Page 514 of 579 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,280 of 11562

Thread: PC Bargains

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold (includes Going East DLC) is currently $7.00 (after applying 20% off voucher GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49) on Green Man Gaming. Lowest price it's been from what I can gather.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/e...ulator-2-gold/
    Last edited by Thermal Ions; 25-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold (includes Going East DLC) is currently $7.00 (after applying 20% off voucher GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49) on Green Man Gaming. Lowest price it's been from what I can gather.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/e...ulator-2-gold/
    http://store.indiegala.com/index.php...mulator-2.html

$6.19 for the next day

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
    Yes it is less than clear. It kind of throws out the idea of customers who might want to pay more than the minimum for gift copies - seems odd they'd be encouraging that is such a manner. Maybe their historical data shows that gifts are almost exclusively only bought for minimum.
    True, or that less than 100% of gifts are ever claimed (thus probably 100% profit to the devs, as they could make a second sale later as gift receivers never even realize they have a key somewhere).

I always assumed gitfs and happy hour are squarely aimed at either traders or stockpilers. Don't quote me on that, tho.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    For an undisclosed period of time, Valve are giving away Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam. Probably today only, but certainly a bit of a bargain.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It's worth noting you have to RUN the game to keep it forever. According to here anyway.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    It's worth noting you have to RUN the game to keep it forever. According to here anyway.
    When You hit "Play Game" it specifically says it's been added to your library - it would seem foolish to remove them again just because someone didn't install it - that's only going to cause moaning...

Quote Originally Posted by mzlapq View Post
    They had run out of a keys a few days back, although seems they have them in stock again as you can add it to your cart now. Note that Indie Gala's sale is only for the base game however, not the Gold Edition which includes the DLC.

Nice deals on the Humble store at the moment, for the next 9 hours or so. There are probably people out there who don't yet have FTL; if so, it's $3.39. There's also Continue?, which RPS liked and which looks interestingly quirky, for $5. Ittle Dew and Fez also feature, and I know they're meant to be good, but I haven't played either of them.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

RPS people! I need some help with the steam sale!
    Any recommendations? I received 30 euros on my steam wallet as a christmas gift and no clue what to use them on.
    (Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post that in, I couldn't really find anything that seemed more appropriate)
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:
    "By ignorance the truth is known" -Henry Suso

What do you like? Genres, games, themes.

So this is the correct thread then? Thank god :)
    Strategy and action, mostly sci-fi stuff. Been looking at endless space and Deus Ex: HR, Payday 2 also looks pretty enticing, but I have no idea how good it is.
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    Strategy and action, mostly sci-fi stuff.
    Give XCOM a try.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Deus Ex Human Resources is a safe bet for a fiver. It's a great game, with an interesting setting and nice art direction. It doesn't reach the heights of it's predecessor but it does it justice.

You could wait and see if the new XCOM ends up on sale again (either as a flash or an encore). It's the best turn based strategy I've played in a while. It manages to capture the feeling of the original.

If you're into 4X I recommend Sword of the Stars Complete (the first one) Currently 4 dollars. It does many things right, its universe is filled with stuff (often trying to kill you). It's diverse and quite unique in its blend of empire management and real time combat.

FTL is a lovely game. I think it already was on sale but it might show up again in a flash.

I remember The Chronicles of Riddick being a great game. Still, I don't know if it holds up to today's standars (also I think the steam version still has tages or another annoying DRM, if that's the case it's better to get it from GOG).

I always recommend Nexus: The Jupiter incident but this time is not discounted
    Last edited by Tikey; 26-12-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyhx View Post
    So this is the correct thread then? Thank god :)
    Strategy and action, mostly sci-fi stuff. Been looking at endless space and Deus Ex: HR, Payday 2 also looks pretty enticing, but I have no idea how good it is.
    If you are spending steam cash, I would check this thread instead http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...es-Gaben-Claus as we are discussing the sales. Well, when people aren't bitching about a game they paid money for in the past being on sale. Or bitching about the trading cards or how this isn't as good as the old sales or how Steam was overloaded by L4D2's giveaway.

As for those three titles:

I gave Endless Space a bit of a play. I think the balance and timing might be a bit off (the early game feels quite slow), but I have enjoyed it so far. And the tactical battles have the right balance between user input and simulation (you pick a strategy for the three stages of battle, and the rest is automated). And the game itself is gorgeous. From my limited gameplay thus far (an hour or two, most of which Steam didn't detect...), I see this scratching my itch for when I need something newer than GalCiv2

Deus Ex: HR is quite fun and very well done, but I personally found it to have very little replay value and I really wish it had done a hybrid approach where you get the utility augments (hacking) for free as the game progresses so that you can really distinguish Mr. "I never asked for this"

Payday 2 is a game I've been interested in for a while, but unless you have a group of friends (preferably 4 people total) who will regularly play it with you, I would give it a pass.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

FTL I own from the last sale :)
    I bought Awesomenauts and Endless space gold, currently debating wether I should get Deus Ex for myself, considering I can play my brother's version thanks to the family sharing thingy. Also eyeing (is that a word? english is not my strong suit) Monaco, Loadout or KSP.
    The amount of games is too damn high
    My Steam Profile
    Obligatory quote:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Nice deals on the Humble store at the moment, for the next 9 hours or so. There are probably people out there who don't yet have FTL; if so, it's $3.39. There's also Continue?, which RPS liked and which looks interestingly quirky, for $5. Ittle Dew and Fez also feature, and I know they're meant to be good, but I haven't played either of them.
    I don't think RPS ever actually ran anything about Continue? beyond the trailer. They liked Skrillex Quest, though (same creator). Continue? - on iOS at least - is good: it's a charming, very emotional little passion project with some wonderful stylistic touches and moments of humour... but bear in mind it really is just a fairly simple roguelike underneath. While the presentation of the different levels and mini-games can change radically the tasks you're given and the controls you use to carry them out do not, at least in what I saw of it.

It's also really, really tough, or at least I'm damn sure some people are going to find it tough. You're basically repeatedly stockpiling lives every level to safeguard you against the big bad in each mid-level interlude, and should you fail one of those levels, you can randomly lose a huge chunk of those lives on what is essentially the toss of a coin. To be fair the point of the game is that ultimately you will fail (it's about accepting your mortality and conquering your fear of death, etc.), but still, in the few playthroughs I've had so far it was emphatically not a relaxing experience, for all the shimmery cinematic soundtrack and the poetry flitting by. Hell of a ride, though, not quite like anything else out there.
    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 26-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Obscure Node
    I would recommend XCOM as well, but get it from amazon.com instead if you can. The collection (see URL below) includes all DLC as well as the old games. Or get the XCOM EU+EW bundle (second URL below). Enemy Within alone is probably cheapest at GMG right now.

http://www.amazon.com/XCOM-Collection-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00ECHYTKY/

http://www.amazon.com/XCOM-Pack-Onli...dp/B00HDPDEVM/
    Last edited by araneldon; 26-12-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    I don't think RPS ever actually ran anything about Continue? beyond the trailer.
    Yes, I checked and you're right, just a trailer and "looks interesting", which I remembered as "this is cool", but not a Wot I Think. Sorry for potentially misleading people. Thanks for the brief take on it; I'll post something when I get round to playing.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Kentucky Route Zero is once again available for $12.49 over at the Humble Store for the next 7 or so hours
    Last edited by Anthile; 27-12-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    to wound the autumnal city.