Page 521 of 579 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,420 of 11570

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GMG always have the latest codes available in their Blog (top line of their website) - Reddit GameDeals will usually include it with every deal posted too!

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    The secret world is steam's daily deal. There's no subscription anymore, but they do release paid expansions right? There's a version on steam that's more expensive that contains the lot, I gather.

What happened to that game? Is it good?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    The secret world is steam's daily deal. There's no subscription anymore, but they do release paid expansions right? There's a version on steam that's more expensive that contains the lot, I gather.

Its very clunky, but has some great story parts. There is paid expansions in the form of issues, but there is a lot of content in the game without them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar

Basically, it's a game that was made as an MMO because "MMO = $$$$" and "we must build the next WoWkiller" and similar idiocy that management suits believe in, because WoW.

Which is a pity, because as a single player game with different mechanics it would've been something very very nice.

As it is, though, the mechanics simply work without much (or anything) to offer but the setting is superbly done.
    The areas, the characters, the voice acting and the storylines are all fantastic, and you can easily tell Ragnar Tornquist (The Longest Journey) had a hand on it.

As to whether the setting is enough to carry you along with "meh" gameplay, that's something only you can decide I'm afraid.

Hmm, I'm tempted. I tried the 2-day trial when the game was first released and found it interesting, though the cooldown tango combat was somewhat bleak, as you say. It seems really cool in some ways, but I don't know if I really have the time for an mmo... :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Hmm, I'm tempted. I tried the 2-day trial when the game was first released and found it interesting, though the cooldown tango combat was somewhat bleak, as you say. It seems really cool in some ways, but I don't know if I really have the time for an mmo... :/
    Well, the good thing about it not having a subscription anymore is that you don't need "time"; as far as I played, the game seemed to be made to be soloable except for the 5 man dungeons, so you can take it easy and play by yourself at your own pace without worrying that you might not be getting enough out of the $$$/month you're paying.

Quite true. Well, time made the decision for me since I forgot about it and now the deal's over. Probably for the better, but I suspect I'll get it sooner or later.

EDIT: No it's not, daily deals last 48 hours it seems. I shall resume angsting.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Eldritch is on sale on the humble store for $5 - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...tch_storefront

Its a roguelike FPS in lovecraftian setting and plays great. Its a good fun pick and play game. Alec Meer quite liked it here - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...dritch-review/

The BundleStars store is running a pretty deep discount on selected titles from the Mount & Blade franchise: Warband 3€, Napoleonic Wars DLC and With Fire and Sword 1.5€ each.

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Total war games on sale at Gamefly - 6 quid for Shogun 2 and the expandalone. Rome 2 also on sale at nuuvem (about 10). Not sure whether to get or not, and which one. Rome 2 the newest one but seems to have big flaws.

Is there anything to say about Sanctum 2? It's forgettably cheap atm. I played some of the Original, it was fun but I'm not too bothered with the Tower Defense genre, and it was still just mainly that, but with a really nice setting.

It's free to play for the weekend, so you could try it out. I've installed it to do just that, but not given it a run yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I liked Sanctum 2, couldn't find anyone to play with when I was into it though so I put it aside one day and it has become one of my 'really must play again but never remember to' games. It's quite basic as far as shooting goes but I found it satisfying and nice to play in short sessions. Easily worth the current price on Steam in any case, isn't it under 2?

Haven't played it yet, but on release the general reaction seemed to be that 2 was a step back compared to the first Sanctum, eventually becoming more of a not-terribly-good FPS and losing many of the "strategic"/TD elements. Coffee Stain reportedly worked a lot on it post release, so if you weren't sold on the first one, maybe you'll like the sequel better?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Yeah, I wanted to edit my post (but it disappeared) to add that Sanctum 2 focuses more on the guns than Sanctum did, the TD part is still a thing (you can't win without a good maze) but guns are more of a thing than before. The shooting itself isn't any better; most enemies don't react when shot beyond emitting some numbers, there's no real weight to the shooting and so on, but yeah, they don't seem like as much of an afterthought as I felt they did in the first game. Also yes, it wasn't extremely well received but a lot of work has been done on it since then. I couldn't tell you what they've worked on though.

Network Hub
    Lots of defendeering at steam this weekend: the 'daily' sale game is Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten at 90% discount, for 1.39 euro - cheapest it has every been, I should think.

Defender's Quest is so good you almost forget you're playing a tower defense game.

I've always reckoned I'd pick up Defender's Quest when it got stupidly cheap, so here we are. I played part of the demo and liked a lot of things about it, but I know I get bored of tower defence quickly (I tend to play each one I pick up obsessively for about half a day and then never touch it again once I can feel the compulsion outweighing the fun), so this is my compromise.

Edit: Ooh, Bionic Dues on sale as well.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 25-01-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Bionic Dues? A new Arcen game that no-one's heard of? Mechs? turn based? sold!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Bionic Dues? A new Arcen game that no-one's heard of? Mechs? turn based? sold!
    *Ahem."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/Bionic-Dues/

On the down side, it's Steam-only, unlike every other Arcen game ever made. Consequently, it's the only one I don't own.