Page 522 of 604 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,440 of 12065

Thread: PC Bargains

I am kind of interested in Bionic Dues but that art style really puts me off. I wish he'd put a bit more effort into it. I don't mind perfunctory graphics in the main but after watching a couple of Youtube vids I found it a little tricky to understand what was what.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's pretty clear what's going on, not least because everything's tool-tipped to the moon and back. It's also turn-based, and there are plenty of times you'll sit back and spend some time reading the board before deciding what to do. So while the visuals are nowhere near as clear as they might be it's not all that important during play.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    *Ahem."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/Bionic-Dues/

On the down side, it's Steam-only, unlike every other Arcen game ever made. Consequently, it's the only one I don't own.
    heh. yeah, found that, too. It's the second thing that comes up after the arcen home page, where it says (on the very bottom):
    However, if you wish to take the game "on the go," or otherwise back it up for archival purposes, you can simply copy the game files out of your steam folder and they will remain fully functional even without Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    heh. yeah, found that, too. It's the second thing that comes up after the arcen home page, where it says (on the very bottom):
    Yup, but using Steam as your sole distribution channel is still not something I want to encourage. There's been a lot of that going around, lately.

Bioshock infinite is currently $9.99 in amazon us. If you have an EC coupon it will be less $5.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

Amazon has Tomb Raider for 8.99 (Steam code).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandDog View Post
    Keep in mind Tomb Raider received an updated re-release today. While it is unclear if that is going to reach PC, it might be worth waiting for.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Keep in mind Tomb Raider received an updated re-release today. While it is unclear if that is going to reach PC, it might be worth waiting for.
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition: Game of the Year Edition HD
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandDog View Post
    Those promo codes work with this, making it $4 if you held on to yours.

There's also Thief 1-3 for $7.50/2.50.
    Last edited by sabrage; 28-01-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Gah.

I caved and bought it last week. $4 is too good to pass up considering it hasnt been out for a year yet

Network Hub
    The Tomb Raider Definitive edition was just a re-release of the game running on next-gen hardware. Graphically you'll still probably get more out of your PC although the PS4 might come close since it's running at 60fps there, the One is stuck at 30fps still. The only other thing to come out of it is that all the DLC is bundled together, which is a bunch of costumes for Lara that have no benefit, as well as a few multiplayer maps, which no one cared about in the first place.

If you like the tombs in the campaign (basically puzzle rooms) then there is the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, the one piece of DLC that adds content. Other than that, you're safe to buy Tomb Raider from 2013 and not miss out on anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by Firewhisper View Post
    The Tomb Raider Definitive edition was just a re-release of the game running on next-gen hardware. Graphically you'll still probably get more out of your PC although the PS4 might come close since it's running at 60fps there, the One is stuck at 30fps still. The only other thing to come out of it is that all the DLC is bundled together, which is a bunch of costumes for Lara that have no benefit, as well as a few multiplayer maps, which no one cared about in the first place.

If you like the tombs in the campaign (basically puzzle rooms) then there is the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, the one piece of DLC that adds content. Other than that, you're safe to buy Tomb Raider from 2013 and not miss out on anything important.
    I've heard conflicting stories that Definitive actually adds a few graphical bells and whistles (and re-does Lara's face to match the mo-cap actress more closely), so it might not be that simple. Although, I can't find a proper comparison yet.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I've heard conflicting stories that Definitive actually adds a few graphical bells and whistles (and re-does Lara's face to match the mo-cap actress more closely), so it might not be that simple. Although, I can't find a proper comparison yet.
    Yeah, it does have a few extra improvements (whether the face is better or worse is apparently a matter of debate). The foliage is improved for some extra immersion, amongst other things. The 60 FPS on the PS4 is not the entire truth, however. IIRC, the source I read had an average of 53 or something, with dips into the low 30s. On the other hand, the Xbone apparently has the occasional dip below its 30.

