Page 457 of 602 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,140 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bubonic Plague is in there, but acts as a transmissable disease just like any other (albeit somewhat more contagious and deadly).

Doesn't seem to have been as devastating as in reality, but it can certainly have a big impact.

Not a bargain as such, but I love the fact that the Papers, Please dev has answered the question of "how much will it cost?" via a minigame: http://papersplea.se/
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Not a bargain as such, but I love the fact that the Papers, Please dev has answered the question of "how much will it cost?" via a minigame: http://papersplea.se/
    pretty cool! also a very good price point. I feel like the 9-14 bucks frame is appropriate for games like these where you're not really sure what you're in for.

I still hope the final boss in Papers Please is going to be Snowden.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Looking to get Expeditions: Conquistador. Can always use more HOMM type gameplay. On sale for 39 more hours on Steam. at 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Looking to get Expeditions: Conquistador. Can always use more HOMM type gameplay. On sale for 39 more hours on Steam. at 50% off.
    So that's why I felt a lack of a sale... :-/

Paper, Please is great. I love it. And I don't know why.

Activated Node
    CK2 is now free with the EU4 preorder. Most people interested in EU4 probably already have it, but I didn't.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Driver: San Francisco is $5 on Gamersgate today. I recall it having a pretty strong reputation around here.

The description is... odd. Any comments? Paging Dr. Centric, Dr. Helio Centric.
    Last edited by vinraith; 30-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Driver: San Francisco is $5 on Gamersgate today. I recall it having a pretty strong reputation around here.
    What?! €2.49??? Goddammit, I bought it from the Steam Summer Sale for €6.49. Siiiiigh.

It's extremely good game, nevertheless. Superb soundtrack.

Network Hub
    Guild Wars 2 is 16.99 from http://www.simplycdkeys.com/guild-wa...omepage_banner I actually brought it from them a few weeks ago and they sent me what looked like a photocopy of a key, I couldn't copy and paste it, had to do it the old fashion way and type it in, still, it worked.

Network Hub

It's a very fun game, i do recommend it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

You like puzzle games don't you little vinny? How about crashing cars, you like virtual automotive destruction right? Okay, now eliminate all chance of anyone getting run over, set it to the theme of fever dream meets 70's TeeVee and set the blender to puree.

Yes, you can actually race the races, or you can cheat and plow a fuel tanker into the opposition and automagicaly win. So you apply mixed skill sets to various problems, huge detailed environment, mix and match linear story missions with 'I bet you can't do X' challenges and the best ambient chatter I have experienced in my life. Yes, the pool of music eventually feels small but as this is a pc game that's not really am issue.

Oh, and you'll need a 360 pad but the controls are extremely elegant.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You like puzzle games don't you little vinny? How about crashing cars, you like virtual automotive destruction right? Okay, now eliminate all chance of anyone getting run over, set it to the theme of fever dream meets 70's TeeVee and set the blender to puree.
    This makes it sound like crash mode in the old Burnout games (cause the most expensive accident possible) but I gather that's not really what you're getting at. What kind of "puzzles" are we talking here?

Yes, you can actually race the races, or you can cheat and plow a fuel tanker into the opposition and automagicaly win. So you apply mixed skill sets to various problems, huge detailed environment, mix and match linear story missions with 'I bet you can't do X' challenges and the best ambient chatter I have experienced in my life. Yes, the pool of music eventually feels small but as this is a pc game that's not really am issue.
    This sounds like poor race design, are all the races basically "cheatable" in this way? What kinds of missions are there? How diverse are the "bets?" I'm trying to get a sense of minute by minute gameplay, since this doesn't sound like a typical racing title.

Oh, and you'll need a 360 pad but the controls are extremely elegant.
    Not a problem.

It's not cheating, it's a time management puzzle with asthma cars. It's most certainly not a racing game.

Your early 'missions' might have you driving a slow vehicle to a location, you must protect it from harm while pursuers try and crash into it.

You can either using your situational awareness and driving to avoid the pursuers. Shift into other cars and ram/blockade the pursuers or using the oversight the shifting provides out navigate your pursuers.

You are solving an issue using a set of tools.

In Dwarf fortress if you find a cave filled with demons and you flood it with water and kill everything did you cheat or do you feel like a fucking genius?

While lacking quite the same scope in creativity you are very much forced to think on your feet. Notice a bus at a junction, shift to the bus and park it in your enemies path, need to jump over 3 cars, a car trailer is a perfect mobile ramp.

It's, a puzzle game with cars and a sandbox challenge game.

That's much clearer than any previous description I've read, thank you. That sounds interesting, I think I'll give it a go.

It has a demo... I think.
    http://driver.uk.ubi.com/demo/

Asthma cars was meant to say fast cars but my auto correct is a wise ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Asthma cars was meant to say fast cars but my auto correct is a wise ass.
    I figured it was a Britishism for muscle cars. I'm actually kind of disappointed that it isn't.

Damn, you had really sold me on the asthma cars.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Driver:SF is the best driving GAME that's been released in a decade or more.

It has no pretention to being a sim - no pretention to realism in the handling dept - it's batshit bonkers and it's brilliant from start-to-finish.

There's ONE mission - there's always one isn't there? - which is a bit of a bastard to complete - near the end, of course, but that aside it's a rollicking fairground-ride of a game which uses a brilliant mechanic (jump into any car at any time - use them to ram or to win) - it even has 'get 1st and 2nd place" races :)

You'd have to hate driving games not to own it - and also have no soul.