Page 454 of 602 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 12038

Thread: PC Bargains

so uh, Origin Sales eh? origindoinitwrong.jpg

There own dam store front doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. Seriously, that's not how sales work.

Those are sale prices?

those are apparently their under $10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    so uh, Origin Sales eh? origindoinitwrong.jpg

There own dam store front doesn't know what the fuck they're doing. Seriously, that's not how sales work.
    Odd, they're showing as $9.99 with some $4.99 here in Australia.

If anyone is still playing Sim"city", and wants to get ripped off 50% less than usual, then the British, French and German city sets are half price at Gamefly:

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga...100&cat=OnSale
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Also, Get Games have one of their Reloaded offers, choose four indie titles for 5. I'd struggle to choose four, but there are a few good 'uns (Gemini Rue, Binding of Isaac)

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    those are apparently their under $10 games.
    I'd pay $9.99 to know what Origin.com's bounce rate is. Probably not quite as high as that of their deals page.

Retro City Rampage is still $2.99 for the next 15hrs or so from the developer's site, to match the Steam flash sale that has just finished. Humble Store, DRM-free and choice of Steam key or 'GOG key' (beats me what that is when GOG is DRM-free to begin with, but if you like to add things to your GOG games page you can do so). In that's a bit cheaper than the Steam sale and also the last GOG one I think.

The reviews curbed my initial enthusiasm to buy this on release and I put it on the B-list sale wishlist. So for $3, why the hell not. Even if playing it will probably just give me a headache.
    Last edited by Colonel J; 22-07-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Obscure Node
    Giana Sisters for €2,99 on Steam, cheapest as I've seen it. My conscience is clean from missing out on most of the summer sale, so I'm getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by valuum View Post
    Giana Sisters for €2,99 on Steam, cheapest as I've seen it. My conscience is clean from missing out on most of the summer sale, so I'm getting it.
    I reckon that's the way they plan seasonal sales these days "we gotta save something decent for the other 47 weeks"
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I reckon that's the way they plan seasonal sales these days "we gotta save something decent for the other 47 weeks"
    Yeah, I had a feeling it would go like this, since it was never discounted during the sale. It's been cheaper on GOG for Europeans (€2.99>$3.74), but I wanted it on Steam so I pounced like a rabid ferret.

Network Hub
    What I wanted during the sales was a 66% on Silent Hunters (wanted to buy the U-Boat Missions and the V) but no luck...

Gun Monekys's price has been cut and also you get a second copy for free when you buy the game.

Kentucky Route Zero season pass is 50% off on Steam's daily deal. Makes up for not getting voted up in the recent sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231200/

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Kentucky Route Zero season pass is 50% off on Steam's daily deal. Makes up for not getting voted up in the recent sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231200/
    If you buy it in their humble store, you can get a steam key + drm free version

http://kentuckyroutezero.com/
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    What I wanted during the sales was a 66% on Silent Hunters (wanted to buy the U-Boat Missions and the V) but no luck...
    Silent Hunter III, IV, and V are all 50% off on GamersGate http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=silent%20hunter

Each individual piece of content (full game or DLC expansion) is less than $5. This may not be what you wanted, but I thought I would mention it since they are a little hidden in GamersGate.

EDIT: I just realized that I should mention that GamersGate versions may not be compatitble with Steam versions (not sure myself, but be warned) and GG is reporting the presence of Tages DRM for these games. DRM tolerance is a personal preference, but I thought I should mention it.
    Last edited by AntediluvianArk; 23-07-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm reasonably sure that the DRM was patched out of SH4 after causing all sorts of problems early on.

SH5 was one of the first games to use UbiDRM. Boo, hiss, etc.

King Arthurs Gold has caught my eye again, this time pay what you want on IndieGameStand. What's the verdict? I remember early versions being compared to (the original) Ace of Spades as Terraria was to Minecraft, which I would state is a good thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    King Arthurs Gold has caught my eye again, this time pay what you want on IndieGameStand. What's the verdict? I remember early versions being compared to (the original) Ace of Spades as Terraria was to Minecraft, which I would state is a good thing.
    I am interested in this verdict too; when I tried it last time it was very early on, so I didn't get a good sense for how it would turn out.

In other news, there's Trine 2 for $3 on Steam obviously, but slightly less well known is this: the Trine 2 three-pack is also on sale, for $6! And that's useful because if you want to play on two computers in your very own home with your very own spouse, you will need to own two copies of the game on two separate Steam accounts. (Of course you could just buy it from the Humble Store for $15 and have all the Trine 2 you need, as well).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'd argue that buying a game 'DRM free' does not entitle more than one person to play it at the same time (I said this on Reddit once and got savaged by morons but I'm probably a BIT safer here!?)

Some developers explicitly allow this on a 'same household' basis, but most developers don't intend 'DRM free' to mean '2 people playing 1 licensed copy of their game at the same time' - thus what you're talking about is 'piracy' as much as giving copies to your mates or even sharing it on the Internet is...

At this point people will "ah but I don't see it like that" but that's not the point - the point of copyright is that the copyright holder decides what you can do with their copyrighted works and so what you think, as a licensee, means nothing.

At this point someone will say Trine's developers are good with some multiplayering with a single copy - which would be lovely - but my point stands that most developers aren't (let's be honest - they'd not sell multipacks if they were...)
    Last edited by trjp; 24-07-2013 at 12:16 AM.