Page 491 of 569 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 11368

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I love that people are applying their own take on how hard a task is to a hypothetical example I used which was MY view ofthe thing - and then trying to argue me down :)

I came here - I said I thought GMG were assholes for what they did - some people agree (see their Facebook/Twitter etc.) and some don't (the too-weak-to-push-a-car club, above!) BUT

They don't say "well actually I think they're spiffing for doing this at all" - no... - instead they have to try to CHANGE THE WORLD! I am evidently wrong in my assertion that GMG are assholes and furthermore, they will not sleep (see XKCD cartoon) until I admit that I am - in fact - incorrect and that GMG should be PRAISED for ramming their free game offer in my face...

Good bit about that is I have some magic beans here and this place seems filled with the sort of people who'll hand-over their time and effort to get them - ROLL UP ROLL UP ;)

Network Hub
    Steam has "Dust - An Elysian Tale" for about 5 Euro.

Gamestop has Call of Juarez: Gunslinger at $6 for a Steam key.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/cal...slinger/109270

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Gamestop has Call of Juarez: Gunslinger at $6 for a Steam key.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/cal...slinger/109270
    Dammit! must resist..
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Dammit! must resist..
    Do not. It's great! :-)

Scribblenauts Unlimited for £3.74 on Steam daily deal. I bought, even though I have no clue if this game is for me. But it got so much praise, that I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    DMC:The New One is the big sale today on Gamefly.co.uk - http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/down...ay-cry/5005152 -for £7.49 with the coupon GFDOCT20UK drops it futher to £5.99

Its quite a good game, its fun. I never really played the original DMC so can't compare

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    DMC:The New One is the big sale today on Gamefly.co.uk - http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/down...ay-cry/5005152 -for £7.49 with the coupon GFDOCT20UK drops it futher to £5.99

Its quite a good game, its fun. I never really played the original DMC so can't compare
    I am sure it was 50% off when the sale on gamefly started, no? Do they do dailys?
    If that's the case, maybe there is hope for Remember Me to drop to 75%.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    I am sure it was 50% off when the sale on gamefly started, no? Do they do dailys?
    It was 50% they do daily kinda. Sometimes they will have "flash sales" of couple of item with a bigger discount for the day. The rep on reddit said the 15th and 16th were the days for it. I can't see Remember Me going lower the 75% this sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    It was 50% they do daily kinda. Sometimes they will have "flash sales" of couple of item with a bigger discount for the day. The rep on reddit said the 15th and 16th were the days for it. I can't see Remember Me going lower the 75% this sale.
    But it hasn't been 75% yet, not even on steam. Hence my hope. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    Ok, you talked me into it.
    Cool, some brief things I wish someone had told me when I first got it:

Resources are scarce for large parts of the missions. Warrior Lord is therefore a good first playthrough choice due to the regen outside cities.
    Resurrecting dead troops is damn expensive and requires building the temple building (or potions, which you should cherish), often better to reload if a fight goes badly and reconsider getting into it right now, tactics, or just replaying it and hope for better luck (i.e. AI misses attacks).
    Following on from that, quicksave a lot - possibly before every fight. Kind of save scummy but this game can be very tough. Don't neglect proper saves either, as you may always find out you've been screwed since 10 turns back (rare but happens).
    The Leader you carry between missions needs to stay alive, probably from mission 2 onwards. Lose that fucker and you're probably screwed.
    There is a maximum level a Leader can reach in each mission, make sure your persistant Leader reaches that level (should be trivial).
    Don't underestimate magic buffs or potions. Giving a party 50% immunity to physical damage can make a hard fight trivial, as can reducing an enemies chance to hit to 50%.
    Rod planters are useful but will always suck in combat.
    Leader types who can fly are damned useful.
    Never attack a factions capital (except under very specific circumstances).
    Ware any time limits the game explicitly gives you, else know you have 99 turns to finish a mission.

Have fun.

When life hands you lemons...
    Yup, you put those lemons to one side and get some gin, extra dry vermouth (and some creme de cassis if you're feeling a little experimental), a cocktail shaker and a cocktail glass. Pour gin+vermouth into the shaker in a ratio of 6:2 (:1 for the cassis), throw in some ice, shake that fucker and pour into the glass. Then get your lemons, cut and twist some peel and drop it in to complete the drink. Cheers, and thanks for the good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Great, so I'm now Deranged Disciples Dude.
    Then I shall be known as the Summoner of Deranged Disciples Dudes and Dudettes.

When life hands you lemons...
    Make combustible lemons?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Then I shall be known as the Summoner of Deranged Disciples Dudes and Dudettes.
    Puh-leaze. You're the Exalted Bringer of Bundles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Noticed something tonight I'm not sure if we've mentioned before.

GMG are fond of their discount codes, but they are generally one-off uses and for only 1 item in your basket.

Tonight I noticed that the Gamefly code (GFDOCT20UK) works on multiple items!!

Dead Rising 2 is currently just £3.49 BEFORE that code - DMC is cheap as someone already said - Crysis 3 too and I got the 20% off the whole lot, which is nice :)
    Last edited by trjp; 17-10-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamlord View Post
    Gamefly rep says NO - scroll down a bit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...steam_key_one/

Not for PC, but there's 2 very decent android games for free today only:

Azkend 2 via Amazon App Store

Little Stars for Little Wars 2 via AppGratis

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Reus is the daily over at Gamersgate - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-REUS/reus - €5

Its a puzzle game where you control up to 4 giants each with a different aspect. You have a forest, mountain, water, swamp giant. You build up ecosystems for mankind to grow and expand to meet objectives. Its slow, I quite like it and would recommend it to everyone that likes games that take a while.

Stardock Sale on steam:

Is Demigod worth playing? $2.50 makes it pretty enticing.

Also, Sins Of A Solar Empire:Rebellion is only $10, which is very tempting.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Stardock Sale on steam:

Is Demigod worth playing? $2.50 makes it pretty enticing.

Also, Sins Of A Solar Empire:Rebellion is only $10, which is very tempting.
    In addition to those games, any thoughts on Endless Space? From my brief perusal of videos it looks a bit like a less dry GalCiv 2 which would make it a game that's right up my alley but I have a vague recollection of people complaining that it was buggy and glitched.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asokn View Post
    In addition to those games, any thoughts on Endless Space? From my brief perusal of videos it looks a bit like a less dry GalCiv 2 which would make it a game that's right up my alley but I have a vague recollection of people complaining that it was buggy and glitched.
    Nah, it's been patched extensively and plays really well right now. Most people complain about the combat system (which is a "love it or hate it" thing).