Page 447 of 596 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,940 of 11918

Thread: PC Bargains

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I is currently displaying as $-0.51 for me, as its listed as having 107% discount. might be worth buying at that price?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    GameFly is having an 'Indie-pendence' sale here. I'm kind of tempted by BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2 (5.41) and Sanctum 2 (4.99). Kairo is 1.66 too, but doesn't register on Steam and I want to kill their client so forget that. The other two are Steam keys though.

Hmmmm...

Network Hub
    Savygamer says that GFDJUL20UK works so that's an extra 20% off the two games.

As for the Sonics, I would recommend Generations, Sonics 1-3&K and CD, as well as Racing Transformed. The Sonic 4 games are some of the poorer 2D versions, but are still worth looking at if you have cash to throw around. Adventure 1 is ok but I remember reading that the PC port is rather poor, the game is ok otherwise but nothing special. Adventure 2 I enjoyed more than 1, but again it doesn't come close to the 2D games and Generations 3D levels, but if you get them the DLC for both is also worth it. Also, if you get Generations, check out the Unleashed mod for even more lovely content. The Racing Transformed DLC is just a character and a track but it's so cheap you might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post
    Savygamer says that GFDJUL20UK works so that's an extra 20% off the two games.
    Thanks, I spotted that on the site just before I placed the order. It works, so I got both for just under 9. Weirdly it didn't ask me for my Paypal login, it just said it would be charged to my account... Possibly because I'd just logged in to pay for something else (see below)? I got my keys and redeemed them already, but whatever.

Also, I bought They Bleed Pixels from GMG, but it never let me enter the coupon code. I mean, yeah, it was less than a 20p discount or something, but still... What gives? I added the game to the basket, checked out and it took me straight to the payment options page, skipping the bit about adding a coupon. Meh.

I think that coupon code for gmg has expired.

Here is the new 10$ voucher: GMG10-VTTCS-VYH18
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 04-07-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I is currently displaying as $-0.51 for me, as its listed as having 107% discount. might be worth buying at that price?
    That's funny, they'd have to pay me to play that game anyhow. Strong endorsement of: avoid. Episode 2 is acceptable, but still not good. For the cost of them, you could by the classic trilogy and half-way towards CD, or put a little more in to getting Racing Transformed or Generations.

As for the Sonics, I would recommend Generations, Sonics 1-3&K and CD, as well as Racing Transformed. The Sonic 4 games are some of the poorer 2D versions, but are still worth looking at if you have cash to throw around. Adventure 1 is ok but I remember reading that the PC port is rather poor, the game is ok otherwise but nothing special. // Also, if you get Generations, check out the Unleashed mod for even more lovely content. The Racing Transformed DLC is just a character and a track but it's so cheap you might as well.
    I'll echo these sentiments, basically, although I'll say that I don't think Adventure 1 holds up at all, even as of a few years ago when I tried out the Gamecube version (which if I'm led to believe is actually the best version). Haven't played Adventure 2, so won't comment either way.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    GameFly is having an 'Indie-pendence' sale here. I'm kind of tempted by BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2 (5.41) and Sanctum 2 (4.99). Kairo is 1.66 too, but doesn't register on Steam and I want to kill their client so forget that. The other two are Steam keys though.

Hmmmm...
    Runner 2 has been my indie surprise of the year so far. the old one was kinda obnoxiously hard and I never got into the other bit.trip rythm games, but this one is bursting of 60's retro charme instead of the other retro charm that bit.trip games seem so fond of, and is just a jolly and well-balanced audio-visual experience (I like calling my games that).

Get Kairo straight from the developer, then you get it for android as well. good deal anytime.

Thanks, I spotted that on the site just before I placed the order. It works, so I got both for just under 9. Weirdly it didn't ask me for my Paypal login, it just said it would be charged to my account... Possibly because I'd just logged in to pay for something else (see below)? I got my keys and redeemed them already, but whatever.
    Very tempted by Expeditions: Conquistador for a tenner. Just not sure if it'll be any cheaper in the Steam sale. My guess is it won't be but you never know.
    Last edited by PeteC; 05-07-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    One of the weekend deals on Steam is Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, for 75% off.
    Speaking of which ... Is anyone interested in splitting a 4-Pack? It'd end up costing 4.19 / 3.31 / $ 5.00 per copy instead of the regular sales price of 6.24 / 4.99 / $ 7.49 (depending on the region the buyer resides in). The UK price is cheapest, followed by the US, but not by a huge margin; it's actually reasonably priced across all regions.

If there's enough interest but no UK/US buyer available, I could buy the thing for the price displayed above.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Ill go in on a 4 pack - from EU though so I can't get us sexy prices.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Rise of Flight is having a summer sale with 50% off:

http://riseofflight.com/en/store

Or you could buy the Iron Cross edition, which will probably go on sale soon at gamersgate:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ROFICE/...-cross-edition

Note that some of the new features(channel map etc) can only be obtained through the Rise of Flight website.

