Page 482 of 578 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,640 of 11557

Thread: PC Bargains

  1. #9621
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I concur. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you didn't play this. But that's also likely to happen when you do play it. So... just get it.
    I also concur! It's brilliant, tense, and novel!
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

    You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

  2. #9622
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    646
    Gamefly have a codemasters sale on at the moment - http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/323 and your get a free copy of Fuel

    Which Dirt is good from Dirt 3 or Showdown? Both are £4.99. I quite liked 2, especially the X-Games arena track things. I'm not a fan of drifting, and I've heard the one or both of these have heavy drifting or have I heard wrong?

    They also have the F1 '10 - £4.99, '11 - £6.79, '12 - £8.49

  3. #9623
    I'm tempted to get Dirt 2. ¿Is it direct download, or do they give some kind of keys? I've never used GameFly's DD, as far as I remember.

  4. #9624
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    1,149
    Dirt 3 has a bit more of the awful Gymkhana events (which involve drifting), and it's a worse game than Dirt 2, in my opinion - the rally stages are even shorter, GFWL is terrible and it has a ton of very annoying, I'll-keep-nagging-you-to-buy-it DLC. I never played Showdown, but it didn't really get good reviews and seems to be more of a throwaway game. That being said, if you like rallycross more than rallying, then perhaps you'll be okay with Dirt 3.

  5. #9625
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    I'm tempted to get Dirt 2. ¿Is it direct download, or do they give some kind of keys? I've never used GameFly's DD, as far as I remember.
    Some of the games use gameflys dd service and need GFWL to run and as such have trouble on some/most machines :/

    Fuel, Showdown, Grid2 and F1 2012 are the only steam keys, everything else is direct download from Gamefly, its basically a download manager

  6. #9626
    Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    I also concur! It's brilliant, tense, and novel!
    I, too, recommend this game. It's not a full AAA experience by any means, but the basic mechanics of fiddling with the guns are awesome.

  7. #9627
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Gamefly have a codemasters sale on at the moment - http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/323 and your get a free copy of Fuel

    Which Dirt is good from Dirt 3 or Showdown? Both are £4.99. I quite liked 2, especially the X-Games arena track things. I'm not a fan of drifting, and I've heard the one or both of these have heavy drifting or have I heard wrong?

    They also have the F1 '10 - £4.99, '11 - £6.79, '12 - £8.49
    Also code:GFDOCT20
    Will get you an additional 20% off

    Any opinions on which F1 game is best for the sim elements?

    Also of note, Great game Victoria 2 and flawed gem Alpha Protocol on sale on Gamers Gate (Vicky is also on sale on Steam along with the workmanlike Warlock). Also Mars:War logs which I think i'll give a go for 66% off
    Last edited by iridescence; 01-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

  8. #9628
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    3,548
    Don't bother with Showdown effect. It's an excellent concept, and it's well executed in terms of mechanics ... but the unlock system is obnoxious as hell (you get two characters to start with, out of the cast of 5+ and it takes forever to unlock even one of them. Weapons are also mostly-locked-up when you start!), the netcode isn't great, and the community is sporadic.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

    You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

  9. #9629
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Some of the games use gameflys dd service and need GFWL to run and as such have trouble on some/most machines :/

    Fuel, Showdown, Grid2 and F1 2012 are the only steam keys, everything else is direct download from Gamefly, its basically a download manager
    Oh... I guess I'll pass this time, then. Thanks!

  10. #9630
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Dirt 3 has a bit more of the awful Gymkhana events (which involve drifting), and it's a worse game than Dirt 2, in my opinion - the rally stages are even shorter, GFWL is terrible and it has a ton of very annoying, I'll-keep-nagging-you-to-buy-it DLC.
    Gymkhana is unique to Dirt3 - but I agree that 2 is the more rounded game (indeed there are bits of 2 which appear as DLC in 3 and 3 carries the heinous mark of a game which requires DLC to 'complete' it).

    You need 2 first - if you rinse it completely and love it then 3 may provide further fun but that's about it.

  11. #9631
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Any opinions on which F1 game is best for the sim elements?
    The series has gotten increasingly better with time, so better to go with 2012. Also, it's the only one that doesn't have GFWL.

  12. #9632
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    975
    huh. Silent Storm Gold is 25% off on Steam. I did see it was put on the Greenlight list ages ago, and apparently it finally made it now.

    Excellent game and the price isn't too bad either (it may have been slightly cheaper on GOG in the past. Not quite sure).

  13. #9633
    Network Hub PeteC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cornwall UK
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    huh. Silent Storm Gold is 25% off on Steam. I did see it was put on the Greenlight list ages ago, and apparently it finally made it now.

    Excellent game and the price isn't too bad either (it may have been slightly cheaper on GOG in the past. Not quite sure).
    Anybody ever used this site? Works out at just over £3 for us Brits which is a tempting price but never heard of Shinyloot before.

  14. #9634
    Lesser Hivemind Node Similar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Anybody ever used this site? Works out at just over £3 for us Brits which is a tempting price but never heard of Shinyloot before.
    Never heard of it either. They certainly have a lot of games I've never seen before.
    No keys, though, which could be an issue.

  15. #9635
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    33
    Quick everybody! Shadow Warrior is 35% off on Gamersgate, which brings it down to 22€.
    They also have Unity of Command for 66% off and the Red Road Soviet Expansion for 75% off.

  16. #9636
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus c-Row's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Anus Mundi, Germany
    Posts
    1,218
    XCOM is €9.99 on Steam right now.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

  17. #9637
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    XCOM is €9.99 on Steam right now.
    Slightly cheaper on nuuvem.com.br - http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/940-xcom-enemy-unknown It will come in around €6

  18. #9638
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    155

  19. #9639
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    never in the field of human bundling have we seen such a wretched hive of scum and villiany - Darksiders II rubbing shoulders with The Guild - RF:A with Spellforce 2 and then there's Arcania and

    It's like being offered chocolate and shit in the same bag...

  20. #9640
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,541
    With Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance being the proverbial icing on the cake?

    Icing or not, it's a great RTS game, and as an interesting little quirk, one of the few games that makes semi-decent use of a second monitor. Definitely makes this a bundle (!) worth considering.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •