Page 463 of 569 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513563 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,260 of 11378

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Nuuvem has been around for quite a while here in Brazil, I never had problems with it (and neither have my friends). I do wonder how they manage to sell new games so cheaply, but I guess it's not that much different from GMG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Nuuvem has been around for quite a while here in Brazil, I never had problems with it (and neither have my friends). I do wonder how they manage to sell new games so cheaply, but I guess it's not that much different from GMG.
    Yeah, I've seen them for a while now, and they usually have REALLY good deals. And I vaguely recall issues regarding the regions of their keys, which is why it smells like key reseller to me.

I just know that some people really like Paradox (issues not withstanding), and this definitely seems questionable considering how recently EU4 was released.

They're probably okay, but just be wary.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I was a little wary of buying from them too but took the plunge and purchased Saints Row IV from them the other day for about £21. Almost half what Steam are selling it for was enough for me to shove any concerns I had to one side. Not at all sure when they'll send the key now though with the staggered release dates.

I currently live in the UK so can i purchase EU4 from Nuveem and use it with my Steam account? Just making sure before i try.

I've used Nuuvem on numerous occasions and never had any problems with it. I'm not sure how pre-orders work, but I'll find out when Rome 2 drops.

EDIT: I've bought DRM-free games, Steam games and Uplay games there.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I was a little wary of buying from them too but took the plunge and purchased Saints Row IV from them the other day for about £21. Almost half what Steam are selling it for was enough for me to shove any concerns I had to one side. Not at all sure when they'll send the key now though with the staggered release dates.
    This, however, may not have been such a good idea. IIRC, SR4 is/will be heavily region locked, meaning that Brazilian keys will probably not work in the UK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Generally speaking, the biggest issues when buying keys are EA and Deep Silver.

In both cases you get multiple versions of their games for differing markets - EA are particularly brilliant at this but DS have shown themselves to be enthusiastic about pissing their customers around in the same way.

If it's a Steam key, you SHOULD be able to get it working with a proxy - but Steam frown on this stuff and you can end-up wasting a lot of time.

Origin games from the wrong 'market' are pretty much useless tho.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I'm afraid SR4 has a Brazilian version which is very likely what you've purchased. http://steamdb.info/sub/29296/

It's usually a good idea to check the steam database for possible region locked versions of games you want to purchase on nuuvem.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    So for someone EU/UK based where is the best place to buy IV? I want it, but not 40 quid want it :(
    steam: sketch

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Steam has had those odd, not very advertised, week long sales for a while now. Another current one is the Total War series.
    The week long deals are at least announced in Steam's news section. This, however ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    It's usually a good idea to check the steam database for possible region locked versions of games you want to purchase on nuuvem.
    I cannot recommend this enough. I made a habit of double-checking every purchase with the slightest possibility of having a region-specific version on SteamDB.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisme View Post
    I currently live in the UK so can i purchase EU4 from Nuveem and use it with my Steam account? Just making sure before i try.
    I'm in the Uk, I did this yesterday evening, key accepted fine and game installed ok.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    So for someone EU/UK based where is the best place to buy IV? I want it, but not 40 quid want it :(
    Green Man Gaming with a 20% off voucher is your best bet. Deep Silver have really locked it down to the point where there isn't even retail copies available at launch, just the £40 digital version. If they are scummy enough to charge that much for a barely updated version of the last game from 2011, they could at least release it the same day as everyone else, it's not like retailers would complain.

I'm still not sure if I'm buying it yet, I want it and want the experience but unless my co-op buddy and I plan a full weekend marathon through to the bank holiday it won't be worth it.

Voucher is GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN.

To the Moon is the Daily Deal on Steam at 2 euro.

Also, Mousechief's Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble is 2.85 euro as part of one of the weekly deals. I haven't played it, but really enjoyed what I've played so far of 7 Grand Steps by the same developer.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Time for a pro to dish out some advice on SR4.

I spoke to Nuuvem, who have been the cheapest place to order it from for a while. They had described it as being region free up until recently (I think yesterday). They have sourced some region free keys, however, so anyone who has ordered it from outside Brazil before they noted that it was Brazil only will be receiving a region free key.