EDIT: Iron Cross Edition is on sale on their own website also:

http://riseofflight.com/en/store/demoupgrades

Although GG has some exclusiv plane thingy, which I think is rather futile but oh well...
    Last edited by pepper; 05-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Speaking of which ... Is anyone interested in splitting a 4-Pack? It'd end up costing € 4.19 / 3.31 / $ 5.00 per copy instead of the regular sales price of € 6.24 / 4.99 / $ 7.49 (depending on the region the buyer resides in). The UK price is cheapest, followed by the US, but not by a huge margin; it's actually reasonably priced across all regions.

If there's enough interest but no UK/US buyer available, I could buy the thing for the € price displayed above.
    I'd be interested in a 4-pack. I'm from the EU too, so stuck with €. I can step out if a UK/US guy turns up and you need a space.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Anyone know if the Sleeping Dogs deal on GMG includes the best of the DLC? I browsed around and it apparently doesn't include everything. Here is what it includes:

Sleeping Dogs - Limited edition
    Sleeping Dogs - Dragon Master Pack
    Sleeping Dogs - Swat DLC
    Sleeping Dogs - The Street Racer Pack
    Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point
    Sleeping Dogs - Wheels of Fury
    Sleeping Dogs - Year of the Snake
    Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    The Sleeping Dogs DLC that features new content:

Nightmare in North Point
    Zodiac Tournament
    Year of the Snake

The rest are mostly cosmetic packs, a few have new vehicles or missions but they add nothing to the game whatsoever beyond a distraction. It might be worth waiting for the Steam sale as it's sure to go 75% off on that at some point and then buy the worthwhile DLC individually, although it looks like you'd only save a small amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Anyone know if the Sleeping Dogs deal on GMG includes the best of the DLC? I browsed around and it apparently doesn't include everything. Here is what it includes:

Sleeping Dogs - Limited edition
    Sleeping Dogs - Dragon Master Pack
    Sleeping Dogs - Swat DLC
    Sleeping Dogs - The Street Racer Pack
    Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point
    Sleeping Dogs - Wheels of Fury
    Sleeping Dogs - Year of the Snake
    Sleeping Dogs - Zodiac Tournament

The Dragon Master pack is a pack of five other (costume) DLCs. The SWAT pack might add some sub-missions because the Steam page for it says "Patrol the streets in an armoured SWAT van and respond to multiple emergency situations across Hong Kong", so who knows, that might just be them implying there's new stuff to do but it might just be that you can coincidentally use the van whilst doing other missions where you might respond to emergency situations. The Street Racer pack adds three races as well as whatever else, Wheels of Fury adds a James Bond-esque carmobile which is upgraded by completing a set of five missions.

All in all, that's all the good DLC. The rest is costumes, but one (the Ghost Pig) is free, there's also a free HD texture pack you can get from Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Heads up, Sleeping Dogs is also up for sale in nuuvem. Just the base game, no DLCs, for what equals to about 5.20 eurobucks.

I'm considering buying the base game there then wait for the Steam sale to hand pick the DLCs I want.

I'm in for a 4-pack too, but I live in Australia, and dependent on a UK/US buyer. Is it possible to pay other users using Steam Wallet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The Sleeping Dogs DLC that features new content:

Nightmare in North Point
    Zodiac Tournament
    Year of the Snake

The rest are mostly cosmetic packs, a few have new vehicles or missions but they add nothing to the game whatsoever beyond a distraction. It might be worth waiting for the Steam sale as it's sure to go 75% off on that at some point and then buy the worthwhile DLC individually, although it looks like you'd only save a small amount.
    The Dragon Master pack is a pack of five other (costume) DLCs. The SWAT pack might add some sub-missions because the Steam page for it says "Patrol the streets in an armoured SWAT van and respond to multiple emergency situations across Hong Kong", so who knows, that might just be them implying there's new stuff to do but it might just be that you can coincidentally use the van whilst doing other missions where you might respond to emergency situations. The Street Racer pack adds three races as well as whatever else, Wheels of Fury adds a James Bond-esque carmobile which is upgraded by completing a set of five missions.

All in all, that's all the good DLC. The rest is costumes, but one (the Ghost Pig) is free, there's also a free HD texture pack you can get from Steam.
    Thanks for the input. I went ahead and bought the pack as I'm flush with money right now and the game looks like something I'd get a lot of enjoyment out of.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Ill go in on a 4 pack - from EU though so I can't get us sexy prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    I'd be interested in a 4-pack. I'm from the EU too, so stuck with . I can step out if a UK/US guy turns up and you need a space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    I'm in for a 4-pack too, but I live in Australia, and dependent on a UK/US buyer.
    That'd make us four, if I'm not mistaken? No UK/US buyer, granted, but the GBP vs. EUR price would make a difference of 0.35 per copy at the very best. And that would probably get eaten up by PayPal's shitty exchange rates anyway.

So, are you guys down with the EUR price tag as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Is it possible to pay other users using Steam Wallet?
    I don't think it is. PayPal is probably a necessity for this kind of endeavour, I'm afraid.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    So, are you guys down with the EUR price tag as well?
    Thats cool with me.