Page 467 of 571 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,340 of 11412

Thread: PC Bargains

Obscure Node
    In support of Guerilla.Suffers from open-world sand fatigue but in few hours boredom starts while playing.RF1 is also disappointing because distructible environment creats unexpectedness

Obscure Node
    The dungions & dragon anthology: the master collection is also available in 19.95$

Obscure Node
    in few hours boredom starts while playing.RF1 is also disappointing because distructible environment creats unexpectedness

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Im interested in Gnomoria. Anyone played that yet?
    It's a fairly chill yet deep* house-some-gnomes simulator in the vein of Dwarf Fortress. Doesn't have quite the feature set of DF, but it does have that unique story generator thing, somewhere along the lines of: "The goblin and mant invasion left one of my militiawomen alive; if she dies, they'll sweep through my colony and eviscerate the workers. She abandoned her broken armor and axe to pick up a dead gnome's copper breastplate, steel helmet and named steel sword (dual-wielding with her torch) and started wailing on the bloodthirsty bastards. The two goblins burned to death and she sliced the mant's head clean off, but suffered a partially eaten leg. She hobbled home to strawberry wine, goblin-sausage sandwiches and bandages, resting in the hospital to heal up. Statues were erected in her fallen comrades' honor; her name was mentioned in hushed, reverent tones among the citizens for years after her heroic deeds." Or something like that. Sifting through the combat log is basically worth the price alone (similar to DF's).

It's an Obvious Beta, and things will break, but the developer is dedicated to making it an amazing thing, with updates every Tuesday. I bought it at full price because I loved the concept, art style and mechanics. If micromanaging free-thinking gnomes, crafting stuff, setting up workstations and carving out minecraft-esque underground bases sounds awesome, give it a shot for $3. It's also mostly rightclick-menu-driven, so if you bounced off of DF's interface, this might work better. The maps are rather small (but incredibly deep), but the map generator is powerful and customizable.

People have built some cool stuff (random grab from somethingawful, will try to find more impressive ones later):

*For some perspective, Gnomoria is a scarily deep well, while DF is a yawning abyss.
    steam

I really need to mention that Amazon has on sale my favorite game of the past few years for only 6 bucks.

http://amzn.com/B00AWRPEJI?tag=ablegamers-20

Thank you for answering my question. I guess with cards money I cant say no.

Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    goblin-sausage sandwiches
    This one sold me to it! Is it a sausage made of goblins or the cut off sausage of the goblin?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Thank you for answering my question. I guess with cards money I cant say no.

This one sold me to it! Is it a sausage made of goblins or the cut off sausage of the goblin?
    If you have a butcher shop, your butcher (or anyone, actually) can be tasked with collecting corpses, which are eventually sausaged or chopped up for bones, steaks and other offal things. I can't remember whether you can make sausage from ogres, mants, beetles, golems or etc, but...goblin sausage is delicious! Don't forget to bake bread in the kitchen first!
    Last edited by squareking; 30-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    'vania-style
    *Linear platformer conveyor-belt-of-misery

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Rather different despite the fedoras.
    And the dying.

Obscure Node
    It's a fairly chill yet deep* house-some-gnomes simulator in the vein of Dwarf Fortress. Doesn't have quite the feature set of DF, but it does have that unique story generator thing, somewhere along the lines of: "The goblin and mant invasion left one of my militiawomen alive; if she dies, they'll sweep through my colony and eviscerate the workers. She abandoned her broken armor and axe to pick up a dead gnome's copper breastplate, steel helmet and named steel sword (dual-wielding with her torch) and started wailing on the bloodthirsty bastards. The two goblins burned to death and she sliced the mant's head clean off, but suffered a partially eaten leg. She hobbled home to strawberry wine, goblin-sausage sandwiches and bandages, resting in the hospital to heal up. Statues were erected in her fallen comrades' honor; her name was mentioned in hushed, reverent tones among the citizens for years after her heroic deeds." Or something like that. Sifting through the combat log is basically worth the price alone (similar to DF's).

It's an Obvious Beta, and things will break, but the developer is dedicated to making it an amazing thing, with updates every Tuesday. I bought it at full price because I loved the concept, art style and mechanics. If micromanaging free-thinking gnomes, crafting stuff, setting up workstations and carving out minecraft-esque underground bases sounds awesome, give it a shot for $3. It's also mostly rightclick-menu-driven, so if you bounced off of DF's interface, this might work better. The maps are rather small (but incredibly deep), but the map generator is powerful and customizable.

People have built some cool stuff (random grab from somethingawful, will try to find more impressive ones later):

*For some perspective, Gnomoria is a scarily deep well, while DF is a yawning abyss.
    Is the interface less intimidating than DF?

Aliens colonial marines is 4.99$ on Stem.
    I think it's a new record for price drop...

Also GMG has a new voucher: GMG25-R7GA8-XTUCY.
    It seems to be good for most of the new releases like Splinter cell conviction, EU4 and SR4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Re: La Mulana

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    *Linear platformer conveyor-belt-of-misery

And the dying.
    Yeah, it's hard. It's also not afraid to have the player be stuck figuring out the puzzles. They're tricky. I'm not very far in, but I founf myself getting stuck because I didn't find a secret false wall which would transport me to a different part of the level I couldn't reach. Some of the puzzles require you to read and keep notes on inscriptions you find throughout. It has no intention what so ever of leading you by the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Is the interface less intimidating than DF?
    To write a mess worse than DF's (I'm not calling it an interface), would require an active effort to make it so and the result would positively qualify as a crime against humanity, so... possible, but not likely. It still seems to rely on YouTube tutorials which does not bode well, at least in terms of having a polished and smooth interface.

That said, squareking almost sold it to me, but I bounced off the Towns alpha, so I'll likely wait for it to be finished.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Here's the primary Gnomoria menu:

Other commands besides actual digging, placement and harvesting are done in tabbed windows (prev and next buttons are someone's addition request):

Also, legendary sausages, guys.

alms: I haven't played Towns, but virtually everyone I've e-talked to regarding it vs. Gnomoria has said Towns is nothing compared to Gnomoria. Based on the few LPs I've watched for Towns, I'm inclined to agree with them. Gnomoria's UI is probably the most intuitive for this type of game, which means it only took a few hours to get really comfy with handling everything vs. the lifetime it takes with DF.
    Last edited by squareking; 31-08-2013 at 03:48 AM.
    steam

GetGames informs me that they have Tomb Raider for 75% off. Seems like a pretty good price.

Activated Node
    Pe-2 Dive Bomber $4.98 http://www.shinyloot.com/pe-2-dive-bomber
    RPS Flare Path review

goblin-sausage
    SOLD!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Skulls of the Shogun is rather cheap on Steam right now. After the Windows 8 debacle, did anyone play it? Worth the price?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Skulls of the Shogun is rather cheap on Steam right now. After the Windows 8 debacle, did anyone play it? Worth the price?
    I'm only a few hours in, but it's been surprisingly pleasant so far. Definitely worth the current asking price IMO.

I bought Gomoria simply from those screens and because DF scared me too much. Now to try and sort out a kingdom!

For everyone asking about Gnomoria I just want to pip in and say: stop asking questions and go buy it right now, it's brilliant.
    Also Skulls of Shogun is pretty fun, not gotten far into it yet though.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Check my YouTube Channel here

Hmm, Steam has Metro Last Light for £14. Should I, or should I wait for a bigger drop? How is it's tech state? Plays ok?