Page 443 of 609 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Perhaps more interesting, if an altogether different genre, is the other Steam weekend sale Endless Space.
    Haven't seen it any cheaper, so I wonder if it'll go deeper in the Summer sale. I think I've been putting it off despite enjoying 4X titles due to the combat, which apparently feels phoned in and gets repetitive. Is this right/has this changed at all?
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sqeenix Store is selling almost everything cheap again - too many things to list but new (to that store) are DS and DS 2 (both Steam keys) for 1.25 each (DS3 is a whopping 2.50!!)

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...ownload/rpg/1/

That's the cheapest I've ever seen those - I sold a retail box DS2 for 15 last year!!

Startopia for 1 is a popular one too

Generally the DLC/client is listed on the page - if it's not Steam it's most likely DRM-free unless stated otehrwise tho, I got the TR re-releases from there and they're just downloadable installers with no codes, checkers, clients or anything else.

Check before you leap tho
    Last edited by trjp; 28-06-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I've never tried the Magic Carpet games. They sound interesting, but look horrible. Should I put up with the graphics and try to enjoy them anyway? How have they aged (beyond graphics)? Also, are there any modern games that are similar? A remake would be awesome, but that might be a tad optimistic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Sqeenix Store is selling almost everything cheap again - too many things to list but new (to that store) are DS and DS 2 (both Steam keys) for 1.25 each (DS3 is a whopping 2.50!!)

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/eme...ownload/rpg/1/
    Any idea whether you can use Paypal there? Seems like you have to make an account to find that out...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    It looks like Assassin's Creed 3 is $11 at GameFly (w/ coupon). The website says that it requires UPlay--is there any chance the game would activate on Steam after purchase (I don't think so, but I figured I'd ask).
    It might activate on Steam, but even if it does, running it through Steam would probably just open another uPlay window. Certainly that's how AssRev worked.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Any idea whether you can use Paypal there? Seems like you have to make an account to find that out...
    You can - alongside UKash, sofort, paysafe and direct card payments

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    It might activate on Steam, but even if it does, running it through Steam would probably just open another uPlay window. Certainly that's how AssRev worked.
    All the AC games need UPlay - and UBI games only give Steam keys if bought from Steam or specifically mentioned as such.

Given that it just adds a launcher to a launcher, I'm not sure why you'd care?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    Haven't seen it any cheaper, so I wonder if it'll go deeper in the Summer sale. I think I've been putting it off despite enjoying 4X titles due to the combat, which apparently feels phoned in and gets repetitive. Is this right/has this changed at all?
    It's minimalist, for sure. It doesn't feel any more repetitive than bonking two units together in Civ. I really like it; I find tactical battles really low down the game and only offer interesting decisions 5% of the time.

I'm somewhat tempted by the Endless Space sale on Steam, but with the impending Summer Sale approaching, am not sure I should pick it up just yet. Of course, with my backlog, I suppose I could feasibly wait till the holiday sale 2014 to pick it up. :^\

Given that it just adds a launcher to a launcher, I'm not sure why you'd care?
    Ok, thanks, I'm not too familiar with how Uplay works--I only knew it as the thing that pops up in the background when I try to play the Assassin's Creed series on Steam. You're saying it's an installer like Steam or Origin?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ok, thanks, I'm not too familiar with how Uplay works--I only knew it as the thing that pops up in the background when I try to play the Assassin's Creed series on Steam. You're saying it's an installer like Steam or Origin?
    Steam-sourced UPLAY games are updated through Steam but running them from Steam launches UPLAY (because it manages their online stuff - you can set it into offline mode if you wish, of course) from which you have to launch the game. If you run UPLAY and try to run a Steam-sourced game it will run Steam (because that does the update checking) before running it!!

UPLAY games sourced outside of Steam just install via/update via UPLAY - although you will probably have to download the game from wherever you get it first - UPLAY then either install if you don't have it or pickup the game if you do. You can 'enter a code' into UPLAY but it's flaky-as-hell.