They are also going to have a separate listing for the region free version in a few days time, but they couldn't confirm if it will be the same price as the Brazilian version.

There's a few other places that claim to have a region free version available for cheap, but I figured it would be best to wait and confirm that they are, rather than encourage people to buy serials that might not work for them.

I will have the best deal listed on SavyGamer once I have been able to confirm it's validity. I am pretty confident I will be able to find it for sub-£25, but we'll have to wait and see.

Borderland 2 - MAC $4.99 @ gametap (I haven't bought anything in this site yet.)

Since its steamplay its not a problem for us PC users.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by Lewie Procter View Post
    Time for a pro to dish out some advice on SR4.

I spoke to Nuuvem, who have been the cheapest place to order it from for a while. They had described it as being region free up until recently (I think yesterday). They have sourced some region free keys, however, so anyone who has ordered it from outside Brazil before they noted that it was Brazil only will be receiving a region free key.

They are also going to have a separate listing for the region free version in a few days time, but they couldn't confirm if it will be the same price as the Brazilian version.

There's a few other places that claim to have a region free version available for cheap, but I figured it would be best to wait and confirm that they are, rather than encourage people to buy serials that might not work for them.

I will have the best deal listed on SavyGamer once I have been able to confirm it's validity. I am pretty confident I will be able to find it for sub-£25, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Thanks for the advice Bucketmaster. I'll now await the arrival of said deal with gleeful anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I'm afraid SR4 has a Brazilian version which is very likely what you've purchased. http://steamdb.info/sub/29296/

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Generally speaking, the biggest issues when buying keys are EA and Deep Silver.

In both cases you get multiple versions of their games for differing markets - EA are particularly brilliant at this but DS have shown themselves to be enthusiastic about pissing their customers around in the same way.

If it's a Steam key, you SHOULD be able to get it working with a proxy - but Steam frown on this stuff and you can end-up wasting a lot of time.

Origin games from the wrong 'market' are pretty much useless tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I've used Nuuvem on numerous occasions and never had any problems with it. I'm not sure how pre-orders work, but I'll find out when Rome 2 drops.

EDIT: I've bought DRM-free games, Steam games and Uplay games there.

This, however, may not have been such a good idea. IIRC, SR4 is/will be heavily region locked, meaning that Brazilian keys will probably not work in the UK.
    Oh bugger. I'd heard it was an worldwide Steam key that wasn't region locked? I suppose I was misinformed. I'll have to see if I can cancel that pre-order then.

Wasn't aware of Steam DB. Got it bookmarked for future reference :/

Edit. Just read Lewie's post. Now that's encouraging.
    Last edited by PeteC; 21-08-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post
    Green Man Gaming with a 20% off voucher is your best bet. Deep Silver have really locked it down to the point where there isn't even retail copies available at launch, just the £40 digital version. If they are scummy enough to charge that much for a barely updated version of the last game from 2011, they could at least release it the same day as everyone else, it's not like retailers would complain.

I'm still not sure if I'm buying it yet, I want it and want the experience but unless my co-op buddy and I plan a full weekend marathon through to the bank holiday it won't be worth it.

Voucher is GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN.
    Hmmm thanks. Not sure if it's a big enough discount for me. Might wait and see what Lewie can do. Cheers though.
    steam: sketch

Microsoft has a physical copy of CoDBlops2: Blop Harder for 20 bucks, which is about as low as a CoD ever goes. Probably only works for people in the US, but it will have a Steam key (as it is a retail copy), and is probably the cheapest you'll see Blop Harder until some time next year.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...ctID.253796900

Heads up: They seem to hate Chrome (I wonder why?), so use Internet Explorer.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Heads up: They seem to hate Chrome (I wonder why?), so use Internet Explorer.
    For the record, the Google Play Store Android Developer APK upload page does not work properly with Chrome (if you get an error it doesn't show properly, leaving you wondering WTF) - which I've always found more than a little amusing ;)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    For the record, the Google Play Store Android Developer APK upload page does not work properly with Chrome (if you get an error it doesn't show properly, leaving you wondering WTF) - which I've always found more than a little amusing ;)
    Oh yeah, it has always amused me how many problems Chrome has with the various google web sites (like Google Docs and the like).