Page 482 of 578 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,640 of 11557

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I concur. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you didn't play this. But that's also likely to happen when you do play it. So... just get it.
    I also concur! It's brilliant, tense, and novel!
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Gamefly have a codemasters sale on at the moment - http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/323 and your get a free copy of Fuel

Which Dirt is good from Dirt 3 or Showdown? Both are £4.99. I quite liked 2, especially the X-Games arena track things. I'm not a fan of drifting, and I've heard the one or both of these have heavy drifting or have I heard wrong?

They also have the F1 '10 - £4.99, '11 - £6.79, '12 - £8.49

I'm tempted to get Dirt 2. ¿Is it direct download, or do they give some kind of keys? I've never used GameFly's DD, as far as I remember.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Dirt 3 has a bit more of the awful Gymkhana events (which involve drifting), and it's a worse game than Dirt 2, in my opinion - the rally stages are even shorter, GFWL is terrible and it has a ton of very annoying, I'll-keep-nagging-you-to-buy-it DLC. I never played Showdown, but it didn't really get good reviews and seems to be more of a throwaway game. That being said, if you like rallycross more than rallying, then perhaps you'll be okay with Dirt 3.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    I'm tempted to get Dirt 2. ¿Is it direct download, or do they give some kind of keys? I've never used GameFly's DD, as far as I remember.
    Some of the games use gameflys dd service and need GFWL to run and as such have trouble on some/most machines :/

Fuel, Showdown, Grid2 and F1 2012 are the only steam keys, everything else is direct download from Gamefly, its basically a download manager

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    I also concur! It's brilliant, tense, and novel!
    I, too, recommend this game. It's not a full AAA experience by any means, but the basic mechanics of fiddling with the guns are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Gamefly have a codemasters sale on at the moment - http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/323 and your get a free copy of Fuel

Which Dirt is good from Dirt 3 or Showdown? Both are £4.99. I quite liked 2, especially the X-Games arena track things. I'm not a fan of drifting, and I've heard the one or both of these have heavy drifting or have I heard wrong?

They also have the F1 '10 - £4.99, '11 - £6.79, '12 - £8.49
    Also code:GFDOCT20
    Will get you an additional 20% off

Any opinions on which F1 game is best for the sim elements?

Also of note, Great game Victoria 2 and flawed gem Alpha Protocol on sale on Gamers Gate (Vicky is also on sale on Steam along with the workmanlike Warlock). Also Mars:War logs which I think i'll give a go for 66% off
    Last edited by iridescence; 01-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Don't bother with Showdown effect. It's an excellent concept, and it's well executed in terms of mechanics ... but the unlock system is obnoxious as hell (you get two characters to start with, out of the cast of 5+ and it takes forever to unlock even one of them. Weapons are also mostly-locked-up when you start!), the netcode isn't great, and the community is sporadic.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Some of the games use gameflys dd service and need GFWL to run and as such have trouble on some/most machines :/

Fuel, Showdown, Grid2 and F1 2012 are the only steam keys, everything else is direct download from Gamefly, its basically a download manager
    Oh... I guess I'll pass this time, then. Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Dirt 3 has a bit more of the awful Gymkhana events (which involve drifting), and it's a worse game than Dirt 2, in my opinion - the rally stages are even shorter, GFWL is terrible and it has a ton of very annoying, I'll-keep-nagging-you-to-buy-it DLC.
    Gymkhana is unique to Dirt3 - but I agree that 2 is the more rounded game (indeed there are bits of 2 which appear as DLC in 3 and 3 carries the heinous mark of a game which requires DLC to 'complete' it).

You need 2 first - if you rinse it completely and love it then 3 may provide further fun but that's about it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Any opinions on which F1 game is best for the sim elements?
    The series has gotten increasingly better with time, so better to go with 2012. Also, it's the only one that doesn't have GFWL.

huh. Silent Storm Gold is 25% off on Steam. I did see it was put on the Greenlight list ages ago, and apparently it finally made it now.

Excellent game and the price isn't too bad either (it may have been slightly cheaper on GOG in the past. Not quite sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    huh. Silent Storm Gold is 25% off on Steam. I did see it was put on the Greenlight list ages ago, and apparently it finally made it now.

Excellent game and the price isn't too bad either (it may have been slightly cheaper on GOG in the past. Not quite sure).
    Anybody ever used this site? Works out at just over £3 for us Brits which is a tempting price but never heard of Shinyloot before.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Anybody ever used this site? Works out at just over £3 for us Brits which is a tempting price but never heard of Shinyloot before.
    Never heard of it either. They certainly have a lot of games I've never seen before.
    No keys, though, which could be an issue.

Activated Node
    Quick everybody! Shadow Warrior is 35% off on Gamersgate, which brings it down to 22€.
    They also have Unity of Command for 66% off and the Red Road Soviet Expansion for 75% off.

XCOM is €9.99 on Steam right now.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    XCOM is €9.99 on Steam right now.
    Slightly cheaper on nuuvem.com.br - http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/940-xcom-enemy-unknown It will come in around €6

Network Hub

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajo View Post
    never in the field of human bundling have we seen such a wretched hive of scum and villiany - Darksiders II rubbing shoulders with The Guild - RF:A with Spellforce 2 and then there's Arcania and

It's like being offered chocolate and shit in the same bag...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    With Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance being the proverbial icing on the cake?

Icing or not, it's a great RTS game, and as an interesting little quirk, one of the few games that makes semi-decent use of a second monitor. Definitely makes this a bundle (!) worth considering.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18