I personally doubt that the DE will be a significant improvement over the PC version, so spending $4 on it is hardly a mistake, regardless of whether we'll get the definitive edition or not. As for the console versions (not that I'll play either of them), my two hundredths of a dollar is that I would probably prefer a mostly solid 30 FPS over a frame rate bouncing all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Yeah, it does have a few extra improvements (whether the face is better or worse is apparently a matter of debate). The foliage is improved for some extra immersion, amongst other things. The 60 FPS on the PS4 is not the entire truth, however. IIRC, the source I read had an average of 53 or something, with dips into the low 30s. On the other hand, the Xbone apparently has the occasional dip below its 30.

I personally doubt that the DE will be a significant improvement over the PC version, so spending $4 on it is hardly a mistake, regardless of whether we'll get the definitive edition or not. As for the console versions (not that I'll play either of them), my two hundredths of a dollar is that I would probably prefer a mostly solid 30 FPS over a frame rate bouncing all over the place.
    Yeah, I just know that a lot of people get a massive hard-on over having "better graphics than the console peasants", and this is one case where the PS4 version might outshine the PC :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Yeah, I just know that a lot of people get a massive hard-on over having "better graphics than the console peasants", and this is one case where the PS4 version might outshine the PC :p
    I don't recall whether the whole "console peasant" slur was as common when the last gen launched. Is there a chance of it losing steam as the new generation really gets going? Granted, neither console is state of the art, but they'll probably manage to squeeze a fair bit out of both of them. And yes, there's more to it than graphics, but I'm not sure if everyone realizes that.

I do wonder if we'll see the DE on PC. I suppose, for Squeenix, it's a matter of choosing between the costs of implementing the new stuff on PC + the risk of PC cannibalizing on the appeal of PS4 and Xbone sales (but maybe get a few new PC sales) - or - getting some badwill from the PC community for not porting it. It'll probably come along further down the line. Either way, I wish them all the best with it.

Anyway, new GOG deal is Wizardry 6+7 for $1.49. Now that my curiosity has been sated, it's way past bed time.

Oh, and I'm aware that my use of hyphens was grammatically incorrect. Sue me. Sweet dreams, y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I don't recall whether the whole "console peasant" slur was as common when the last gen launched. Is there a chance of it losing steam as the new generation really gets going? Granted, neither console is state of the art, but they'll probably manage to squeeze a fair bit out of both of them. And yes, there's more to it than graphics, but I'm not sure if everyone realizes that.

I do wonder if we'll see the DE on PC. I suppose, for Squeenix, it's a matter of choosing between the costs of implementing the new stuff on PC + the risk of PC cannibalizing on the appeal of PS4 and Xbone sales (but maybe get a few new PC sales) - or - getting some badwill from the PC community for not porting it. It'll probably come along further down the line. Either way, I wish them all the best with it.

Anyway, new GOG deal is Wizardry 6+7 for $1.49. Now that my curiosity has been sated, it's way past bed time.

Oh, and I'm aware that my use of hyphens was grammatically incorrect. Sue me. Sweet dreams, y'all!
    Well, aside from some very questionable development choices regarding the xbone version (assuming eurogamer's digital foundry are accurate), it should be pretty trivial to port this to PC. I would imagine they would release it similarly to the Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut in that existing owners get a discount and all that fun crap.

As to whether they will: Square-Enix needs money and this is a pretty low cost solution, but I suspect they would want to wait a few months just to get all the sales from people who want to be the shiniest belle at the ball.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Regarding the "console peasants" stuff that gets tossed around all the time now. Everyone I know in real life who acts like that, was playing on Xbox 360's and Playstation 3's for the majority of those consoles life spans and they only started getting into PC gaming maybe 2 years ago.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Network Hub
    Subtle.

/10 char.

Obscure Node
    Got this voucher for The Elder Scrolls Online, from Green Man Gaming.

Not sure if it's shareable, or publicly available, but if anyone out there wants to cut some of the cost off it - here you go: ZSCKQ2-3QL7FS-XYSOKJ

Network Hub
    Brave new world is 75% off on gamersgate, which comes out as 7.5 euros for me.