Page 527 of 602 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 12040

Thread: PC Bargains

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    So the Ubisoft catalog is on sale on Steam - and I noticed that Settlers 7 has now been added back to the store (it was gone for at least 2 years). Anyone played this game? Is this still worth playing in 2014?

Almost all of those have been cheaper elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    Almost all of those have been cheaper elsewhere.
    Yea, it's not a very good sale it seems?

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Yea, it's not a very good sale it seems?
    Bear in mind the 35% discounts will probably get better as each franchise is focused on throughout the weekend. Also, there are a few other Ubi deals on other sites - Uplay has Anno 2070 cheaper, and Get Games has Settlers 7 for 75% off already (sorry can't put in links as work proxy is taking me to euro Uplay and dollars Get Games for some reason...)

If there's something in particular you want try using http://isthereanydeal.com/ to keep an eye on where it's cheapest.

Also remember that a lot of Ubi games on Steam also use Uplay.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

FireFlower Games

Weekend Deal: Finding Teddy - 40% off
    Carefully selected DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux for direct download - http://fireflowergames.com/
    At least half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

I like adventure games. Has anyone played the ones in the Humble Weekly Sale? Are they any good?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've played a few hours of Settlers 7. I quite like it, but I don't love it. It has that Settlers charm, and it's as lovely as it ever was to zoom in and watch the work. The map is divided into discrete sectors surrounded by impassable hills and rivers linked by narrow passes and bridges, and I liked this less. Part of that is nostalgia, since I grew up with the wide open expanses of the first two games; this feels more artificially restrictive. It does make you consider your use of space carefully, and lets the military aspect by more controlled and predictable.

The game also introduces concepts and buildings relatively slowly. It's good for teaching concepts, but it feels very much like a very, very long tutorial. I'm still not out of feeling like that, so maybe the whole thing opens up a lot more later on.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by F. Lynx Pardinus View Post
    I like adventure games. Has anyone played the ones in the Humble Weekly Sale? Are they any good?
    Safecracker is more of a puzzle game, than a adventure game. I really enjoyed it, its just rooms with locks and puzzles. Its the only real stand out in the PWYW tier imo.

In the $6 tier, Unwritten Tales games are good, but they are German, while the translation is good, its slightly annoying. If you like good adventure games, you will like them. Deponia is the same, but I found it thinking it is funnier than it is

$15 is The Raven, I really like it. Its a good story, told well. Its not amazing, but if you like adventure games, you will enjoy it I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    I've played a few hours of Settlers 7. I quite like it, but I don't love it. It has that Settlers charm, and it's as lovely as it ever was to zoom in and watch the work. The map is divided into discrete sectors surrounded by impassable hills and rivers linked by narrow passes and bridges, and I liked this less. Part of that is nostalgia, since I grew up with the wide open expanses of the first two games; this feels more artificially restrictive. It does make you consider your use of space carefully, and lets the military aspect by more controlled and predictable.

The game also introduces concepts and buildings relatively slowly. It's good for teaching concepts, but it feels very much like a very, very long tutorial. I'm still not out of feeling like that, so maybe the whole thing opens up a lot more later on.
    Thanks for the feedback

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    GameMaker Studio Standard is Free, Pro is $35

http://yoyogames.com/developers/promotions/sale

Spelunky, Risk of Rain, Hotline Miami and the like used it for development:
    http://www.yoyogames.com/showcase

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post

Does it still have Tages or was that patched out?

Orion: Dino Horde is discounted at 93% bringing it down to 1€. I remember its predecessor Orion: Dino Beatdown being not particularly good, but haven't heard anything as negative about this. anyone tried it yet? Is asking this here and waiting for an answer not pretty stupid given that I have more than 1€ in my steam wallet?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Does it still have Tages or was that patched out?
    No idea, sorry.

You can download the game for free and test it yourself before parting with your Steam Bucks. In fact, considering its metacritic score and its horrible fame, I'd highly advise you do.

It's not as clear as other free weekend events, but you can find Orion in your game library right now and download it without buying. It should be available in this fashion until Feb 27th, more or less.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    You must all now buy Ghost Recon (the original, naturally), Island Thunder and Desert Siege. Then we must organise a day to play it.

I have just been informed that there is a Thief modding contest going on which gives the entrants a free copy of Thief Gold. Entering the contest only requires entering your name and e-mail address though, so you can sign up, snatch up the game and sneak out, and they'll be none the wiser! Isn't that thematically appropriate? They will give you a promo code for an Amazon game download which also includes a Steam code, so to redeem it any non-US residents should put on their leet hacker hat and enter a fake US address to fool them. Two less-than-legal gambits in one day! We're out of control!

It's likely that they didn't anticipate people to sign up without entering the contest so I wouldn't be surprised if it's shut down. The contest also allows you to submit mod ideas though, so to reassure my conscience I might do just that.

Find it at http://thiefmodcompetition.com/

I think it's been running for at least a day now, so if they haven't shut it down yet...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Safecracker is....

Thanks, Kiril.

Even more Ubisoft games on sale at http://www.getloadedgo.com/. 3 for €22, 4 for €26, 5, for €28.

But no Rayman Legends. :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I just nearly spent £0.81 on a pack of guns for Blacklist, the game I finished without killing anyone... I shouldn't be allowed to go on the internet tired.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/