games and be afk for a few minutes.

I've really enjoyed Borderlands 2, but I struggle to play much of the original. It just doesn't grab me as much and I don't like the interface after playing the second one.

It's a bit grindy but fun in SP.
    Also - the DLCs are quite good additions to the game, so it's well worth the price.

I find the Borderlands franchise to be mindnumbingly boring in single player. Its only redeeming quality as far as I'm concerned is that it's easier to listen to the banter when playing alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Dark souls is on sale at Gamersgate for 11.99$, but you can pretend to be a British gentleman and get it for 5.99 BP (it's around 25% cheaper).
    How do you pretend?

Pip pip and all that... or go to gamersgate.co.uk I'd imagine...

Banned
    sigh does that work? won 't that get your account banned even if it did? Can someone help me smuggle it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    sigh does that work? won 't that get your account banned even if it did? Can someone help me smuggle it?
    I am in Ireland and I have bought from both the gamersgate.com and gamersgate.co.uk without a problem.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I am in Ireland and I have bought from both the gamersgate.com and gamersgate.co.uk without a problem.
    Same. Sweden. The only things that change are the domain and the currency.

EDIT: That said, I wouldn't mind smuggling it for the price of the blue coins.

EDIT 2: I have an extra 20 % off, btw. That would make it about 4.80, I think.
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 27-06-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Network Hub
    Boarderlands GOTY Boarderlands 2+ Season Pass

Nope! Too boring for single player. Co-op is all right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Same. Sweden. The only things that change are the domain and the currency.

EDIT: That said, I wouldn't mind smuggling it for the price of the blue coins.

EDIT 2: I have an extra 20 % off, btw. That would make it about 4.80, I think.
    But it asks for zip code and region. If it doesn't match with my card then it wouldn't work, surely? Also GFWL.

edit: misunderstood what you said. So I paypal you 4.80 pounds or the equivalent currency and that's ok?
    Last edited by hamster; 27-06-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    Most of my time in BL2 has been single player. I have enjoyed multiplayer, but with a young son and other obligations, I sometimes have to pause my games and be afk for a few minutes.

I've really enjoyed Borderlands 2, but I struggle to play much of the original. It just doesn't grab me as much and I don't like the interface after playing the second one.
    Yep. Borderlands is entirely superseded by the sequel so there's really no reason to play it any more, unfortunately. Also I'd say well over four fifths of my time has been SP, too many 'hats, modders and hackers in MP, though hosting your own game is fun from time to time provided you're not afraid to kick people for almost no reason because you suspect they're modding or whatever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    There's rarely a weekend when Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is not on sale - and it once again is 66% off on Steam. Perhaps more interesting, if an altogether different genre, is the other Steam weekend sale Endless Space.

Speaking of sales: after the 24th of June in 2010, the 30th of June in 2011 and the 12th of July in 2012 - it seems the Steam Summer Sale is once again going to start at some Thursday in July this year.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 27-06-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    They even redirect you to the co.uk site for titles they're only allowed to sell in GBP, so I highly doubt they would ban you for doing the same. I bought multiple times via co.uk without any issues.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by People
    Stuff about Boarderlands
    Yeah, kinda confirmed my suspicions. I own BL1 from a free give away, I guess I need to bother downloading it from the terrible servers of the service I got it from for free.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    But it asks for zip code and region. If it doesn't match with my card then it wouldn't work, surely? Also GFWL.

edit: misunderstood what you said. So I paypal you 4.80 pounds or the equivalent currency and that's ok?
    Yep. However, it seems it's 6.79 now, so that would make it 5.43 after discount. Let's say 5.50 after currency exchange fees. Send me a PM with your e-mail if you're interested.

Network Hub
    Space Pirates & Zombies is 80% off on Steam, and it's also a free weekend event for it as well so you can give it a go.

I never got far into it myself, but the game is definitely worth at least looking at for the price; there was even a completely free expansion adding in Bounty Hunters.

It looks like Assassin's Creed 3 is $11 at GameFly (w/ coupon). The website says that it requires UPlay--is there any chance the game would activate on Steam after purchase (I don't think so, but I figured I'd ask).