Page 49 of 602 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Steam is having 2 decent indie bundles for $10 each right now.

Indie 2D Bundle:
    Bit.Trip Runner
    NightSky
    NyxQuest
    Swords and Soldiers
    World of Goo

Indie Strategy Bundle:
    Anomaly: Warzone Earth
    Defense Grid: The Awakening
    Revenge of the Titans
    Sanctum
    Sol Survivor

If I didn't already own two games from each pack (Revenge of the Titans+Sanctum and World of Goo+Swords and Soldiers, respectively) I'd be all over these.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Steam is having 2 decent indie bundles for $10 each right now.

Indie Strategy Bundle:
    Anomaly: Warzone Earth
    Defense Grid: The Awakening
    Revenge of the Titans
    Sanctum
    Sol Survivor

If I didn't already own two games from each pack (Revenge of the Titans+Sanctum and World of Goo+Swords and Soldiers, respectively) I'd be all over these.
    Defense Grid is worth that price on its own.

What are the others like? Worth getting the strategy pack even if you own Defense Grid?

Edit. Will it be possible to gift / trade the ones we already own?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Edit. Will it be possible to gift / trade the ones we already own?
    From what I gather, no.

Obscure Node
    The Indie Strategy bundle is excellent value if you like Tower Defence games (even if you already have Defense Grid). I already own all the games separately and would recommend the lot without hesitation apart from Revenge of the Titans (which I didn't get along with personally but some seem to like).

Brink is twenty bucks on Steam now. They should probably be promoting this more vigorously.

The 2D bundle would be easy to recommend, except that I wonder how many people in the target market don't already own at least one or two of those games.

For what it's worth though, Runner is worth $10 on its own, I don't think I need to say anything about World of Goo (I actually wasn't nearly as charmed by it as everyone else, but the love it receives speaks for itself), and I haven't played the full version of NightSky yet but it's a Nifflas game so you can safely assume that it's awesome. no idea about the other two.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Impulse (which has now completely morphed into the GameStop brand) is selling Drakensang and Drakensang: River of Time together as a bundle for $7.50.

Direct2Drive is selling Two Worlds Two for $12.50

Since Impulse has effectively give up on selling stuff to non-Americans, it's only available in Canada and the USA.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Since Impulse has effectively give up on selling stuff to non-Americans, it's only available in Canada and the USA.
    It's the major publisher titles that generally get blocked, although sometimes something will slip through. For indies and lower budget games, it's not that bad for region locking.

But Impulse is shit. ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I was such a fan of impulse early on, I feel ashamed to have encouraged people to try it so much.

yeah, that can be the terrible side of a DD service, if it goes down the drain, you still have your games there. good thing about Impulse is that it is very unintrusive. I have the stalker games on there, because as a german i can't buy Shadow of Chernobyl on steam, and i love the games but they're definitely on the wrong DD service ^^

For some reason it's only River of Time that has an issue too. I can, and did a while back, buy the original from there no problem.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Good Old Games has finally done it. Go there and spend money on the classic D&D games of the Infinite Engine times (+ a couple more).
    http://www.gog.com/en/page/dnd_promo

Their new method of having a Sale is clever too. Or evil. Probably evil

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man that is a lot of game for your thirty dollars.

Steam is also having a Sega sale. Alpha Protocol is 90% off, so $2 here. I'm going to get it anyway at that price, but what's the general consensus for that game? Obsidian usually does pretty good work.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Obsidian's best game, without question. Reminded me a lot of VTM: Bloodlines, except generally more polished and without going to shit for the final third. At that price it's the bargain of the year I'd say.

(I quite liked it)

Oh my god, steam is on fire today. http://store.steampowered.com/sale/COHWeekendDeal/
    80% off all company of heroes titles, making the original 1.39. That's NOTHING!

How is CoH's multiplayer in terms of user-friendliness and custom maps/modes? I've never been able to play "normal" games in SC2 or WC3 (or any other strategy game) because the disparity between my own skill and just about anyone else's resulted in me losing every game.

I won't lie, play against a pro and just as you deploy your first amoured car the entire 4th company of the panzer leer division will pour onto the map and artillery fire will blot out the sun.

But isn't that always the way? The game has great, skirmish will teach you a lot about playing the game for real.

Are the expansions for CoH worth picking up? I know they're cheap... but so am I.