Page 492 of 584 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542 ... LastLast
Results 9,821 to 9,840 of 11664

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Stardock Sale on steam:

Is Demigod worth playing? $2.50 makes it pretty enticing.
    I got Demigod for free and it wasn't even worth that much. :(

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Cool, some brief things I wish someone had told me when I first got it:

<snip>

Hm. One thing I wasn't prepared for: it's not trivial to get it to run on my machine (Win7, 64bit). I've been messing with compatibility settings, Disciples config, and Steam overlay, but so far to no avail.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurple View Post
    Hm. One thing I wasn't prepared for: it's not trivial to get it to run on my machine (Win7, 64bit). I've been messing with compatibility settings, Disciples config, and Steam overlay, but so far to no avail.
    Ah yes, I should have said. This does seem to be a bit of a problem but it always seems fixable. There's a thread about it on the GOG forums which recommend using Win98 mode in Win7 and various settings in the Disciples II Configuration Editor.

Looking at my current install which runs fine on Win7 64bit, I have the settings:

Resolution: 1280x1024
    Refresh Rate: Default
    Display game in a window - OFF
    Use Direct3D - ON
    Stretch to full-screen - OFF
    Compatability mode - OFF

and on the game .exe itself (Discipl.exe) under the 'Compatability' tab I seem to have "Disable visual themes" ticked. No idea why but I assume past me had good reasons.

Hope something there helps.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    and guess who's STILL getting 'error in the matrix' crap :(

AH - but this time I took my eyes over to Reddit, where some bright spark noticed that CVG have, in some cases, 'mangled' email addresses - changing lowercase letters to uppercase or even adding random subdomains (neither of which would affect delivery)

Sure enough, my address over there was mangled (xxx@yyy.com was XxX@.yyy.com) and so I tested something.

First I changed my GMG email to something entirely different - attempting to redeem then told me "I had no voted" (which is fair enough)

Then I changed it back - now we're "in the matrix" again

Then I changing it to match the CVG one and BOOM - free game.

So here's some sage advice for everyone

1 - check your emails match EXACTLY
    2 - when doing things like this, sites MUST come-up with ways of avoiding them turning into 'exploiter spigots'
    3 - find the person who put in the 'error in the matrix' code and pension them off - they'll be ready for retirement surely!

I have a stupid doubt that's being in the back of my mind for a while. The page GMG has set up says "thanks for voting / use your GMG/Playfire account to login if you have one".

What would happen if I simply login and pick a game, having not done anything else? nothing, right?

edit: don't think this one has been posted - Sleeping Dogs for less than 5 eurobucks on Nuuvem.
    Last edited by alms; 18-10-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Heads up, new Space Rangers re-release is discounted on Steam with a 20% discount (so 20 USD). Signs point to it being safe to buy, but I am still a bit wary and am waiting for more coverage

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214730/
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Heads up, new Space Rangers re-release is discounted on Steam with a 20% discount (so 20 USD). Signs point to it being safe to buy, but I am still a bit wary and am waiting for more coverage
    This is great, the forums is a wall of threads in russian, one little sticky lost amidst the others reading:

For english-speaking usersPlease use an English discussion board, located here. Do not post in russian forum, we don't need a language mess.
    They should've written the english store page in russian too. If the french, finnish, german and all the rest of EASL developers of the world managed their forums the same way, it would make Steam a lot better.

We don't want a language mess, either.
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Yeah. That is one of MANY reasons that I am wary of this. Plus, I vaguely recall them mentioning they had to start from scratch as they lose a lot of the source and licenses, and SR2 had bugs that continued even after the first expansion.

That being said, they MAY be justified in that as apparently this series is much more popular in Eastern Europe. But that is mostly because the devs and publisher didn't bother to translate it and due to MANY distribution issues. But, whatever.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I guess it's their own hamfisted way to focus on their core audience, but it's unwelcoming to say the least. It bothers me that it affects my outlook (the game might be fantastic for all I know about it) and at the same time I can't help it. Well, I'm sure it'll wear off sooner or later.

GMG has some kind of horror sale. For some reason, Dear Esther is included in there. If there's someone who has been even slightly interested to see what all the fuss was about but hasn't bitten yet, it's €1.48 at the moment at my area.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    GMG has some kind of horror sale. For some reason, Dear Esther is included in there. If there's someone who has been even slightly interested to see what all the fuss was about but hasn't bitten yet, it's €1.48 at the moment at my area.
    The most horrifying thing about that sale is the revelation that there is not one, but two "Murder She Wrote" games. Brrrr!!

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I guess it's their own hamfisted way to focus on their core audience, but it's unwelcoming to say the least. It bothers me that it affects my outlook (the game might be fantastic for all I know about it) and at the same time I can't help it. Well, I'm sure it'll wear off sooner or later.
    Signs point to the game being playable and not having any glaring bugs, so it is at least on par with SR2: Reboot/Reloaded.

I think I'll wait until the Fall sale though. I dunno, there is just something that is really triggering my "They fucked up Space Rangers 2" sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Signs point to the game being playable and not having any glaring bugs, so it is at least on par with SR2: Reboot/Reloaded.

I think I'll wait until the Fall sale though. I dunno, there is just something that is really triggering my "They fucked up Space Rangers 2" sensors.
    I'm in the Wait brigade too. I've been eyeing up SR2 since I read about it here the first time, unfortunately that was also the time they pulled it off GOG. Now let's see how this new version turns out.

Bioshock: Infinite is currently $9.99 in amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SPZ11Q
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Bioshock: Infinite is currently $9.99 in amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009SPZ11Q
    Damn it, they really know how to test me, but nah... I don't need another corridor shooter, no matter how pretty.

AMIRITE
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    It's very pretty. And it's quite a lovely bit of world building. It's a shame your only interaction with it is "Blimely that's gorgeous" and "PEW PEW PEW," but it's definitely worth ten bucks. Think of it like a bad action movie done by a really, really good director. It gets stuck up it's own nose in places, and it's really kinda dumb , but it's got a lot of craft and a lot of heart and it manages to distinguish itself from the rest of it's crowd without ever rising enough above being "just" a shooter to be dubbed a masterpiece. It's slick, smart, and at times frustrating.

Personally I like spectacle and shooting, so I don't need a masterpiece. Historical significance aside, I'd take Bioshock: Infinite over Half Life 2 any day. They are of a similar class, and I think Bioshock: Infinite does the job better. Except the ending. Half Life 2 knew how to do an ending. Balance be damned. Bioshock Infinite does the ending ending well, but while conceptually strong I found it weak in terms of presentation and the "boss" fight (a wave, here, rather than a big bad) was an awful slog. A shame, because like I said I enjoyed what the ending was trying to do they just failed in some basic elements of execution that were impeccable even in the worst moments of the rest of the game which left me confused and disappointed despite still, overall, enjoying the non-mechanical bits of the ending. Fuck that boss wave thing though.
    Last edited by gwathdring; 19-10-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Voice work in BI is pretty class too
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Voice work in BI is pretty class too
    There's only one BI and it involves an East and West Roman Empire. Let's not confuse more abbreviations and end up with more MEs and GoWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    There's only one BI and it involves an East and West Roman Empire. Let's not confuse more abbreviations and end up with more MEs and GoWs.
    Binfinite. It's Binfinite.