Page 494 of 569 FirstFirst ... 394444484492493494495496504544 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 11371

Thread: PC Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by taalas View Post
    You say "was"? Has it been fixed in a recent release?
    Not sure, my meaning is just that that bug has resisted several updates so it's kind of an old story: after the initial WTF? moment, I stopped caring as soon as I realized it's just a display problem.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Steam's weeklong deals are up. Some interesting stuff like Zeno Clash II, Ittle Dew, AI Wars, Test Drive Ferrari, Stealth Bastard...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Hmm, all my moneys seem stuck in Euros when browsing steam from work. Weird.

And anyone know if Zeno Clash 2 was fixed? I recall TB's video listed issues with FOV (fixed) but bigger issues with the AI (unknown).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

The Humble Store is price matching Steam on Monaco, european/DRM-free blah blah.

http://monacoismine.com/

6 bucks for one copy, 18 for the 4-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    GetGamesGo have an 'Indie Carnival' on - loads of deepish discounts and then there's another 10/20/30/40/50% off your whole basket for buying 2/3/4/5/6 games

Plenty of cheap games to 'pad' a more expensive cart
    Hmmm many of those 50% off games will likely be 75% in one of Steam's seasonal sales - Thanksgiving should be really close now?
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The Humble Store is price matching Steam on Monaco, european/DRM-free blah blah.

http://monacoismine.com/

6 bucks for one copy, 18 for the 4-pack.

Hmmm many of those 50% off games will likely be 75% in one of Steam's seasonal sales - Thanksgiving should be really close now?
    Remember, the only real "guarantee" sales are Christmas and Summer. Sometimes the Spring and Autumn sale is a bit lackluster in comparison.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Well, last year's Thanksgiving sale was better than Christmas', as far as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post

And anyone know if Zeno Clash 2 was fixed? I recall TB's video listed issues with FOV (fixed) but bigger issues with the AI (unknown).
    AI problems were sorted out in the first patch, at the same time as the FOV fix. I've had no issues with the AI at any point when playing the game. Co-op is still a mess, though, but the game is perfectly well suited to playing alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Have you tried adding "?cc=us" already ?

Activated Node
    Marlow Briggs is 50% off. Grabbed it yesterday. It's like being in an 80's action flick.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/24...snr=1_7_15__13

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Bunch of strategy games and some other stuff on Steam's weeklong deals.

Highlight is AI War and all the expansions for £3, or £1 each for the expansions if you want to pick up one or two you're missing.

How is AI war? I like strategy but I tend to stick to turn-based because I find resource gathering in the traditional RTS model tedious as all hell and in smaller squad-based things I prefer having the greater control provided in a turn-based model.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    It's hard to describe in terms of other strategy games. It takes a lot of cues from Supcom in the control scheme and resource system, but doesn't really play like it. The main difference is the asymmetry - you're not fighting an AI acting as a poor substitute for a human player, you're fighting an AI that has its own rules which you'll learn as you play.

The game takes place on a huge scale and there's a lot of things that need to be done, but it does keep micromanagement to a minimum with helpful features like automated resource gathering, repeating build queues and chains of rally points. Generally things happen quite slowly - it has selectable speeds - so you shouldn't feel pressured for time. Just about everything you can think of is customisable when you start a new game too, from AI behaviour to the pace of the game.

I'd say its worth giving it a try even if you don't usually enjoy RTS, and you could always play the demo first.

Thanks! Ooooh. Didn't realize there was a demo. Since there's a whole week to decide, that sounds like just the ticket.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Steam will often disagree with in-game timers for a number of reasons

Steam starts timing a playsession when you hit 'Run this game' - games usually time actual play (not in-menu/pause time)
    If a game crashes, Steam doesn't always notice and will keep on timing the game
    If a game forks a process (using a launcher) or anything like that, Steam has NO IDEA what's going on
    Steam isn't good at timing when more than 1 game is running at the same time
    Steam's database sometimes goes wonky and/or it doesn't report stuff back home - so it gets lost

My 'magic game running thingy' times games (optionally) on the same basis Steam does - thus it has pretty-much the same issues.

It's really not worth getting too het-up about it - end of the day if you want a 'how fast did I finish it' you should use in-game timers where they're available tho - otherwise you're comparing Apples and Dianetics :)

You misunderstand. Steam knows how long I've played the games for. When I run the game, the "hours played" resets to this value. When I start up Steam the values (turns out it's still a problem today) quickly tick up over the course of the day. Games I've played for under an hour currently read 10s of hours.

This is a problem with the beta version only. Over on my other operating system, signed into the same Steam account and using the same directory of games on the non-beta version--everything's peachy.

I'm certainly not het-up about it except insofar as I like my software to run properly and even minor issues that don't affect me in practice set off a thought process amounting to the mental equivalent of a minor itch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Steam's weeklong deals are up. Some interesting stuff like ... Test Drive Ferrari
    Two threads on the Steam forums that might be of interest:

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Yeah, I saw that, but got it anyway... bad me, I know.

Still, an offline profile should still work after GfWL dies, and the game is actually kinda fun, the cars are really well made, and the older ones are a delight to drive (not to mention they did something that usually isn't done - they have the older, faster versions of tracks like Monza and Silverstone). It's not a deep, "I'll be playing this for years" game like Race 07, so I should be done with it by the time GfWLypse happens.

Obscure Node
    50% off Sir, You Are Being Hunted on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242880/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Yeah, I saw that, but got it anyway... bad me, I know.
    I did too, because whatever the case, I'm sure I'll get my €5 worth out of mucking around with Ferrari's for a while. But since some people react quite strongly to GFWL, I figured I'd point it out!

This was actually a title I was looking forward to last year, but it got delayed and all kinds of other things happened that pushed it off my radar. I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I did too, because whatever the case, I'm sure I'll get my €5 worth out of mucking around with Ferrari's for a while. But since some people react quite strongly to GFWL, I figured I'd point it out!

This was actually a title I was looking forward to last year, but it got delayed and all kinds of other things happened that pushed it off my radar. I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin.
    Huh, you paid 5 euro for it? It cost 3 down here in Brazil...

Gone Home is the other midweek deal, 50% off.