Page 503 of 586 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 11713

Thread: PC Bargains

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Pinball FX 2 Humble Weekly is up! Seriously cannot recommend this one enough. One of my favourite games ever, even if my ageing reflexes/eyesight mean I end up rage-quitting ninety-nine games out of every hundred. Buy, buy, buy, and should you pick it up, if you could friend me on Steam - so I actually have some high scores to stare at off in the distance - that'd be swell.
    *yoink*

Don't see your Steam ID so dunno who to friend. Mine is Warrender

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    *yoink*

Don't see your Steam ID so dunno who to friend. Mine is Warrender
    It's the same as my nick, but I keep forgetting that's without the space. (Just eightrooks.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    every time I see your name I just think that's cheating at chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    ARMA II 80% on Steam.
    Base game - 1.99 Euro.
    Combined Operations - 3.99 Euro.
    I think that's the cheapest it's been (I haven't paid that much attention, though).

Don't know if ARMA III has taken over completely now.
    I'm pondering if I should buy this. I feel like I'm missing out on experiencing that map and that sandboxy editor, but on the other hand, I fear I wouldn't play much multiplayer, especially wih arma 3 being there. And since I probably won't be able to affor the combined operations package, not even mods would fix this. (I seem to remember one that looked interesting about a serial killer, or maybe a terrorist, having to complete crimes and a team of policemen whom had to catch him?)
    What does the people say I should do?

The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC is $1.25 on Amazon - lowest price ever that I know of.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-De...dp/B00DRKJ7VI/
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm pondering if I should buy this. I feel like I'm missing out on experiencing that map and that sandboxy editor, but on the other hand, I fear I wouldn't play much multiplayer, especially wih arma 3 being there.
    yeh, I'm undecided too. I don't think I would play MP and I gather the AI is rather flaky, so I don't know how much fun it'd be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Pinball FX 2 Humble Weekly is up! Seriously cannot recommend this one enough. One of my favourite games ever, even if my ageing reflexes/eyesight mean I end up rage-quitting ninety-nine games out of every hundred. Buy, buy, buy, and should you pick it up, if you could friend me on Steam - so I actually have some high scores to stare at off in the distance - that'd be swell.
    Fine, you tempter, I bought it. I'd played a couple of tables on my Android, so I knew I was getting something good. Steam ID is Arathain, by a strange coincidence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Fine, you tempter, I bought it. I'd played a couple of tables on my Android, so I knew I was getting something good. Steam ID is Arathain, by a strange coincidence.
    By way of not diverting this thread too much

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post383709

I made that...

Activated Node
    ARMA 3 and both Starcrafts coming up on Amazon.co.uk's lightning deals this morning.

Edit: And Battlefield 4 tomorrow at 8:15.
    Last edited by Junkenstein; 25-11-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Annual MatrixGames Holiday Sale

All looks great , except for Achtung Panzer :Operation Star, best place to buy it is still Gamersgate.
    Otherwise , as far I can tell all Ageod titles and Scourge of War are must haves , so is Command Ops and Gary Grisby War in the East. Sale till January 14th 2014.

Ah, the only time of the year when it makes any sense to purchase anything from MatrixGames.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Ah, the only time of the year when it makes any sense to purchase anything from MatrixGames.
    It still upsets me how stupidly expensive Matrix is for no goddam reason

I love how Matrix has a .pdf file where all the titles on sale are listed. Instead of just putting it on the website.

The Panzer Corps DLC is unfortunately not on the list, it's a significant upgrade from the base game.

I'm hoping Slitherine does a more substantial sale soon...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    I'm hoping Slitherine does a more substantial sale soon...
    Not going to happen: these are "niche games" that, unlike other games, don't do well with massive discount sales...

I nearly bought a bunch of the Distant Worlds expansions, but the sale was delayed from Thursday (because databases are hard) and in the meantime EU4 went on Steam sale for 50% off, I got an email because it was on my wishlist, and I bought that instead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Bit off topic maybe but re Matrix games-

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War, is despite the unfriendly title an excellent wargame which is a bit less dusty and overpowering than other Wargames, and is very user friendly and intuitive and lovely looking. Doesn't appear to be in the Matrix sale but maybe it might be at some point? There's a demo to try. I'm not sure it's worth 17 in a comparative qualitative sense but comapred to one and a half trips to the cinema it probably is.

In other Wargame Lite news, Unity of Command is on Amazon for 5 American Dollar Bucks, so about .30 or something, cheapest I've ever seen it.
    Last edited by sonson; 26-11-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Not going to happen: these are "niche games" that, unlike other games, don't do well with massive discount sales...

I nearly bought a bunch of the Distant Worlds expansions, but the sale was delayed from Thursday (because databases are hard) and in the meantime EU4 went on Steam sale for 50% off, I got an email because it was on my wishlist, and I bought that instead.
    Actually, they benefit from massive sales more than anyone else as those sales encourage people to try it out.

What you meant to say is "The fans of those games have few options and can be milked for extra money". AKA "The Matrix Games/Dominions 3" model :p

The theory is that more profits are made by milking individuals for high prices rather than lowering it and getting the MANY fence folk.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post

Well, it keeps me from being their whole Panzerkorps franchise...

Also, wishful thinking...

Gamefly have started their "Black Friday Preview" event with an eclectic selection of discounted games, including 66% of Civ5:BNW for 6.79, 75% off AC3 for 4.99 and 75% off Binfinite for 7.49.

Try the discount code GFDNOV20UK as well, may get another 20% off (not tried it myself).

Equivalent deals and code on US site as well.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice