Page 495 of 569 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 11380

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Brazil tends to have lower prices in many PC games, which is... funny? in a horribly ironic kinda way? when compared to the terrifyingly high prices consoles have.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Brazil tends to have lower prices in many PC games, which is... funny? in a horribly ironic kinda way? when compared to the terrifyingly high prices consoles have.
    I take it you've heard about our $1800 PS4? But yeah, there's a reason why the last console I owned was a Sega Master System.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    I take it you've heard about our $1800 PS4? But yeah, there's a reason why the last console I owned was a Sega Master System.
    How much will an Xbox 1 cost there?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

FireFlower Games is having an Adventurous Sale on DRM-free downloadable adventure games.

The Perfidious Petrol Station - 75% off

Cognition series - 50-75% off

Astroloco: Worst Contact - 70% off

Deponia 1 & 2 - 60% off

The Cat Lady - 60% off

Gobliiins Trilogy - 50% off

And more...
    DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    How much will an Xbox 1 cost there?
    Around $1000. Yeah, Brazil is weird :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeh View Post
    50% off Sir, You Are Being Hunted on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242880/
    Someone needs to nudge Jim and remind him that price-matching Steam on his own Humble Widget would mean more monies for him - most developers do - wakey wakey!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    http://www.p4rgaming.com/sony-explai...o-play-online/
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    That's in the post-Steam era, though. Before that, Brazil used to have horribly high prices for PC games.

(Apart from low-budget/old games sold bundled with magazines and a few other exceptions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    That's in the post-Steam era, though. Before that, Brazil used to have horribly high prices for PC games.

(Apart from low-budget/old games sold bundled with magazines and a few other exceptions.)
    Yeah, I know a lot of people here complain about Steam, and it does have its problems, but it was a godsend for Brazilian PC gamers - before it came along, you either paid extortionate prices or pirated games. I suspect the same applies to many other "developing" countries.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    It's similar to the approach they take in ex-Soviet countries, isn't it? Lower prices because otherwise everyone pirates the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeh View Post
    50% off Sir, You Are Being Hunted on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242880/
    Any thoughts on this one? It intrigues me, because of Obvious Reasons, but it's still an alpha, yes? Is there much to it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Any thoughts on this one? It intrigues me, because of Obvious Reasons, but it's still an alpha, yes? Is there much to it?
    Hmm ... tough one to answer. There's not much to it, no, but I like it that way. It clearly has development ahead of it, but looking forward I'm more inclined to worry about feature creep than lack of features or stagnating development. The simplicity of the experience is part of the charm with "depth" coming from the interplay of systems and the difficulty of the task before you rather than from the meaty-ness of the individual systems. It's quite lovely in terms of sound and visuals.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardust’s Music Sounds Better With You. There’s lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context that’s cheating -bull0

Yeah, I know a lot of people here complain about Steam, and it does have its problems, but it was a godsend for Brazilian PC gamers - before it came along, you either paid extortionate prices or pirated games. I suspect the same applies to many other "developing" countries.
    Indeed. Here it was just like that. Except for a few games that got published locally, buying games was stupidly expensive.
    It's funny that nowadays games that have a local publisher are still more expensive than buying on steam. And let's not start talking about some questionable practices by some of them.

Don't Starve, 50% off. It seems to include DRM-free version and Steam key (and something about Chrome).
    Available with or without soundtrack.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/landing/buynow.html

ETA: ah, it's also 50% off on Steam, but may be a bit cheaper from the developer for some of us (since that price is in USD).
    Last edited by Similar; 23-10-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition 1.49€

http://www.gamesrocket.it/download/S...d-Edition.html

I don't know what Limited Edition is supposed to mean, site's in italian but operated by a german firm, there are reports of purchases going through from EU countries, and claiming you get a Steam key. Haven't tried it myself, though.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Don't Starve, 50% off. It seems to include DRM-free version and Steam key (and something about Chrome).
    Available with or without soundtrack.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/landing/buynow.html

ETA: ah, it's also 50% off on Steam, but may be a bit cheaper from the developer for some of us (since that price is in USD).
    Don't Starve was a chrome browser game when it first launched, I assume it still is. It is a steam key, and its a great fun game, with a good bit to do.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition 1.49€

http://www.gamesrocket.it/download/S...d-Edition.html

I don't know what Limited Edition is supposed to mean, site's in italian but operated by a german firm, there are reports of purchases going through from EU countries, and claiming you get a Steam key. Haven't tried it myself, though.
    Worked like a charm for me, got the key within minutes

TrackMania 2 games 50-75% off. Valley is 50% off for the first time that I know of.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/trackmania

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Remember when TrackMania was the f2p game on Steam? Nadeo really fucked up the sequel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Remember when TrackMania was the f2p game on Steam? Nadeo really fucked up the sequel.
    How so? The F2P TrackMania (Nations Forever) is still going strong. The paid Canyon/Valley/Stadium2 doesn't lack for online action either, and though it's not as big as Nations was at its peak, which I guess was a few years ago, the same was true for the previous paid incarnation, United.

Anyway, as much as I like the TrackMania games, I cannot recommend them to everyone. It has a very particular gameplay that people are as likely to love as hate, it seems. Check out the free TrackMania to see if the style appeals to you, and if it does, be sure to pick up Canyon, Stadium 2, and perhaps Valley. I personally don't care much for the twitchy handling of the Valley-car, but preferences are obviously just that.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18