Page 516 of 579 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,320 of 11566

Thread: PC Bargains

Check your mail if you bought something from Amazon in recent times; I got a $5 discount on Editor's Choice games and that's for buying 400 Days for a dollar and change maybe a month ago?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Is there supposed to be a list for that? It only redirects me to a kinda blank page.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Is there supposed to be a list for that? It only redirects me to a kinda blank page.
    Yeah, I think it might be wonky right now.

This seems to be what the contents will be though
    http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...pdate_for_jan/
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

The promo starts tomorrow, so the complete list it can be used on is still not known. However, these have been posted on CAG:

Ace Patrol Bundle - $5.99
    BATTLEFIELD 2142 DELUXE EDITION - $7.99
    BioShock Infinite - $13.1967
    Contrast - $11.99
    Crysis 3 - $9.99
    Dead Space 3 - $9.99
    Dead Space 3: Awakened - $8.49
    F1 2013 - $24.99
    F1 2013 Classic Edition - $32.49
    FIFA 14 [Instant Access] - $28.99
    FIFA 14 - $28.99
    Final Exam - $7.99
    NBA 2K14 - $19.99
    Need For Speed Rivals - $29.99
    Need for Speed Rivals: [Instant Access] - $29.99
    SimCity - Standard (Online Game Code) (Mac) - $19.99
    SimCity - Standard Edition - $19.99
    SimCity [Instant Access] - $19.99
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $14.99
    The Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's Stuff - $9.99
    The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - $9.99
    The Sims 3 Into the Future - $17.99
    The Sims 3 Island Paradise - Standard Edition - $14.99
    The Sims 3 Monte Vista - $9.99
    The Sims 3 Movie Stuff - $9.99
    The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $9.99
    The XCOM Collection - $14.99
    XCOM: Enemy Within - $19.99
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    This seems to be what the contents will be though
    http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...pdate_for_jan/
    That thread is a year old.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    That thread is a year old.

So it is. So it is :p

In my defense, I saw FIFA, BF, and Need for Speed and figured it was this year.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    In my defense, I saw FIFA, BF, and Need for Speed and figured it was this year.
    In your defense, what we did get is laughable.

Silent Storm Gold (Steam key) is 1.87 Euro on GMG with voucher "GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU".
    Well worth getting.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/dk/e...-gold-edition/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Trine 2 for $1.99 is incredible, its one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, beautiful even when its showing you the innards of a giant worm. Yes, buy it buy it! https://www.humblebundle.com/store
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Courtesy of comments in the Bargain Bucket, Lego Marvel Super Heroes for 9.37 at GMG works out at 63% off overall with 25% code GMG25-0YUM5-VKMVU. And another 1 off for trade-in of two bits of unplayed shovelware I got for free a year or more ago. It was number one on my wants list in the Steam sale but didn't get better than 50% off. With that and Saints Row IV from Steam sale that's me done with my wants list from last year's games for the next six months at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Trine 2 for $1.99 is incredible, its one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, beautiful even when its showing you the innards of a giant worm. Yes, buy it buy it! https://www.humblebundle.com/store
    I approve this message.

If you have a significant other (or son/daughter) who is even slightly interested in playing games, I'll upgrade the recommendation to a "BUY IT, YOU MORON! WHY HAVEN'T YOU TASTED THE BEST COOP EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME YET?"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maknol View Post
    "BUY IT, YOU MORON! WHY HAVEN'T YOU TASTED THE BEST COOP EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME YET?"
    Yes, I have played Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Thanks for asking!

(Shhhhh... they're both tied in first place for me - I constantly preach for GoL too - but only Trine 2 is currently having an awesome sale!)

Network Hub
    And how is Trine 2 solo ?
    I tried the first one but it didn't catch, I abandoned it after an hour of finding it neither good nor bad. I meant to try the sequel.

(Is it better with gamepad or KB/M ?)

Trine 2 solo is still absolutely wonderful. It impressed me much more than the first one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    And how is Trine 2 solo ?
    I tried the first one but it didn't catch, I abandoned it after an hour of finding it neither good nor bad. I meant to try the sequel.

(Is it better with gamepad or KB/M ?)
    Trine 2 is essentially the same game as 1. Slightly prettier, somewhat weaker puzzles, slightly more finicky platforming. If you didn't enjoy the first I can't image you'd like the second.

For the record, I liked 1 but my co-op partner and I gave up on 2 about halfway through, as it was just a chore to play. It wasn't about solving puzzles, it was about doing a bit of wonky platforming to bypass them. I gather it's better with three players.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    I got bored of 2 after a while too. I adored the first game and the second is certainly not less pretty, but it feels exactly the same but with - as vinraith said - more exhausting puzzles and with less reward for the exploring. (In the first game you got upgrade thingies and interesting items that changed how the characters worked from treasure chests, in the second you just get read some purple poem. More like a slap to the face than a reward.)

The biggest advantage Trine 2 has over the first is online multiplayer.

I suggest playing with KB/M, unless you'll be using only the Fighter. Placing the Mage's spells is much easier with a mouse.

I finished Trine 2 and its DLC and I completely agree with Vinraith. It becames a chore to play. And bosses were a terrible idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I finished Trine 2 and its DLC and I completely agree with Vinraith. It becames a chore to play. And bosses were a terrible idea.
    I Found all of the boss battles very easy because I am better at games than you!

*Cries about the troll king thing fron T2's DLC*

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Yes, I have played Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Thanks for asking!
    Best coop? Humph.. Its not in my top 5.

INCASE ANYONE ASKS PROBABLY
    Spilnter Cell Chaos Theory (I think Blacklist has potential but I haven't put hours in yet)(You'll throw up a sticky camera and call out to your team mate on a ghost run, also, actually talking into your mic to distract guards was beautiful as they might also get alerted by your planning "I'll go left out of the vent" *guard turns to face you after hearing you speak and shoots you*)
    Toejam & Earl (Real time roguelike with dynamic split screen and a peer into the eye of madness,)
    SWAT 4 (You'll sweat, shout and flinch.. its harsh and its worthy, you probably aren't yet)
    Alien Swarm (UT2004 mod, before valve UNLOCKED it up and got rid of the godawful but hypnotic jumping puzzles)(You'll Agree to hold a door shut with a wielder while your friends run for the escape pod because you are out of ammo and its the best you can do to help the team survive, you'll die alone in the cold of space)
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes (yes, the campaign is pretty much the same old sequence, but running about that open world completing tasks together with a younger relative is beautiful, Marvel fandom not required)

Honourable mentions: Trine (&2), Renegade ops, Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood, Orcs Must Die 2, RB6 Rogue Spear and Vegas 1(2 adds unlocks and withholds the access to riot shields for ages)(more i forgot)

Edit: Monaco, Portal 2, Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 06-01-2014 at 02:43 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/