Page 513 of 609 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 12161

Thread: PC Bargains

Activated Node
    Teleglitch (and others) is $3.29 here: http://www.indiegala.com/weekly

Lilly Looking Through cheap ($2.49) on the Humble Store:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...ugh_storefront
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Also on Humble, Waking Mars is 2 dollars for the next 20 hours or so. I've played till nearly the end (still haven't met the criteria for the "good" ending) and would highly recommend it. You get to explore caverns with a jetpack and interact with alien life, hostile and not. It made me go "wow" a lot... maybe I'm easily impressed, but the caverns are really well done. Not a very challenging game controls-wise, or puzzle-wise until you get close to the end. It's on sale on Steam as well, but only down to 5 euro or equivalent.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Hmm. I just bought Reus off GOG as a gift because it was not discounted on the developers' Humble widget and the giftee doesn't use Steam, but then I noticed that the Humble store is currently selling it for a lower price than GOG and lower than the developers' Humble widget. So you can take this as a PSA: Humble widgets do not necessarily match the price on the Humble store.

Interesting, thank you. I'd kind of wondered but hadn't checked. Checked a few games that I can think of that use Humble just now: Papers, Please is its normal price on its own website, but he (Lucas Pope) does have a specific "hey, check all these distributors (including Humble) to see if it's on special" note, which is nice/smart of him. Tom Francis has matched Humble's sale price on Gunpoint over on his site. Anodyne is priced as normal.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    For those who use Amazon, the standard edition of the newest Tomb Raider (Steam key) is currently 5 USD there.

ETA: Note: "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."
    I don't know if that might mean region locking or if it's just what Amazon always says.
    Last edited by Similar; 24-12-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    For those who use Amazon, the standard edition of the newest Tomb Raider (Steam key) is currently 5 USD there.

ETA: Note: "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."
    I don't know if that might mean region locking or if it's just what Amazon always says.
    Just bought it myself and it activates on Steam (none US of course).
    I have yet to install it and test it on uPlay though.

But I did purchase AC2: Brotherhood & Revelations from Amazon last year and they work just fine.

Edit: Might be worth noting that the game activated as "Tomb Raider (ROW)"
    Last edited by XisLoose; 24-12-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XisLoose View Post
    Just bought it myself and it activates on Steam (none US of course).
    I have yet to install it and test it on uPlay though.

But I did purchase AC2: Brotherhood & Revelations from Amazon last year and they work just fine.
    I got the Uplay version of AC4 last month without any problems (the activation part, at least).

Why Uplay for tomb raider?

Ass Creed III for $7.49 in amazon. Steam Version and Uplay Version

I dont know if the steam version will still launch uplay though.

Special Offers and Product Promotions

• Digital Games $5 Holiday Credit: Purchase anything from the Digital Games Store from November 21 - December 31 and get a $5 promotional credit to spend on our 2013 Editor's Choice Games. Promotional credit emails will be sent out on or shortly after January 3, 2014.

• Enjoy a Complimentary $5 Credit from the Amazon Appstore Offer expires December 28, 2013. Learn more

Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    I dont know if the steam version will still launch uplay though.
    You bet it does.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Edit: Might be worth noting that the game activated as "Tomb Raider (ROW)"
    I tried looking it up on SteamDB, but there are 879 different versions so it's a bit difficult. I'm guessing "ROW" means "Rest of World" since there are some specific versions for Japan, Asia and Russia.
    They do seem to limit where a version can be purchased, but don't say anything about installation (though, I'm hardly an expert).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    I got the Uplay version of AC4 last month without any problems (the activation part, at least).

Why Uplay for tomb raider?
    Sorry about that, was thinking about AC and confused the two games.
    Tomb Raider is EA and not Ubisoft, so will it run in Origin as well? or just Steam?

Tomb Raider is EA and not Ubisoft, so will it run in Origin as well? or just Steam?
    If Steam shows a CD key for it, it's worth a try. I could redeem my Steam bought Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins on Origin, at least.

Sorry about that, was thinking about AC and confused the two games.
    Tomb raider is Square Enix so it only requires Steam.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Tomb raider is Square Enix so it only requires Steam.
    I think it's time I get quiet and go back to work before I say more embarrassing stuff :)

Lol! At least you made me laugh. Happy Holidays!!

Edit:

Remember Me is currently 75% off in GMG. I think that's the lowest its been in.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

I think it's time I get quiet and go back to work before I say more embarrassing stuff :)
    Well, I managed to completely misunderstand your question, so you're not alone.

Mortal Kombat kurrently kosting U$ 6,00 on GMG - that's kheaper... I mean cheaper than steam, even if it goes to 75% off in a flash sale. Use the promo code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 to get that price.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    Teleglitch (and others) is $3.29 here: http://www.indiegala.com/weekly
    How does gifting work, the site makes no sense. I see a tick box for "gift" but below that it says: "Donate 2 gifts paying more than: $3.52"
    That sentence passes no actual logical steps, it's just random information to me. Is that pay $3.53 to get 2 copies to gift, or pay $3.52 per copy to get 2 copies to gift?

The words "by" or "per bundle" is missing IMO.
    Never mind, figured I'd give it a go. Turns out it is pay more than $3.52 to get 2 copies, ended up getting 3. :D
    Last edited by TechnicalBen; 25-12-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Yes it is less than clear. It kind of throws out the idea of customers who might want to pay more than the minimum for gift copies - seems odd they'd be encouraging that is such a manner. Maybe their historical data shows that gifts are almost exclusively only bought for minimum.