Page 517 of 589 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,340 of 11773

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Monaco's fine, but overhyped. Earned in Blood is fantastic, but there's far too little co-op content. Agreed wholeheatrtedly on OMD2, but then you already knew that. The Rainbow Six games are indeed a marvel, at least the early ones (no Raven Shield? It's my favorite!) Haven't played Vegas 1 & 2. Portal 2 co-op was great.

As to your top 5, Chaos Theory is great in principle but I seem to hate stealth games despite myself, so that's a no go. SWAT 4 is brilliant, certainly. Alien Swarm is a neat little mod, but not in my personal top anything really. And a Lego game? Have they improved that dramatically since the early Star Wars and Indy titles? Those were cute, but repetitive, thoroughly brainless, and frequently quite broken (one can only be screen dragged into a pit by one's SO so many times).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Lego Starwars is a repulsive wart in LMSH's (bad acronym eh?) presence. Screen dragging is now replaced with dynamic split-screen.

Its not perfect, and there are things I'd change, but its just that constant flow of more everything, everywhere you look.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Lego Starwars is a repulsive wart in LMSH's (bad acronym eh?) presence. Screen dragging is now replaced with dynamic split-screen.

Its not perfect, and there are things I'd change, but its just that constant flow of more everything, everywhere you look.
    Well, that's good to know. I can't imagine I'll have time to do anything about it for quite awhile, but I'll have to pick up whatever the latest and greatest iteration is when I finally do.

Unrelated note: Anything interesting going on in the newer Assassin's Creeds from an MP standpoint? I really enjoyed that bit of MP we played way back when. I'm curious if they've developed it, fouled it up, or left it alone.
    Last edited by vinraith; 06-01-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Swat 4 is indeed some of the finest co-op play out there. Only problem is that it really takes five to eight players to really get everything out of it. Four is ok, but it really takes off when you can have at least one 3-4 man team.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Oh, and I should probably mount a defense of LC&tGOL, so I'll just say this: the co-op in that game has some of my favorite puzzles in all of gaming. Really great stuff, sufficient to stump two fairly bright people for, at times, an embarrassing amount of time. The action also felt absolutely great, the exploration and item hunting was a joy, but it's really the puzzles that made the whole thing stand out. I honestly wish they'd make a sequel, or indeed that I could find anything else that plays at all like it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Oh, and I should probably mount a defense of LC&tGOL, so I'll just say this: the co-op in that game has some of my favorite puzzles in all of gaming. Really great stuff, sufficient to stump two fairly bright people for, at times, an embarrassing amount of time. The action also felt absolutely great, the exploration and item hunting was a joy, but it's really the puzzles that made the whole thing stand out. I honestly wish they'd make a sequel, or indeed that I could find anything else that plays at all like it.
    Intriguing. How much of the game would you say do the puzzles make up?
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Intriguing. How much of the game would you say do the puzzles make up?
    It's all extremely well integrated, so it's awfully hard to give you a percentage breakdown, but "a lot" is certainly fair. It depends on whether you're just trying to finish a level, or trying to find everything on it. Suffice it to say, anything worth finding has a puzzle associated with it, generally of the "how do I get from here to there" variety (with increasingly complex variation, of course). It's very much worth noting that these puzzles are different in single player and in co-op. They've much more complex in the latter, literally requiring two people (one playing each character, each with different abilities) to solve. This is part of what's so cool, actually: figuring out the right combination of your respective abilities to get the job done.

Activated Node
    Hey guys,
    Just Cause 2 for $0.94 at GamersGate - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-JC2/just-cause-2
    Seems like the double discount bug again.