Until recently, Steam-sourced UPLAY games each had their own version of UPLAY which was a real PITA - at least it's all-in-one now.

Ask my anything else - UBI CS are my best friends, I've got cases open with them which are 4 months old - we send cards for anniversaries and everything...

UPLAY games sourced outside of Steam just install via/update via UPLAY - although you will probably have to download the game from wherever you get it first - UPLAY then either install if you don't have it or pickup the game if you do. You can 'enter a code' into UPLAY but it's flaky-as-hell.
    Hmm, ok, thanks, maybe I'll just wait to see the Steam summer sale price rather than trying to deal with this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm, ok, thanks, maybe I'll just wait to see the Steam summer sale price rather than trying to deal with this.
    The only real difference is

Buy from Steam - download from Steam, must have Steam running to update/play - UPLAY also required and will be installed/launched by Steam if it's not running EVERY TIME

Buy from elsewhere - download from wherever you bought it from, will install UPLAY if you don't have it first-time, will then update/launch from UPLAY thereon-in

Some games can be registered in UPLAY with a code but it's shonky so assume that happens with everything and you'll be fine.

Note: UPLAY will redownload games it's "seen" anytime you like thereafter EXCEPT Steam-sourced ones...

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I just noticed that Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is today's daily deal on Steam.

Is this the "definitive version" of Street Fighter IV (I'm aware of the fact that there were quite a few iterations)? Are all of the DLC's costume packs or is there anything that expands the game in a meaningful way? Is the community for online multiplayer still alive?

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    The Secret World is $10 on Amazon - until July 3, I believe.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I just noticed that Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is today's daily deal on Steam.

Is this the "definitive version" of Street Fighter IV (I'm aware of the fact that there were quite a few iterations)? Are all of the DLC's costume packs or is there anything that expands the game in a meaningful way? Is the community for online multiplayer still alive?
    Community still alive, and it means you get several extra characters to play with.
    Don't purchase this game and expect to be able to play it with a 360 controller or your keyboard, however. Both are highly inadequate. You need a proper fight pad or stick. Not to say you can't TRY with a 360 controller, but it feels unpleasant to use and is highly unreliable at actually deploying your moves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    You can - alongside UKash, sofort, paysafe and direct card payments
    Thanks. Odd they don't write the options anywhere in their various support pages and FAQs.

I had decided not to buy anything, but eventually succumbed to nostalgia and got Dungeon Siege 1, 2 and 3, even though it seemed uncertain that DS1 and 2 would actually run on Win8, but DS1 does (even in 1020x1080. GUI gets rather small, though), so I assume DS2 will too.

Activated Node
    I'm sure someone mentioned it already, but I'm really tempting for Unreal Tournament 2004 from GOG for a fiver.
    I used to play UT2003 a lot back then, any idea if the servers are still alive?

On another note, I highly recommend the Kain and Raziel saga for $5.96 on GOG as well.
    Excellent story, good puzzles, okay fights.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XisLoose View Post
    I'm sure someone mentioned it already, but I'm really tempting for Unreal Tournament 2004 from GOG for a fiver.
    I used to play UT2003 a lot back then, any idea if the servers are still alive?

On another note, I highly recommend the Kain and Raziel saga for $5.96 on GOG as well.
    Excellent story, good puzzles, okay fights.
    No idea about servers for UT2k4 as I never used to do much multiplayer, but the bots always held up fantastically like they did in the previous games. So you can still get a load of fun from the game even by yourself.

Always wanted to get into the Soul Reaver games but nothing kills my interest faster than health-drain mechanics. I spent so much of SR1 and SR2 redoing parts of the spirit world just because shitty camera angles fouled my platforming, causing health to reach zero too soon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'm fairly certain UT2k4 is one of those games that is still thriving, as well.
    steam: sketch