Page 511 of 589 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 11773

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    My 2 cents, having played and replayed every AC game, except AssFlag: I'd say that the mechanics get progressively better with each game (no real difference from Bro to Rev, I believe). The first two have good atmosphere, AC2 has the best setting in the series by a good margin IMO. The Ezio trilogy tends to be too morally black and white, while 1 and 3 are more grayish. Ezio is the most likable main character, Connor being the worst. I also like getting to see Ezio grow up in AC2. Rev is pretty much more of the same as in Bro, but I would argue it being worse.

My list would probably go
    1. AC2
    2. AssBro
    3. AC3
    4. AC1
    5. AssRev

However, the order depends on how you value each title's strengths and weaknesses. Also, AC1 and AC3 may switch places.

Network Hub
    Europa Universalis IV is currently $9.99 on the humble bundle store. What's nice is that the price is in dollars even though I'm European. Also don't starve is $4.99, so I guess I have no more excuses not to get it.

Yuletide is upon us so bargains will begin to pile up in the coming days. Where to begin?

1. People who bought Crusader Kings 2 on Gamersgate.com will finally receive Steam keys. This means it's now de facto a Steamworks game.

2. Amazon started their sale. A ton of stuff there. Also, you can pre-order Metal Gear Revengeance(!) for $19.99 at 33% off.

3. Tin Man sale at Desura. You, know the one with the digital choose-your-own-adventure type games. I wrote a somewhat lengthy post once as to why you should buy those but I can't find it anymore because the search engine in this forum is terrible. You can't go wrong with 0.99 a piece though. Well, except the one with the vampire boyfriends. Unless you're really into vampire boyfriends. Not gonna judge. Dork.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

4. Winter sale at https://www.humblebundle.com/store, today only. They matched Steam's daily sale discount on Shadow Warrior and have about 100 other titles on sale.
    Last edited by LTK; 19-12-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    Europa Universalis IV is currently $9.99 on the humble bundle store. What's nice is that the price is in dollars even though I'm European. Also don't starve is $4.99, so I guess I have no more excuses not to get it.
    That's definitely one of the great things about the Humble Bundle store. Some people seem to think the US dollar is still worth as much as the Euro, even though it most certainly isn't. In any case, the Humble Bundle store is now selling Euro Truck Simulator 2 for $6.24 which is about 4.56. Sounds like a good price to finally give it a try.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just a heads up to everyone tempted by the Shadow Warrior deal or any other sales (I know I want Shadow Warrior for 10 bucks...): Signs point to Valve doing another "fun" sale, so if you like free DLCs or trading cards or whatever it might be worthwhile to hold off and buy stuff for probably the same price in the Steam sale (assuming you don't get screwed for being european) as that will almost assuredly be related to it.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Just a heads up to everyone tempted by the Shadow Warrior deal or any other sales (I know I want Shadow Warrior for 10 bucks...): Signs point to Valve doing another "fun" sale, so if you like free DLCs or trading cards or whatever it might be worthwhile to hold off and buy stuff for probably the same price in the Steam sale (assuming you don't get screwed for being european) as that will almost assuredly be related to it.
    Thats a good point, but the problem comes for us Europeans with the games being cheaper on humble. $10 is about €7.30 and Shadow Warrior is €8.74, those kind of saving add up. That said, if you trade your cards in on the market you might just have the cash in your steam wallet to make steam a cheaper place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    2. Amazon started their sale. A ton of stuff there.
    Ooh, Colonial Marines for $1.99. I'm tempted just to see exactly how bad it is.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Thats a good point, but the problem comes for us Europeans with the games being cheaper on humble. $10 is about €7.30 and Shadow Warrior is €8.74, those kind of saving add up. That said, if you trade your cards in on the market you might just have the cash in your steam wallet to make steam a cheaper place.
    Also, buying Shadow Warrior off the Humble Store lets you activate it on Steam anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Also, buying Shadow Warrior off the Humble Store lets you activate it on Steam anyway.
    Yes. Which is why I made sure to comment on the euro thing.

I just mention this because Shadow Warrior in particular will almost assuredly be on sale for the same amount during the sale, and previous sales have had stuff like "free coal with purchase". As I mentioned, if the money is different it probably isn't smart to go for.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    3. Tin Man sale at Desura. You, know the one with the digital choose-your-own-adventure type games. I wrote a somewhat lengthy post once as to why you should buy those but I can't find it anymore because the search engine in this forum is terrible. You can't go wrong with 0.99 a piece though. Well, except the one with the vampire boyfriends. Unless you're really into vampire boyfriends. Not gonna judge. Dork.
    These are pretty good. Far from the best gamebooks I've played but still worth playing if you like that sort of thing. Too hard if you're playing "properly" and not using any bookmarks though.

I believe you can end up with a Vampire Girlfriend if you play your cards right.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Here we go, Steam Holiday Sale is on.

Metal Gear already 33% off. I wonder how good the port will be.

That's only for two days, though. After that it will be the usual 10% pre-order discount.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Hey folks, the specific Steam Christmas sale thread is now up. General reminder that any comments regarding the sale are best placed in there as there is a greater discussion placed on the games too and as to not disrupt the regular discount-hunting work done in this 'ere thread. Thanks!