Page 500 of 578 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 11557

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I can report the same thing. Saw an Ultima for free, I had my mouse over the button when it appeared, and after I clicked it, it was already gone.
    Same here. It rolled over from the previous game to Ultima 7 and by the time my mouse had gone over the button it had changed.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    One deal turned over, said 100 copies left and I clicked buy the instant it turned for me and it was expired. I think there is also problems with the rotate part and actually showing you the offer.

Its all round a bad idea for a sale imo. I don't mind flash sales, but not limited to copies on an online site.
    Meh, I think it is a great idea for a sale, just not on the internet where people are going to find ways to abuse everything.

Ah well, still fun watching the numbers tick down.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I just saw this on the GOG homepage, something is definitely screwy:

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Okay, now I DEFINITELY know there are scripts or bots involved. Just saw TA Kingdoms go from 60 to 0 in a second (and the deal itself lasted maybe 40 seconds total). TA Kingdoms is considered "meh", even by TA fanboys (like me :p), but it was under 2 bucks.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    In the 5 seconds it took me to decide whether I wanted to buy Nexus earlier, it had already sold out. Don't..... blink!
    I managed to grab Nexus, but due to some glitch game didn't appear in my library. It took more time for me to compose a message to GOG support, than for them to respond and resolve the issue. I'm impressed.

Yaay, I nabbed Defender's Quest for free. Whatever that is.

Yeah, luck-based sales are not very smart. It's just leaving a lot of people very frustrated.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Yaay, I nabbed Defender's Quest for free. Whatever that is.
    It is fantastic tower defense game that you must play because it is simply bloody fantastic. And you got it for FREE.

PLAY IT.

I can't even get into the checkout page, even if I want to.
    It's a nice idea that's going cause a lot of frustration and anger on GOG.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    I can't even get into the checkout page, even if I want to.
    It's a nice idea that's going cause a lot of frustration and anger on GOG.
    I think it's a great idea. GoG is going to get a lot of hits and a lot of attention from this, much of it positive. I had no problem getting Space Colony HD for $2.50. I think the sales are zooming by even faster than before - GOG may not have anticipated this kind of response. If I see Geneforge again, I'll probably try to get that. If I don't, I'm not going to be too upset. It's almost like a game.

The freebies are going to be hit-and-miss, but they're free and no one is owed a freebie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    If they plan to do this all night I can see them repeating some of the deals.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    Saw a free hotline miami, 15 copies left- clicked and was told too late haha. :(

And I waited for the next deal- literally clicked the instant the freebie popped on screen and nothing.
    Last edited by Vesuvius; 13-11-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    It is fantastic tower defense game that you must play because it is simply bloody fantastic. And you got it for FREE.

PLAY IT.
    I Second the endorsement, Defenders Quest is a great wee tower-defense game.

Network Hub
    Oh dear. We broke it.

Edit: At least, while Two Worlds II was going for free, I got some 'Sorry, we can't seem to cope' pages, and even an actul 500 server error page.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Yeah, luck-based sales are not very smart. It's just leaving a lot of people very frustrated.
    Then a lot of people are hilarious. No one owes them cheap games.

The thing that bothers me about this is that it puts us further down the "buying games as the ultimate game" hole, and feels very close to gambling. Press the button, get a pellet. It's encouraging and preying on poor impulse control.
    Sometimes I write things

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    It'd actually be pretty funny if people are using bots to grabs the cheaper games. Means GoG could put on the crappest games in their catalogue and just watch as assholes accidentally buy it.
    However, I have a feeling that the counter tends to jump down rather than tick down because of how it updates itself. The free games will just be all about the fastest connection and reflexes though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Then a lot of people are hilarious. No one owes them cheap games.

The thing that bothers me about this is that it puts us further down the "buying games as the ultimate game" hole, and feels very close to gambling. Press the button, get a pellet. It's encouraging and preying on poor impulse control.
    By the same logic, nobody owes anyone freedom from having their poor impulse control preyed upon.

The humble store sale is killing me. Does anyone know how much longer it will go? My wallet is not safe.
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

No one wants AquaNox :3

200 copies of Omerta.

If I go to sleep now they'll still be there in the morning.