Page 465 of 609 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    and on the bargain front again - earlier today, COH2 was 50% off on Origin (UK)

It's not showing for me but other people claim it's still showing for them so you might get lucky if you're interested

14.99 is quite cheap given it's newness??

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    GOG is selling the recently released Expeditions Conquistador for $10 as part of it's Thinking Gamer's Delight weekend sale.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Brutal Legends is €4.75 on steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260/

Its 75% off, I am pretty sure thats the cheapest sale price its been.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Except when it was a humble bundle BTA.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Awesome - checking it out now!

I've had a "you can tamper with time and must solve a problem WAY in the future" game on a notepad for over a decade but I've never gotten close to even envisioning how you'd BEGIN to make it approachable.

I really like it when people make games I've got in my head tho - saves me loads of time :)
    Oooh that's pretty interesting, I'd love to hear more actually. Making my game "approachable" was a challenge and we changed/added a lot after focus testing because of that, even despite my reluctance (like the Death Notebook). But in the end, I am glad we did and those things really did help the game and players.

Shoot me a PM if you want to bounce ideas around :)
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Gamers gate is selling a D&D anthology for 5.99$.

Snagged Bioshock Infinite for $16 at GMG. I've tried to keep myself from spoilers--now I can finally enjoy the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Snagged Bioshock Infinite for $16 at GMG. I've tried to keep myself from spoilers--now I can finally enjoy the experience.
    Try using the code GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB to get another 20% off, their email implies it should work with the Bioshock sale.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

If your tastes are for games of a less floaty-shooty variety, Cities In Motion 2 is 3 on GMG with the above code.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Try using the code GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB to get another 20% off, their email implies it should work with the Bioshock sale.
    Yep, thanks, BioShock Infinite was $20 plus 20% off.
    Last edited by F. Lynx Pardinus; 27-08-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    If your tastes are for games of a less floaty-shooty variety, Cities In Motion 2 is 3 on GMG with the above code.
    Thanks for that. Wasn't totally sold on CiM 1 but it was enjoyable for a while, I want to give 2 a try.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    2 is a much snappier game. Prettier and solves some of the frustrations of CIM 1.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    Yep, thanks, BioShock Infinite was $20 plus 20% off.
    Obviously, fair pricing across different regions is a concept totally unknown to whomever is responsible over at GMG ... $ 19.99 vs. 24.99?

2K is to blame for that one - they forced GMG's hand some time ago with regional pricing.

$39.97 AUD here, so a couple of USD dollars dearer again than the Euro converted price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, not being much like dungeon siege 1 and 2 aside, is dungeon siege 3 worth 3:75? I want something new to play whilst waiting for Rome 2, and not something that makes me mad at life like being terrible at EUIV does. Is it a fun beatin' up the dudes game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Dungeon Siege 3 is basically Jade Empire but isometric. And not in fake China. The combat is fun but you need a controller.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    So, not being much like dungeon siege 1 and 2 aside, is dungeon siege 3 worth 3:75? I want something new to play whilst waiting for Rome 2, and not something that makes me mad at life like being terrible at EUIV does. Is it a fun beatin' up the dudes game?
    Yes, very much so. It has the most emphasis on skill of any action RPG, with lots of blocking, rolling, ability using and ability remembering required - i.e. not just clicking frantically and relying on some number to determine if you get hit or not. The characters handle differently in terms of tactics and strengths. Controls-wise a 360 pad handled better than M+KB for me but I know people who are fine with both. Story isn't really up to Obsidian par but there are some nice touches and the engine is stable as the pyramids. The DLC is very good as well, perhaps the best example of DLC I can think of in fact.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Dungeon Siege 3 is basically Jade Empire but isometric. And not in fake China. The combat is fun but you need a controller.
    That's fine, I'm a filthy casual. I've got a premium edition Farmville(tm) 360 controller and I love playing Team Fortress 2 (skill pyro for life!!) with it :):):):):) So much better than a mouse and keyboard, if you ask me.

Fun combat sounds like 100% what I want in a game right now so I'll take it as a recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Obisidian patched in an option the use the WASD keys for strafing instead of moving and it made DS3 playable with a M&KB (at least for me).
    I also agree with every word Casimir wrote about it.

Currently trying to finish DS3. How long is the DLC anyway? I agree with all the recommendation above. The only thing I dont like is the difficulty spike that I encounter in the 1st archon.

Also JEYNE KASSYNDER!! If I hear another one of those in the DLC Im going to uninstall.
    Last edited by mnemnoch; 28-08-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem