Page 471 of 543 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,420 of 10844

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Here's a small request, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. If I wanted to acquire a digital copy of Torchlight 2 for a sensible price - where would be a good place to start looking?
    I know someone who is selling TL2 for $5. Let me know if your interested and I'll ask him if he still selling it.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The Deluxe Edition is not worth the price.
    Ok, thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The best parts of Far Cry 3 [...] the Monkey Business missions are some of the best.
    The one mission with the barge can be completed without firing a shot. The enemies that appear on the shore, bridges and in helos do not spawn pissed off at the player and can be safely ignored while enjoying a peaceful cruise down the river. The NPC guy won't acknowledge this, and will offer constant encouragement to the player about killing the baddies you're not firing at and laments being shot at when no such thing is happening. He'll even stop the barge to the repair the damage that wasn't done to his machine gun before the mission is completed.

Still, I found it enjoyable for the absurdity of it all.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Did you just refer to me when replying to me as if I'm 2 different people - that's amazing :)

Gog don't make people's game collections public (in the way that Steam and Desura do) which is a pita in itself - makes importing stuff tricker but I have coffee and I will solve that before I sleep tonight :)
    One massive brainfart a day keeps the psychiatrist away. :)

As for the GOG game collection, there is the GOGWiki folks. They have a script you can probably adapt. http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Barefoot...ls_for_GOG.com
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

A somewhat low key sale over at Shrapnel. It includes that Falklands War game that they do, the screenshots from which bring back childhood memories of watching the news. Slightly uncanny. http://www.gamersfront.com/store/autumn_sale.html

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    As for the GOG game collection, there is the GOGWiki folks. They have a script you can probably adapt. http://www.gogwiki.com/wiki/Barefoot...ls_for_GOG.com
    I have a trick for importing from things like Gamersgate, GoG, Humble Store etc. - you simply 'Ctrl-A' and drag the page into the launcher (copy paste won't work as you only get text - I need the HTML code which I can get from the a dragged object but not the clipboard).

Problem is that the GoG 'your games' page has alternate layouts and options which are messy - the 'bookshelf/boxart version doesn't have the NAME of the game in the code (it's pulled-off the site dynamically with AJAX when you click a box)...

I can probably work around it but it's not ideal - but some people will probably think the drag/drop is some massive security glitch and not use it anyway! I just like checking my list of games against what the sites say I have - once I can import Steam (done), Desura (done), GoG (almost done) , Humble (almost done) and Indie Gala (basics worked-out) and Gamersgate (to do) I'll have about 85% of my games and most of the rest are either one-off developer specials or 'PHYSICAL DISCS!!"
    Last edited by trjp; 11-09-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Here's a small request, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. If I wanted to acquire a digital copy of Torchlight 2 for a sensible price - where would be a good place to start looking?
    Unless you're in a hurry, buying Torchlight 2 outside of Steam sales seems like a bad idea, its price always gets slashed and slashed hard.

Impulse/Gamestop have TL2 on sale today for 3.18/$4.99. It uses Steamworks so shouldn't need another downloader.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Thanks to all the people who gave advice concerning Torchlight 2. Of course I already caved and bought the game for ~10EUR at Impulse/Gamestop yesterday because I wanted to play it right now. Oh well, that's the first real impulse buy for me in a long time and I enjoyed the game already for a couple of hours so it's not too bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I can't bring myself to want to play Torchlight 2 after the way I crashed and burned after "finishing" the narrative on the first one.

I... Er, yeah... Clicking on stuff.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    I have a trick for importing from things like Gamersgate, GoG, Humble Store etc. - you simply 'Ctrl-A' and drag the page into the launcher (copy paste won't work as you only get text - I need the HTML code which I can get from the a dragged object but not the clipboard).

Problem is that the GoG 'your games' page has alternate layouts and options which are messy - the 'bookshelf/boxart version doesn't have the NAME of the game in the code (it's pulled-off the site dynamically with AJAX when you click a box)...

I can probably work around it but it's not ideal - but some people will probably think the drag/drop is some massive security glitch and not use it anyway! I just like checking my list of games against what the sites say I have - once I can import Steam (done), Desura (done), GoG (almost done) , Humble (almost done) and Indie Gala (basics worked-out) and Gamersgate (to do) I'll have about 85% of my games and most of the rest are either one-off developer specials or 'PHYSICAL DISCS!!"
    But that script I linked does exactly that, it makes all the AJAX requests and fills an array of game ids. Which then POSTs to a certain url in the wiki.
    It's all here, with a function named collect_shelf()
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Hearts of Iron III is on sale at Gamersgate for 2.5 euros.

I haven't played it but I'm very interested and I was wondering if someone could help me explain the game a bit. How does it play, is it turn based, difficulty and such? I enjoy CKII and EU, but the aspects I enjoy the most are building, developing and researching, while the combat is not central to me. Now, I don't expect to go through WWII without combat but I'm not sure if there's any more to it that that or is it just a more complicated Panzer General?

It's pausable real time (well, technically an hour is the smallest amount of in-game time that passes...) and very very complex. Expect to spend hours autistically fiddling with OOB structures, shipping your army groups around the world while trying to keep the corps together, and then worrying about whether or not you have enough convoys to keep those armored divisions supplied in mainland China (hint: you don't).

I like it.
    Last edited by Velko; 12-09-2013 at 10:33 AM.

It's a must-have if you like fiddling with OoB's and stuff. Being an autistic geeknerd myself, I just loved it.

The exp packs improve it a lot, so be sure to get those as well!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    If I put keys for games I already have on Steam into Steam will it give me a copy to gift, or will it just eat them?

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    If I put keys for games I already have on Steam into Steam will it give me a copy to gift, or will it just eat them?
    Just errors out saying you already own the game if it's the same exact edition.

Only one way to find out! :D More seriously, I think this feature isn't implemented yet. See here for an older post on the Steam Users Forums about on a similar topic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    But that script I linked does exactly that, it makes all the AJAX requests and fills an array of game ids. Which then POSTs to a certain url in the wiki.
    It's all here, with a function named collect_shelf()
    Sorry for minor, repeating derail but to pick that up - problem with that script is that it would require someone to login to their account via my app - anyone with even minor nervousness would never do that. My drag-and-drop system allows you to login wherever you feel is 'save' (e.g. your browser of choice) and then drag the info into my app.

People are (rightly) paranoid of being asked to login via third-party apps - NEVER enter a password in one...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Only one way to find out! :D More seriously, I think this feature isn't implemented yet. See here for an older post on the Steam Users Forums about on a similar topic.
    We need a sticky page for stuff like this really.

Unless it's SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE, Steam does not give gifts where you buy duplicate copies or acquired duplicate keys for a game. A gift is a specific thing - different to the game itself - it's tradeable and you have to buy one explicitly or the developer has to offer it as an option.

99% of Steam games don't do that.

As for passing-on keys - whilst many people do it, I believe that giving-away just some of the keys from bundle or other 'grouped' purchase is morally indistinguishable from piracy - bundles and "buy a game - get a game free" packs etc. are intended for YOU - unless they state otherwise (for the record, all the major bundles don't do that - most Steam packs don't either).