Page 508 of 602 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518558 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,160 of 12036

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Is Dominions 4 sufficiently different from Dominions 3 to be worth 13.79 (at Gamersgate)?
    Same core game but many improvements. If you played 4 you don't want to go back. That said, many Dom 3 people haven't changed yet and there are plenty of games being hosted.

Dom3 for cheap here:
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DOM3A...-the-awakening
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOM3A/dominions-3-the-awakening

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    *yoink*

Thanks for the heads up!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Hullo wise old men of the Bargain Thread, I ask for your advice.
    Spotted Sanctum 2 DLC Pass for 2 Euros on Steam, it was on a flash deal, and it said "Deal available until Dec 1". It actually wasn't. So it's 4 Euros now which is still a pretty good deal, but if there's any chance of it returning to half that price then I'll wait. Do you have any idea if it's got a chance of going back to that price, and what should I do? Thank you folks!

Just wait until December 3rd. If it hasn't gone back on sale by then, buy it as it is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    It probably won't go back to that price during this sale, but it very likely will when the Xmas sale comes around. If you're willing to wait, I suggest you do so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    All digital games come with a $5 voucher but it's not supposed to be issued until Jan 3rd (valid thereafter) so you may just have had some credit lying around with them from a previous purchase?
    Last edited by trjp; 02-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.

my Resolve is weak. just bought Natural Selection 2 for $2.50 off steam (90% off for the next 3 and a 1/2 hours). Is there anyone around that can confirm how lively the servers are?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Dear RPS, I come to ye seeking advice. I was going to buy Tomb Raider (the latest one) in the Steam sale for 10 euromonies but once on the game page I spotted the long list of seemingly pointless DLC, remembered about the QTEs and rampant context sensitivity and closed down the page. Still a mite tempted though; I had a couple of hours of casual fun with Underworld a while back and wouldn't mind some more jumpy fun. From that starting point, would the new one be worth it for €10, or is it as annoying as I fear it may be?

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Dear RPS, I come to ye seeking advice. I was going to buy Tomb Raider (the latest one) in the Steam sale for 10 euromonies but once on the game page I spotted the long list of seemingly pointless DLC, remembered about the QTEs and rampant context sensitivity and closed down the page. Still a mite tempted though; I had a couple of hours of casual fun with Underworld a while back and wouldn't mind some more jumpy fun. From that starting point, would the new one be worth it for €10, or is it as annoying as I fear it may be?
    Personally I think it's worth that price (But I won't be surprised if by Christmas you could get it for less). It's a very solid TPS with some nice puzzle bits here and there. Not much raiding of tombs, but still enough exploration to be made.

The QTEs are not very common or intrusive.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    Dear RPS, I come to ye seeking advice. I was going to buy Tomb Raider (the latest one) in the Steam sale for 10 euromonies but once on the game page I spotted the long list of seemingly pointless DLC, remembered about the QTEs and rampant context sensitivity and closed down the page. Still a mite tempted though; I had a couple of hours of casual fun with Underworld a while back and wouldn't mind some more jumpy fun. From that starting point, would the new one be worth it for 10, or is it as annoying as I fear it may be?
    Most of the DLC is multiplayer only so, if you only want the single player story they don't really matter. Most of the QTE events are in the beginning, there are some later but not as often as at the start.

It gets very murdery, you will kill a lot of people and if you are looking for a tomb raider survival game, exploring the area, you'll be disappointed.

Its one of my favourite games I played this year. Its fun, its nicely paced, I loved the atmosphere and some of the shots were fantastic looking. It has a movie feel to it, its action scenes as they are in the movies instead of real life. Its really good and well worth the 10

I remember seeing a email from valve to the devs basically saying that what ever price you choose for the sale will count for both sales. You may get it cheaper elsewhere, but it will only be a matter of a euro or 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    my Resolve is weak. just bought Natural Selection 2 for $2.50 off steam (90% off for the next 3 and a 1/2 hours). Is there anyone around that can confirm how lively the servers are?
    Healthy, you might need to think about your mod priorities before you find a server to call home.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Thanks Kiril and Avish, grabbed it as I figured for a 5th of the price it should be good for killing a weekend or two even if it isn't the greatest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Most of the DLC is multiplayer only so, if you only want the single player story they don't really matter.
    It was more that seeing the list of crap made me think of all that's wrong with the games industry.

Quote Originally Posted by shinkaisin View Post
    Shame they're not similarly discounting the Gold pack, as I would likely have been tempted.

Free Weekend for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, with the game on sale for 75% off (U$ 4.99).

Highly recommended, my favorite game of the whole year, yadda yadda. Seriously, why haven't you played it yet? You should be ashamed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    Free Weekend for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, with the game on sale for 75% off (U$ 4.99).

Highly recommended, my favorite game of the whole year, yadda yadda. Seriously, why haven't you played it yet? You should be ashamed.
    Absolutely. It's a wonderful take on the arcade karting genre - and it's on PC!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've got it on the Vita and I enjoyed what I played of it. It's a very good kart racer. Might try the PC version since it's free.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I gave in to dark urges and bought heart of the swarm along with some christmas presents for my sister. Several swedish online shops has got it for below 200 SEK now, which is around $30. Not ways cheaper than amazon and blizzard, but a bit. That's for boxed copies though, so I'm not sure how many people here it's relevant for. I do think cdon.se ships to all the nordic countries at least.

Divinity II Director's Cut for 5 dollars (or equal currencies) at GamersGate. Charming and underrated fantasy ARPG focusing on both story and combat. It's Diablo II mashed up with an old school isometric put in a third-person view.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Divinity II Director's Cut for 5 dollars (or equal currencies) at GamersGate. Charming and underrated fantasy ARPG focusing on both story and combat. It's Diablo II mashed up with an old school isometric put in a third-person view.
    That's a good deal. I haven't finished the game, because it is LONG and I ran out of steam some part of the way through. It does get same-y after awhile. The loot drops also seem to be random and have a max quality, so you will very rarely get something better after a certain point.