Page 479 of 602 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489529579 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 12038

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    As I said, YMMV. I didn't make it past the first "world" without wanting to wing my controller at the wall on one too many occasions. Clever as the writing may be, it isn't clever enough to put up with that. I'd cheerfully give my copy to an interested party were such a thing possible.

Then again I may just be weird, most of the beloved classics around here don't really do much for me.
    You don't like it, then you don't like it, but the first world? I'm tending towards the bolded.

On the other hand, much like Gwathdring said, I'd struggle to recommend Psychonauts as a game - I don't think it's even a fraction as borked as you seem to believe, but if we're just talking about the mechanics it's by no means a particularly refined or polished platformer, even by the standards of the time. I can't really find fault with you for not getting on with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In the TS2013 thing - I know the bundle is over but I don't get why people would need it?

I bought the original Railworks thing and it auto-upgraded to TS 2013 without my spending any money - all the DLC you talk about is there too!?

Is there a 'lesser version' of that thing around then? I did think they gave-out the latest 'core' product for free in the hope of getting more DLC sales?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Arcanum super cheap on GOG

It's not quite on the level of Baldur's Gate and Fallout, but it's a good isometric RPG in a great setting. Worth playing if you have any interest in such things.

Edit: actually, it's a big RPG sale. 60% flat discount, not one of their weird ones. Other recommendations:

Someone will probably hurt me if I don't say System Shock 2, but I didn't like it that much.

Divinity 2 is a fun action RPG, with emphasis on the action part. Run around hitting stuff and jumping off towers while levelling up, turn into a dragon occasionally. Divine Divinity was supposed to be good too, but I haven't played it.

Septerra Core is a fairly good JRPG-style game. I was enjoying the story but eventually gave up because I find the combat tedious. If you like JRPGs though it's well worth playing.
    Last edited by Kelron; 21-09-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    In the TS2013 thing - I know the bundle is over but I don't get why people would need it?

I bought the original Railworks thing and it auto-upgraded to TS 2013 without my spending any money - all the DLC you talk about is there too!?
    The TS2013 you've got isn't the same that you would have by buying TS2013 for the first time: the included DLC was also changed, so what you actually own is the latest engine + the DLC you bought + whatever DLC you received by buying it first time + any additional DLC gained by buying yearly upgrades.

Long story short, all of that DLC I mentioned wasn't included in TS2012 so it's actually a worthy upgrade for me (also because they are popular and many user mods available through Workshop use them), but you probably bought it another year and thus had it all already.

Is there a 'lesser version' of that thing around then?
    That too, TS2013 came in two versions, although right now I see only one on Steam, maybe the other one that had additional content was the boxed product, I can't remember. TS2012 was available on Steam in three flavors and I don't know about previous years.

I did think they gave-out the latest 'core' product for free in the hope of getting more DLC sales?
    I guess it boils down to that, although being a sim and not a game, there are some key differences.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Arcanum super cheap on GOG

It's not quite on the level of Baldur's Gate and Fallout, but it's a good isometric RPG in a great setting.
    I should play that because it's the game which broke-up our Anarchy Online guild. We were having a GREAT time, despite the game being broken 10 ways to Xmas, but that game came out and most of the guild headed-off to play it - and never came back.

I guess it only has to be better than AO - that shouldn't be hard.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I'll happily recommend Arcanum to any fan of RPG:s, but like Bloodlines it needs the fanpatch. It's quite broken without it.

In primary news, I'm sending out a general call for reasonable deals on BF4. I realize it's not going to be available for actual bargain prices until next year, but I know I'm going to play it a lot and feel comfortable preordering, as long as I'm not getting completely shafted. Ideally, I'd want a premium edition to be available, that offered a discount when I buy vanilla and premium at the same time, but they don't seem to have such a thing (I'm sure one will turn up sooner or later, as it did with bf3).

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World is currently on sale over at GameFly with a 66 % discount. You can also throw the voucher code GFDSEP20UK at it for another 20 % off which brings it down to a neat 5.43. I don't think it has been that cheap anywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World is currently on sale over at GameFly with a 66 % discount. You can also throw the voucher code GFDSEP20UK at it for another 20 % off which brings it down to a neat 5.43. I don't think it has been that cheap anywhere else?
    Insane deal right there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oo, tempting. I got Civ V free when I got XCOM:EU, and I never really got around to playing it. When the reviews of Brave New World started popping up positive I told myself I'd wait for a good deal on the expansion.

If you haven't played it yet, there's plenty to keep you entertained even without any expansion. You'll probably be able to pick it up even cheaper later this year: last xmas I bought G&K for 90 eurocents.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Gamefly also have the latest Borderlands 2 DLC - Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 for $3.99 after applying code GFDSEP20, and it's available legitimately to Australians.
    http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/downlo...pack-2/5006665

Our British / European friends may be able to use GFDSEP20UK on the .co.uk site - I'm not sure as it autoredirects to .com for me.

Thanks, took a chance and got the two expansions even though I hated the original game. Are there any mods around that make it suck less? i.e. make it more like Civ IV.

BTW Green Man Gaming has the base game and Gods and Kings for about $5.50 each after 25% coupon+75% sale
    Last edited by iridescence; 22-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Thanks, took a chance and got the two expansions even though I hated the original game. Are there any mods around that make it suck less? i.e. make it more like Civ IV.

BTW Green Man Gaming has the base game and Gods and Kings for about $5.50 each after 25% coupon+75% sale
    Im using this one: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thalass...es/?appid=8930

But I havent tried playing ever since BNW came out.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/2700
    RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 for 3€? That's the lowest I have seen it.
    At this point I'll bite, even if it doesn't hold a candle to the first 2.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    I haven't used GameFly before, do I get a steam key after the purchase? I have Civ 5 on steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarxe View Post
    I haven't used GameFly before, do I get a steam key after the purchase? I have Civ 5 on steam.
    Yes. Civ5 is steamworks so you must use steam to download/install it.
    Last edited by Kiril; 23-09-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Doesn't need the app, I removed that part

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I've used gamefly a few times. All the games I bought from there, they just give me the key on my account page. No need for the app at all.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

GamersGate has all the old Infinity Engine AD&D RPGs in a package for $5 total. Also both Neverwinter Nights games+ all expansions together for $7.49. This is an absolute steal if you're looking to get in to some great old school RPGs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Cheap Syndicate games on gog for another 11 hours or so. If you already own Syndiacte, Syndicate Wars will be around $1.80 (I imagine it'll be similar the other way round).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Cheap Syndicate games on gog for another 11 hours or so. If you already own Syndiacte, Syndicate Wars will be around $1.80 (I imagine it'll be similar the other way round).
    They'll apparently add American Revolt as a free update on Friday.