Page 456 of 586 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,120 of 11711

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    If you buy all 3 Stalker games GamersGate has them 50 cents cheaper than Steam. $12 instead of $12.50
    But if you look at the DRM it says Tages.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    But if you look at the DRM it says Tages.
    If you look at the forums it says that it has 2 Tages files but they do not activate.

Crusader Kings II 75% off on Steam, including Old Gods DLC.

how is CK2?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    how is CK2?
    About the best ever.

Yeah I've been reading up on it and it sounds pretty darn amazing. my wallet is still bleeding from the summer sale though...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    Yeah I've been reading up on it and it sounds pretty darn amazing. my wallet is still bleeding from the summer sale though...
    Just remember to turn off/leave out the shitty Aztec DLC.

Actually, that raises an interesting question: is it even possible to turn DLC's on and off in the Steam version? Usually Steam gives you no choice about installing DLC's...
    Last edited by vinraith; 27-07-2013 at 07:58 PM.

In the steam version you manage the dlc from the game launcher so you don't have any problem. You can activate or deactivate them whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    In the steam version you manage the dlc from the game launcher so you don't have any problem. You can activate or deactivate them whenever you want.
    Interesting, so it's just like the Gamersgate version. That's good, that kind of control is really important here.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    Wow, that didn't take long to get a big discount. Bought, along with several of the music ones for 24p a pop.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Network Hub
    Bought every DLC I didn't aleady have (most cosmetic ones and The Old Gods) for $12.57.
    The Complete DLC Pack is at $12.50 but as there's no way to empty the cart I thought the seven cents were a reasonable price for not having to click "Remove" 17 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyshines View Post
    Waiting for the Old Gods finally payed off! Good thing I still have spare change from selling cards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    So i know what not to buy what is the aztec dlc called?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Sunset Invasion. Irrelevant to CK II , IMHO.
    Last edited by Spinoza; 27-07-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Actually, that raises an interesting question: is it even possible to turn DLC's on and off in the Steam version? Usually Steam gives you no choice about installing DLC's...
    Why? Whats wrong with the Sunset invasion dlc? Although I haven't encounter it, I think its only 50% chance of happening?

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Why? Whats wrong with the Sunset invasion dlc? Although I haven't encounter it, I think its only 50% chance of happening?
    Aztecs invading dark age Europe, that's what's wrong with it. I've got nothing against fun alt history, but that's just moronic.

Aztecs invading dark age Europe, that's what's wrong with it. I've got nothing against fun alt history, but that's just moronic.
    Yeah, I'm not sold on the concept either. I'm trying it out in my current game though, but haven't gotten to that point in time yet (and probably won't). Playing as the sadistic, inbreeding king of Ireland, Scotland and Wales (put the wife on the English throne. For now...). My vassals were bugging me, so I revoked them. I have a personal demesne of 115, I think. No vassals whatsoever. It's working surprisingly well. Obviously, I don't make the same amount of money that I would if my holdings were run by people with time (and skill) for them, but it's fine. Since having too many holdings doesn't affect relationships beyond vassals, that doesn't affect me. With no vassals pestering me, I can do what I want! Yay! I have a cruel and lustful bishop that I send the younglings to. I don't know if it's him or my stubborn inbreeding policy, but I'm seeing a lot of possessed people in my family. The only person I'm somewhat careful around is my spymaster. Daddy died in an ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sold on the concept either.
    It's just such an odd thing to put in a game that is otherwise so grounded in historical flavor.

I also probably don't want to know how many people now believe there was an Aztec invasion of Europe in that era because of this. *shudder*

Nil desperandum , vinraith , Nil desperandum .;-)

It's just such an odd thing to put in a game that is otherwise so grounded in historical flavor.

I also probably don't want to know how many people now believe there was an Aztec invasion of Europe in that era because of this. *shudder*
    Well, I sort of understand the reasoning for adding some late-game challenge, but I don't like the implementation. If you're playing as an expansionist power, chances are you'll be big enough to handle them without too much trouble anyway (I tend to steamroll the Mongols when I go for gold), and if you're playing as some minor power you'll probably snap like a twig when they land. I don't mind them using the Mongols in the same capacity, since that's sort of what happened, but they could have used a bit more imagination here, I think. Then again, it is optional.

Do they have a mechanic for the Black Death? I've never played a game to the end, but that could really stir things up in a good and suitable way.