Page 469 of 594 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,380 of 11863

Thread: PC Bargains

Thanks! All of them sound great. I knew about Dragon Comander (waiting for a good sale) and Original Sin (backed), but didn't have much info about the previous ones. For that price, I guess I'll buy the pack, as it seems an amazing deal.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Bummer - thanks for checking, the power of Boris Hacker is making me keen to try it :)
    I think Legendary Heroes price for me without the sale is $9.99 but I remember it only having 50% off for owners of FE. Perhaps they increased the MSRP?
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    I think Legendary Heroes price for me without the sale is $9.99 but I remember it only having 50% off for owners of FE. Perhaps they increased the MSRP?
    That and some other chicanery is going on it seems

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228260...9764306171/#p1

Bit of a mess all round - existing owners can get a reasonable 'level' discount option through Stardock directly but the Steam deals seem to be rather unfair (pretty much the same price in $/EU/£)

Bottom line is a UK customer may as well just buy at the current discount - US customers should probably do the discount dance.

p.s. another comment suggested it's probably because the Stardock route is a one-off wheras people were using the Steam discount to buying codes which they gifted or traded and so they changed the rules - problem is they then changed some bits back and not others and - well - it's a bit of a mess...
    Last edited by trjp; 07-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.

For anyone else who might be interested in Anodyne at the sale price on Steam at the moment, the developers are having a concurrent sale (coincidentally, I think) for $4.50, which for me works out slightly cheaper than Steam. DRM-free and Steam key, the usual Humble widget thingy.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Bioshock Infinite for $15.99. Requires a US address, but it supposedly works like Amazon.

GOG has one of those annoying sales where you get a nice discount, but only if you buy too many games which, for me, it makes the whole sale thing rather pointless.

Anyway, they are offering an 80% discount for anyone who wants 5 games from a rather fine list of titles.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah its a good sale. Omerta is $5 with all DLC. Tempted by it and can just about pick 4 other games.

My list is looking like Primoda, Driftmoon, Puddle, Omerta and Miasmata for $14.

Its one of those sales where you go oh I wanted to play that, and then remember you already have it on steam.
    Last edited by Kiril; 09-09-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Yeah, I keep meaning to buy more stuff from GOG but Steam usually beats them at how early to discount things. I would have gotten System Shock 2 and Miasmata from them, but them Steam makes them so much cheaper... Oh, and I still haven't played either of those games.

I might at least buy FEZ from GOG when it's discounted and when I cross some titles off the backlog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like Gog but I'd like them a LOT more if they offered a simple installer/launcher/updater for their games.

Optional, of course, but just something to keep track of the morass of stuff I have there - which is installed here, there, everywhere and nowhere - it would be very nice indeed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I like Gog but I'd like them a LOT more if they offered a simple installer/launcher/updater for their games.

Optional, of course, but just something to keep track of the morass of stuff I have there - which is installed here, there, everywhere and nowhere - it would be very nice indeed.
    You can download the installers for any game to a folder and then install them anywhere on your hard drive. I have a folder called GOG which has two sub-folders, one for installers and one for game installations. None of the games I buy from gog require updates (rarely anyway) since they're all old games, so I can't really comment on that, but I can't see how your games wind up installed all over the place unless you're very inconsistent with the installations.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Yeah its a good sale. Omerta is $5 with all DLC. Tempted by it and can just about pick 4 other games
    Yeah I would have bought Omerta for that price but I don't want or already have pretty much everything else on that list. Too bad :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Ever since Steam started to use Brazilian currency (and made most games actually cheaper for us as well) it's been hard for me to justify buying stuff on GoG, unfortunately. Which is why I was glad for that promo. I grabbed Driftmoon, Dyad, Miasmata, Stacking and Anodyne.

c:\games\

Problem solved

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    c:\games\

Problem solved
    It's nowhere that simple - esp if you own an SSD :)

It's also why I'm making my game launcher/cataloguer but time - there's never enough of it.

Titan Quest series on sale at Gamersgate. Link below(not affiliate)

http://www.gamersgate.com/titanquest?aff=ggnews

Any thoughts on these games? I've heard quite a mix of opinions on them.

Network Hub
    DCS modules are 70% off on Steam (80% off for UH-1H Huey)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoddan View Post
    Titan Quest series on sale at Gamersgate. Link below(not affiliate)

http://www.gamersgate.com/titanquest?aff=ggnews

Any thoughts on these games? I've heard quite a mix of opinions on them.
    They're fun Diablo-a-likes. Act 2 even takes place in a desert. I really enjoyed that you don't pick a class when you start off but you later specialize into two different talent trees, with no limitation on what ones you pick.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Everything about Titan Quest is good except the combat. Somehow, despite the great physics and ragdolls, it's unsatisfying. It lacks punch.

Hmmm. Just looked it up, apparently you can LAN between two and six people. At that price, no reason not to grab it. To be honest, haven't really played a game like this that did have punchy combat(played both D2 and the first Torchlight, while both are good in their own right, can't say they are punchy, imo). Thanks for the freedback. :)

I just received a second steam coupon for 10% off Shadow Warrior. The pre-order discount is -15%, and this presumably lasts until the game releases September 26th, 18:00. The coupon is valid until September 26th, 8:59:00 and does not stack with the existing discount. So there is no possible moment in time when this coupon is valid and can be applied. Gee, thanks, Steam.