Page 512 of 570 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562 ... LastLast
Results 10,221 to 10,240 of 11393

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Yeah. This same here. Even if I do understand the reasoning , and the game is truly great , it all does feel rather ... sad.
    Sort of end of era sad.
    Indeed. That it comes immediately in the wake of Arcen going to Steam-only distribution makes it all the worse, it's a bad year for DRM-free strategy gaming.

To add to that: I think strategy games, more than any other, need to be DRM-free, because good ones have very long legs. There aren't many current games I could actually see myself playing a decade from now, but great grand strategy games hold up that long and longer IMO. That makes the fact that the two biggest names in grand strategy (Paradox and Firaxis) have both gone Steam-only particularly distressing.
    Last edited by vinraith; 20-12-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    What's the thoughts on Star Ruler? Worth it? Or a no?
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    What's the thoughts on Star Ruler? Worth it? Or a no?
    so-so
    Best Part is designing Ships.
    But the "Rule your Empire " Part is a bit empty as Planets are essentially just Factories for Ships.
    Combat/Movement is Newtonian , lots of Inertia.Space Battles are like a kind of jousting,with Battle Fleets flying by/through each other, firing , then drifting apart for a another Run.
    Shipsize is unlimited , you can build a Stardestroyer bigger than then Stars he destroys.
    Diplomacy is Basic.Iirc there is no Espionage or Trade to speak of.

If you can get it cheap and like to tinker with Ship Designs its worth a Shot ,else try one of the other 4x Games first.
    Like Moo2 , Distant Worlds + Addons ,Sword of the Stars Series,Space Empires 4 + Mods.
    Last edited by Arona Daal; 21-12-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    Great Search Engine for Game bargains:
    http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=price:asc

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Indeed. That it comes immediately in the wake of Arcen going to Steam-only distribution makes it all the worse, it's a bad year for DRM-free strategy gaming.

To add to that: I think strategy games, more than any other, need to be DRM-free, because good ones have very long legs. There aren't many current games I could actually see myself playing a decade from now, but great grand strategy games hold up that long and longer IMO. That makes the fact that the two biggest names in grand strategy (Paradox and Firaxis) have both gone Steam-only particularly distressing.
    While I share your concerns in general, I'd still like to point out that Crusader Kings II can be played without Steam, i.e. Steam in this case is not DRM but a simple download manager. So even if anything should happen to Steam you can still play the game. You may not be able to download it again in that case but that is no different than with Gamersgate.

Firaxis is a different matter, they probably went Steam to easily sell all their overpriced and mostly useless DLC.

Startopia is 1.49 Euro on GMG (Steam key). 1.20 with the "GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49" voucher.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/dk/e...ion/startopia/
    Last edited by Similar; 21-12-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea: Ep 1 is $3.75 on Mac Game store, it has registered as DLC in steam for me on a PC, so its seems all good, saving of about €11 from the steam sale :D

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/...Sea-Episode-1/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    This year's Rise of the Triad is on sale at GOG for $4.99.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea: Ep 1 is $3.75 on Mac Game store, it has registered as DLC in steam for me on a PC, so its seems all good, saving of about €11 from the steam sale :D

Great catch! I bought it there as well. They accept credit cards and Paypal. They tell you to install a download client but that's not even necessary, the key can be found on your account page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arona Daal View Post
    so-so
    Best Part is designing Ships.
    But the "Rule your Empire " Part is a bit empty as Planets are essentially just Factories for Ships.
    Combat/Movement is Newtonian , lots of Inertia.Space Battles are like a kind of jousting,with Battle Fleets flying by/through each other, firing , then drifting apart for a another Run.
    Shipsize is unlimited , you can build a Stardestroyer bigger than then Stars he destroys.
    Diplomacy is Basic.Iirc there is no Espionage or Trade to speak of.

If you can get it cheap and like to tinker with Ship Designs its worth a Shot ,else try one of the other 4x Games first.
    Like Moo2 , Distant Worlds + Addons ,Sword of the Stars Series,Space Empires 4 + Mods.
    Thanks for the summary, I just fancied a new Space 4x game. Though it sounds just OK, it's like 2.50 (here) so for that price I might as well check it out.
    steam: sketch

Enemy Within is currently $15 in a flash sale on Steam, which I think is its lowest point so far. Almost certain to reappear in a daily, but prices are the exact same so no harm in jumping on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Startopia is 1.49 Euro on GMG (Steam key). 1.20 with the "GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49" voucher.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/dk/e...ion/startopia/
    Works out at 1 in the UK. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    BioShock Infinite: Burial At Sea: Ep 1 is $3.75 on Mac Game store, it has registered as DLC in steam for me on a PC, so its seems all good, saving of about 11 from the steam sale :D

Thanks Kiril. I picked up the base game for $9.99 instead of the $80 Steam normally wants to charge me. I keep forgetting to check the mac specific stores even though I've gotten significant savings before on Steamplay games.

EDIT: Looks like the DLC has gone back to only 50% off now.
    Last edited by Thermal Ions; 22-12-2013 at 02:26 AM.

If someone's missing it from their collection Audiosurf is 0.99 USD on the Humble store. Might only be for the next ~2 hours, though. Not sure.

One of the greatest shooters ever made for less than the price of a falafel.

Activated Node
    Dominions (2-4, also CoE) sale on the front page of Desura, for the next 22.5 hours.

Remember Me is going for 66% off on Nuuvem which makes it around 7.67 GBP. I think that's the lowest I've seen.

Teleglitch: Die More Edition is currently 2.25 GBP on GamersGate. That should work out to 2.69 Euro and so is cheaper than on Steam even if it's chosen in the community vote (3.25 Euro).

Obscure Node
    I'm looking for someone who could gift me the uncensored (living in Germany *sigh*) UK/US version of Sleeping Dogs - will pay with paypal. It's currently for sale on steam ...
    Last edited by FFabian; 23-12-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition is currently 2.25 GBP on GamersGate. That should work out to 2.69 Euro and so is cheaper than on Steam even if it's chosen in the community vote (3.25 Euro).
    No, 3,25€ here ;-(

Quote Originally Posted by FFabian View Post
    No, 3,25€ here ;-(
    hmm. Weird. isthereanydeal.com does list 3.25 for GG too, now that I check.
    I only see their prices in GBP and don't get an option to change it (but if I follow a link from isthereanydeal, I do see it in Euro).