Edit: Seems like the whole series has 94% discount:
    - JC $0.44
    - JC2 $0.94
    - Each DLC $0.06/$0.13
    - DLC Collection $0.44
    - JC2 Complete edition $1.88

Edit 2: Steam key
    Last edited by XisLoose; 06-01-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Seems to have been corrected to 75% off, at least for me. Shoot, I was too slow. Still a good price I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Unrelated note: Anything interesting going on in the newer Assassin's Creeds from an MP standpoint? I really enjoyed that bit of MP we played way back when. I'm curious if they've developed it, fouled it up, or left it alone.
    Odd one :They are adding to i, but I think the balanced and game flow has been fouled up. Not because of the mictotransactions made an option since ass rev but simply because new skills are added with each game and no effort is made to fine tune balance before a sequel pops up. Not played black flag, maybe its great but ubisoft matchking results in dreadful waiting times (add servers dufus').

But in the end asscreed is an annual release unlock conveyerbelt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, I find I don't enjoy most of AssFlag's multiplayer because there is a REAL "you don't stand a chance until you have unlocks" thing going on.

That being said, there are also special game mods (like CTF) where you have a fixed loadout that are just as fun, if note moreso, as the original multiplayer (that was in Brotherhood?). So yay.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Why not allow customisation, but rip out the leveling/grinding, why is that so abhorrent? Why must we ascribe to set classes or grind.

Blacklist has the same disease, but in that there's less "teleport across the map/turn civilian into body guard/" magic powers and more gun A gun B or gun C. The actual joy of blacklist is in the movement and the subversion, not the shiny hats.

edit: AHEM! GAME DEALS
    Proteus £1.80
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 06-01-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Not sure if anyone posted the simplycdkeys stock clearance sale. They're part of SimplyGames so they're legit. I bought SC Blacklist and the key was scanned from the game box. I guess they're getting rid of games from the SimplyGames warehouse by selling the codes for pennies lol.
    They have some great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Not sure if anyone posted the simplycdkeys stock clearance sale. They're part of SimplyGames so they're legit. I bought SC Blacklist and the key was scanned from the game box. I guess they're getting rid of games from the SimplyGames warehouse by selling the codes for pennies lol.
    For £4.99 Blacklist is a steal, the multiplayer alone is worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post

Anyone willing to buy XCOM: the Bureau for me? My country is not listed in their site. :( I can send the money via paypal.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Network Hub
    Is there still no way of importing saves from the cracked copy of Blacklist to the legit copy ?
    God dammnit Ubisoft I always fall for the same shit...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    Is there still no way of importing saves from the cracked copy of Blacklist to the legit copy ?
    God dammnit Ubisoft I always fall for the same shit...
    Heh, I had to play through Far Cry 3's God-awful opening for the same reason this morning.

Network Hub
    I played through the beginning of Far Cry 3, I played through the first 3 hours of AssCreed 3, I don't think I have the patience to play through the beginning of Blacklist again...
    Maybe it's the way I try and buy games that is plain wrong, but I can't for the love of me get why you would be so dumb with your savegames. It's not as bad as Arkham City's that were encrypted with my gamertag and were unavailable after I changed it (for the same GFWL account) but it's starting to get on my nerves...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Heh I lost my Arkham Asylum saves from a pirated copy, and then again with the GFWL switcheroo. Maybe we should both stop circling 'round the same mistakes and buy from reputable developers for once.

Quote Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
    I played through the beginning of Far Cry 3, I played through the first 3 hours of AssCreed 3, I don't think I have the patience to play through the beginning of Blacklist again...
    Maybe it's the way I try and buy games that is plain wrong, but I can't for the love of me get why you would be so dumb with your savegames. It's not as bad as Arkham City's that were encrypted with my gamertag and were unavailable after I changed it (for the same GFWL account) but it's starting to get on my nerves...
    I had to hack the hex code just to transfer saves from Capsule to Steam using the same damn GFWL name. The Arkham Games and GFWL in general really screwed up the save game system. Wait, it was worse than that--I had to do that twice, once when I had a system crash and tried to use the same saves on a fresh game (and Windows) install and once when I switched to the Steam Version because I bought it cheap with the DLC (that turned out not to be worth it :\ ).