Page 458 of 585 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,160 of 11692

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Driver: SF is basically Matrix Reloaded Highway Chase: The Game. You're playing as the Agents.

Driver SF is fun, but to me it felt a bit soulless and bland in many respects.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Driver: San Francisco is $5 on Gamersgate today. I recall it having a pretty strong reputation around here.

It's $3.80 in Britomonies
    . I'd prefer Steam+uPlay over just uPlay, though; at least I know one of those isn't about to go up in smoke.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post

It's $3.80 in Britomonies
    . I'd prefer Steam+uPlay over just uPlay, though; at least I know one of those isn't about to go up in smoke.
    What good is having it still on Steam if the Uplay that allows it to run vanishes? It's just as unplayable.

Personally, I think Uplay launches slow enough without adding the minute wait from Steam on top of it. Also, UPlay's offline mode actually works reliably.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    What good is having it still on Steam if the Uplay that allows it to run vanishes? It's just as unplayable.

Personally, I think Uplay launches slow enough without adding the minute wait from Steam on top of it. Also, UPlay's offline mode actually works reliably.
    1. A maybe-false-but-I'm-not-Chicken-Little sense of security
    2. When I'm without Internet, it's almost invariably because I'm doing non-Internet-related things. And when I'm not, I'm fixing the damned Internet.

Wow, the new Humble Bundle is a bargain!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDavies View Post
    Driver SF is fun, but to me it felt a bit soulless and bland in many respects.
    That's what she... Wait, I mean.

Your mom!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That's what she... Wait, I mean.

Your mom!
    Women play videogames?!

Expeditions: Dear Watson, sorry, Conqusitador, is half price on steam, eight hundred and ninety nine pence. Not played it or bought it, do intend to do so, but it is not this day
    Last edited by sonson; 31-07-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Women play videogames?!
    A terrible rumour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    2. When I'm without Internet, it's almost invariably because I'm doing non-Internet-related things. And when I'm not, I'm fixing the damned Internet.
    1. I still don't get it. How is adding an extra DRM layer going to help when the required DRM layer breaks? It's not either/or.

2. Spoken like someone that's never had to wait 48 hours for his internet service people to mail him new hardware because his router is fried. Lucky you.

2. Spoken like someone that's never had to wait 48 hours for his internet service people to mail him new hardware because his router is fried. Lucky you.
    Had a provider try to charge me for a mandatory bespoke router when the original died after 2 years, I asked to be put through to the contract cancellation department, they quickly changed their story.

We at FireFlower Games are having a Cross-Store Summer Sale.
    Most games are 25% off on FireFlower Games through August 4. You will also earn after-purchase credits to ShinyLoot or Gameolith. You will earn $1 in credits for every €5 you spend on FireFlower Games, up to a maximum of $5 in free credits, that can be used on our partner sites. And it works both ways so you will get credits to FireFlower Games when you buy something on their sites.
    Last edited by Fireflower; 01-08-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Carefully selected DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Network Hub
    1. I still don't get it. How is adding an extra DRM layer going to help when the required DRM layer breaks? It's not either/or.
    My vague and not exactly considered hope is that any game that I have registered on Steam, it's Valve/Steam's responsibility to ensure it'll start (for any reason other than those local to my machine).

This, I suspect, will prove to be bollocks when put to the test but I think it's still there in the back of my mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Frozen Synapse is just $4.99 for two copies on Steam right now. Anyone remotely interested should pick it up and join us in the Rock, Paper Synapse league right here in the forums.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I have it, and tried it, but my god I am terrible at it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I use Sky, who insist on you using their hardware (and deploy MAC based authentication to ensure that) but I have my last (shonky but mostly working) box for emergencies AND I have a spare ADSL router hacked to mimic my current box's MAC (purely as an academic exercise - it offered no other benefits).

When my current box died one day, I put my hacked replacement in and felt smug. About 2 hours later I looked at the 'dead' router and noticed it actually had a power switch (I'd never noticed) and that I'd accidentally knocked-it with something... ... ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetetic View Post
    My vague and not exactly considered hope is that any game that I have registered on Steam, it's Valve/Steam's responsibility to ensure it'll start (for any reason other than those local to my machine).
    For the record, on at least 2 occasions I've come across one of my Steam games "not working", usually due to a change in graphics drivers or something like that.

In one of those cases it was a widespread problem and the forums boiled a bit - the publisher/developer had longsince stopped supporting the game and Valve said it wasn't their issue.

When they were reminded that they were still selling the game and presumably passing monies onto someone - they disabled it in the shop for a while.

Then one day it started working again - no idea what happened in the background but SOMEONE fixed it...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    I have it, and tried it, but my god I am terrible at it
    You'll fit right in!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Well, there's a Quakecon sale thing on Steam, but it's pretty underwhelming. 75% off id games and 25% off Bethesda games.

I picked up Frozen Synapse last night. Generally awful at turn-based tacticals. Mild success with Civ games, but have dumped hundreds of hours into them and never played multiplayer. Enjoyed XCOM:Enemy Unknown for awhile, until I threw a tantrum because it felt so unfair to play.

Having little or no experience with playing turn-based games in a multiplayer setting, I was afraid that I would get hit with hate messages for sucking at Frozen Synapse. But in the two matches I lost last night, no one said a word. For a wonder I didn't feel terrible about myself afterwards, but simply delighted in discovering the outcome of each 5-second round, no matter how brutal. At the end of a game, reviewing all the rounds one after another, it struck me how the battle unfolded like a flower. A flower of doom, spelling the inevitable demise of my little green soldiers.

So, yeah. Signed up for Season 22.